Financial Armageddon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Engineer View Post

The dilemma is if you start cashing out now, your probably selling at the bottom of the market. Versus basically having your assets tied to the sinking fortunes of NZ inc. There’s a compromise somewhere.
    Yes. That indeed is the dilemma.

One possible solution is to move some of your assets offshore, so that they are not tied to NZ's sinking fortunes.

Comment

• Originally posted by chook View Post

It appears Duck has had a few jabs , its affecting his thinking..
      Roast!
      Chook joins the roast.
      Are we looking for a little roast chicken?
      I'm sorry, this poultry contribution is not to my taste.
      And besides, I try to keep away from people who use fowl language.
      yawn,
      back to the topic perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanya View Post

Yes. That indeed is the dilemma.

One possible solution is to move some of your assets offshore, so that they are not tied to NZ's sinking fortunes.
        Don't you still have to exit the asset class at a sub optimal price point?

Comment

• Originally posted by McDuck View Post

Don't you still have to exit the asset class at a sub optimal price point?
          That would depend on timing (purchase and sale) and the type of asset.

Click image for larger version  Name:	NZX-50.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.6 KB ID:	735945
          Last edited by Sanya; 05-08-2023, 03:48 PM.

Comment

It appears Duck has had a few jabs , its affecting his thinking..
            Another joker speaking in riddles, I'm not to bad with the kings English myself! I just don't want to show I'm a know it all.
            "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post

Another joker speaking in riddles, I'm not to bad with the kings English myself!
              He says modestly.
              We'll be the judge of that.
              Chill, its just fun.
              Seriously, you did ask a good question.
              I had to think.
              No, property is not a service. ..
              it's... property.
              But there is a small amount of service type work involved in owning it.
              I figured that a property manager gets about 60K per year for running about 50 properties.
              So about $20 per week is all you can claim per property.
              Now at $20 per week, it's going to take you a long time to save a deposit.
              Aaaand back to the bad dad jokes.
              You aren't egging Chook on are you.

Comment

• This is interesting because what the NZ government has done with non deductibility of interest is far far worse than in the UK.
                For example, there's no 20% mortgage tax credit in NZ for personal ownership.

In essence, you can effectively loose money in property investment, then get a large tax bill on top.
                Its like going out to work, earning no money, then having to pay tax.

Madness.

Bring on the October intelligence test.
                Last edited by donna; 07-08-2023, 09:29 PM. Reason: Used the video feature to embed the video

Comment

• That’s a good video and as you say it’s worse for us here in NZ - currently.

cheers

Donna
                  Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• Big problems in China currently, this is just their property market which has tanked badly, been going on for 2 years. This is why NZ is in big trouble with Dairy and forestry right now.

Is NZs property market about to follow suit? Imagine if our market dropped like this in 2 years? Dont laugh.... THIS IS QUITE POSSIBLE!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	361
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	736065

Comment

Big problems in China
                      Don't you just love how people are people the whole world over.
                      That oh so typical dead cat bounce at the end. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by McDuck View Post

Don't you just love how people are people the whole world over.
                        That oh so typical dead cat bounce at the end. Haha
                        Yeah the "relief rally" and then it goes another 30 - 60% DOWN
                        Last edited by Perry; 20-08-2023, 01:02 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Comment

• Final warning, everyone OUT..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1225
Size:	458.7 KB
ID:	736092

Comment

• From the worst government in history files:
                            The rotund master of coin has been busy

Debt blowout: Government expected to borrow $35 billion more than planned eight months ago

Westpac economists believe this will mean that instead of issuing $120b of New Zealand Government Bonds (debt) in the four years to 2026/27 (as forecast in May), Treasury will need to issue $135b.

In other words, if the Government sticks to its spending plans, and if Westpac economists’ forecasts of Treasury’s forecasts eventuate, the Government will need to borrow an extra $15b over the next four years.

Latest breaking news articles, photos, video, blogs, reviews, analysis, opinion and reader comment from New Zealand and around the World - NZ Herald

Comment

• Who are they going to target to pay for it?
                              Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• Borrow and leave the pay-back to later generation?

Comment

Working...
                                X