If you are getting your garden designed, you have come to the right place. Limestone retaining wall design is commonly used to increase the aesthetic appeal of your garden; the best thing here is that they are very practical as well.
Limestone, a sedimentary rock, is mainly composed of skeletal fragments of various marine organisms, like forams, corals and molluscs. These blocks are often used in landscaping as they serve a lot of purposes; for example, they ensure soil control and privacy. They are very pleasing to the eyes and can be used in many different designs. You can either choose them as pavement stones in your garden, or you can even choose to build a retaining wall.
Limestones are not just used for landscaping, they are a famous choice for a lot of construction projects. And not just that, they have been a favourite construction material throughout history because of their strength and durability; many famous historical monuments like the pyramids in Egypt are built with limestone.
We thought to list down the advantages of limestone blocks here, so that, in case you are in split minds, we help you make an informed choice.
Let’s take a look.
- Strong and Durable: The first desired trait in the material used for construction is that it should be strong enough to withstand environmental hazards and should be long lasting. As they are carved out of natural stone, limestone bricks are highly durable and strong. They can sustain many years without cracks and erosion. This is the reason why they cut down the maintenance cost considerably.
- Easy to work on: Limestone bricks are not a hassle and are very easy to work with. They are incredibly easy to cut and install. So, if you wish to save money by deciding to install them by yourself, it is easy. Whether you want to lay them on the patio or on the pavement, you can easily do it.
- Natural: Limestones are natural as they are directly cut from quarries as opposed to being man made. Because they are natural, they are very strong.
- Can withstand the weather: They can stand up to any weather with ease, as compared to other options. Though they need to be sealed against water, one great thing is that they don’t crack or expand.
- Easily available: The companies which sell limestone bricks are mainly situated near limestone quarries and have thousands of large blocks already available. The bricks can be very easily cut out of them. They come in different sizes and colours, so, you also have enough options. The fact that these massive blocks are easy to cut makes limestone bricks cheaper than marble or granite.
- Lower rates: Who doesn’t want to save their hard-earned money? Well, limestone bricks are a great bargain, because these strong rocks are not all that expensive when compared to other building materials. The reason for this is that they are very easy to cut and are readily available.
- Makes the paint stay: Limestone bricks are naturally available in many different colours and these colours are pretty good. However, if you wish to get it painted in a colour of your choice, that is also a great idea. The stone soaks up the first coat of paint to retain the tint for a longer time. Bright paints bring out the stone’s texture quite well.
So, in conclusion, limestone blocks are a great way to go. They are totally worth the price that you pay for them.