On a long hot summers day most of us have probably dreamt of having a pool in our yard at some point. If you have enough space then there is no reason why this cannot become a reality. One thing that many people wonder about when they are deciding whether to have a pool is whether it will increase the value of their property when they come to sell.
There is no hard and fast answer to this question because while some people will recoup the cost of the installation, there will be other people that do not.
There are some steps that you can take to try and increase the chances of a pool increasing the value of your property
1. The first step is to work out how much the pool will actually cost you.
2. You will need to include the cost of any ongoing maintenance as well as the cost of the installation.
3. There may also be other charges that you need to think about such as increased utility bills due to the electricity needed to run the heater and the pump.
4. It is quite expensive to install and maintain a pool so you may need to think about whether you would recoup this money when the house is sold.
5. Another thing to bear in mind if you are planning on selling your home is to come up with a design that will appeal to a lot of people.
6. The chances of selling a house with a pool increase dramatically if you choose pool designs any homeowner would love.
7. If it is a very desirable pool then there is a good chance that it will increase the value of the property.
8. The company that you choose to install your pool can advise you about the most popular choices that they offer.
There are also certain factors that may make it more likely that a swimming pool will increase the value of your home
1. If you live in a neighborhood where a lot of other homes have swimming pools then it could be a good investment.
2. Swimming pools can also add value to a home in states that get a lot of sunshine all year round such as Florida or Arizona.
3. It is also important that the pool does not take up the whole of the yard as people are likely to still want to be able to enjoy having a garden.
If you are only installing a swimming pool to increase the value of your home then the fact that it may not do this should make you think twice about the idea. However, if you think that you will get a lot of use out of the pool then it may be worth the investment and if it does increase the value of your property then this will be an added bonus. In most cases it will be a better idea to install a pool because you are going to use it rather than just to try and make some extra money on the sale of your house.
- Technology8 months ago
The Future Is Now: 9 of 2019’s Most Spectacular Home Automation Upgrades
- Management4 months ago
Top 7 Reasons Why You Should Hire a Property Manager
- Legal1 year ago
How to Deal with Tree-Related Neighbour Disputes in Australia
- Investment7 months ago
Toughest Rentals Rules, Landlords on Notice
- Investment11 months ago
Investors Compare Residential To Commercial Property
- Buy6 months ago
Who Is The Real Estate Agent Working For?
- Management4 months ago
Healthy Homes For All!
- Investment5 months ago
Should You Start Investing in Rental Real Estate?
- Sell1 year ago
The Ultimate Guide to Selling Your House Fast
- Buy2 years ago
3 Great Settings For Your New Home