People often forget that home is where the heart is. It’s where we spend time with our families, it’s where we cook up delicious meals and it’s also where we spend a lot of our lives. It goes without saying that a well-designed and comfortable and healthy home can help you in more ways than you could imagine, but it all depends on what you’re willing (or not willing) to do to your home.
One of the most popular renovations as of late is turning your home into a personal health spa.
Why should I turn my home into a personal health spa?
Let’s take a look at a few reasons why you would want to invest in this.
- Increase resale value on your home. If you plan to sell your home in the future, then a personal health spa will help to boost its value.
- Boost rental prices. In addition to boosting the resale value of your home, you can also up the rental prices for your property.
- Many health benefits at your convenience. Who wouldn’t want to relax, de-stress and unwind after a long and hard day at work? Now you can get all of those conveniences from the comfort of your own home.
There are many more advantages, but those are just some of the most common reasons. Now, let’s take a look at the renovations and improvements to perform if you want to turn your home into a personal health spa.
Renovations and improvements to perform
- Consider a bathroom renovation. Your bathroom will act as the centre of your personal health spa, so consider completely renovating it if it’s too much work to do the following.
- Clear out clutter from your bathroom. Bathroom clutter can come in the form of too many bottles and soaps, it could be caused by a lack of storage space, or perhaps you’re just being lazy with your bathroom and it needs a good tidying.
- Change your shower. When people think health spa they usually think of baths. However, a bath isn’t the only thing you’ll be using in your personal health spa. Using a steam shower like an Insignia Steam Shower cabin is a great way of getting all the benefits of a spa while being convenient enough to be used every day.
- Use soothing colours. Colours play a huge role in the overall feel of your home. This is why it’s important to pick soothing earthy colours such as white, light browns and light greens to create a calming atmosphere.
- Store a collection of towels. After taking a bath or shower, you want to pamper your body and envelope it in comfort. This is where a collection of towels can come in handy. Be it large ones, small ones or a combination, make sure you indulge afterwards.
- Remember the scents. Lastly, don’t forget about the power of scents. Having a couple of candles in your bathroom and lighting them when you’re relaxing can take the experience to a new level.
Whether you want to increase your investment property rental revenue, property value or just want to have a place to unwind after a long day at work, consider turning your home into a personal health spa with these tips.