No announcement yet.

Can i ask council to remove the tree trunks left behind my fence in the reserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i ask council to remove the tree trunks left behind my fence in the reserve

Hi

Hope to get some advice from all of you re the above. The tree trunks block the gate to the reserve. Is it their responsibility to clear all the trunks?

I am looking forward to all your replies. Thank you very much.

Winny

Why don't you ask the council and see ?

Comment

with all our bagging of council over big issues

they can be very responsive over smaller issues

call them up and patiently track down the person concerned and tell thema log is blocking a gate to the reserve

and you would like it moved or removed
      have you defeated them?
      your demons

Comment

Put a sign up - Free fire wood.
        The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

what right do you have to a gate to a reserve?

so the tree were there before and the gate didnt open then?

rehang the gates so they open into your property and dont expect the neighbour (the council) to accommodate you. It is to your benefit?

Comment

Originally posted by John the builder View Post
            what right do you have to a gate to a reserve?

so the tree were there before and the gate didnt open then?

rehang the gates so they open into your property and dont expect the neighbour (the council) to accommodate you. It is to your benefit?
            I think the original poster may be trying to say that the council has recently trimmed or cut down some trees, and the resultant logs have been left on the ground, blocking his gated access to the reserve - and he would like these removed so access is restored. Am I correct or did I also interpret it wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonW View Post
              I think the original poster may be trying to say that the council has recently trimmed or cut down some trees, and the resultant logs have been left on the ground, blocking his gated access to the reserve - and he would like these removed so access is restored. Am I correct or did I also interpret it wrong?
              Yes. It is the same as what SimonW said. I will ring them to see what will they say. Thank you guys.

Comment

I like the 'Free Firewood' answer - winter's coming.

cheers,

Donna
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
                  with all our bagging of council over big issues

they can be very responsive over smaller issues

call them up and patiently track down the person concerned and tell thema log is blocking a gate to the reserve

and you would like it moved or removed

I have found them apathetic across a range of issues big to small. A couple of examples:
                  The shower at our local council operated gym was out of action for over 3 months leaving only one shower available to serve a gym membership of over 200 people!
                  After almost one year of trying to get them to reinstate a damaged berm at the front of my property from a TV cable contractor the damage is still there despite numerous requests, photos and calls. They have not being able to find the contractor responsible nor why their is a cable TV box lodged in the berm as their records show no such service allocated.

All in all they are truly pathetic !

Comment

Working...
                  X