It’s not surprising that Montreal in Canada is considered a great place to reside. It’s not Canada’s largest city but it is considered one of its most ‘European’ with many residents speaking English and French. Montreal’s property market escaped the same sort of attention Toronto and Vancouver experienced with foreign buyers seemingly over-inflating property values, however it’s on the radar of home buyers now.
Real estate sales prices are expected to jump six percent this year and this might go even higher now Toronto and Vancouver have foreign buyer taxes. Take a closer look at the new real estate listings in Montreal and you’ll see even the most popular family locations have listings that are favourable to home buyers. If you’re wondering what Montreal can offer your family here’s where your kids will love to hang out.
- Have fun at the Récréathèque. If you have young kids below 10 years old, they’ll have a blast here in this huge playground. The options for fun seem endless, with its arcade, roller coaster, mini train, and a maze. Your kids can play paintball and mini-golf, rollerblade in the rink, or ride the bumper cars. And while they’re at it, they can have their faces painted too!
- Relax at the beach. While you take in the sun in the summer at Parc Jean-Drapeau, your hyperactive kids can vent their energies by jumping on the trampolines, riding a kayak, or play beach volleyball with the other kids. Of course, they can also go for a swim.
- Savor the hot chocolate at Juliette et Chocolat. What child doesn’t like chocolate? Here at this Chocolate Bar, there are more than 30 varieties of hot chocolate. There are crepes and other sinful desserts as well, and the adults can even enjoy spiked hot chocolate.
- Enjoy an exhilarating time at La Ronde. This is the 2nd-largest amusement park in Canada, and you can find it on Saint Helen’s Island. A single day may not be enough to enjoy everything the park has to offer for children, as it has more than 40 different rides for kids. A dozen of these rides are safe and peaceful for younger kids, while those with a more daredevil attitude may want to try the 10 different rollercoasters.
- Interact with zoo animals. Some zoos restrict you to just looking at the animals, but that’s not the case at Granby Zoo. Sure your kids can just look at the tigers and gorillas. But there’s also a stingray touch tank. At the petting farm, your young kids will enjoy feeding the baby goats, and then you can all take a camel ride. During the summer, there are also amusement rides here to go with a waterpark.
- Ride a bike along the bike trails on the waterfront. The Ça Roule Montréal rents put kid’s bikes and tandem bikes, and you can take a guided bike tour. You can also just go on your own through the trails mapped out by Ça Roule Montréal.
- Simulate a free fall with Sky Venture. Kids who are at least 4 years old can enjoy the feeling of free falling with this vertical wind tunnel. This is one safe for young boys and girls to enjoy a parachuting adventure!
- Get into a laser gunfight at Laser Quest. Your kids may forget their shoot-em-up video games once they get a taste of real life laser tag. Here it comes with a 5-level maze and there’s even fog to really set the scene.
- Visit the Cirque du Soleil. This is classic family entertainment for a reason. You have to see it for yourself.
- Take a dip in the Aquadôme. Currently under renovation, this 1.2-kilometer pool with jets and slides will be even better when it finally reopens in September 2017.
These are just some of the fun activities for kids in the city and there’s an even more impressive list of fun activities for adults including world renown festivals held throughout the year, culturally diverse food options, classy shops for the shopaholic and outdoor activities for the active types.
- Technology8 months ago
The Future Is Now: 9 of 2019’s Most Spectacular Home Automation Upgrades
- Management4 months ago
Top 7 Reasons Why You Should Hire a Property Manager
- Legal1 year ago
How to Deal with Tree-Related Neighbour Disputes in Australia
- Investment6 months ago
Toughest Rentals Rules, Landlords on Notice
- Investment11 months ago
Investors Compare Residential To Commercial Property
- Buy6 months ago
Who Is The Real Estate Agent Working For?
- Investment5 months ago
Should You Start Investing in Rental Real Estate?
- Management4 months ago
Healthy Homes For All!
- Sell1 year ago
The Ultimate Guide to Selling Your House Fast
- Buy2 years ago
3 Great Settings For Your New Home