No announcement yet.

Financial Armageddon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When and by how much is unknown. One cant make financial decision based on a time event- hence think long term. So I bought at the peak of 2006 , its up by over 100% , why does it matter to me?

Comment

• O Doomeo, O Doomeo, Wherefore Art Thou O Doomeo?

Originally posted by Commercial Dan View Post
      Doctor Doom
      Next: The Mother Of All Bank Runs?
      Originally posted by Commercial Dan View Post
      As Capitalism Crumbles, U.S. Taxpayers Pick Up the Pieces
      Interesting to look back ten years and ponder on the dubious prognostications of the prophets of gloom.

Comment

• It seems like we are going to have no inflation and super low interest rates for the next eon or so.
        This is the new normal.
        I guess this time it really was different.

Comment

• Is a guess the same as a prediction, Bob?

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
            Can you share any links of what you think is cheap?
            You really need to be there to secure the real bargains!
            But if you check the graphs of the Italian provinces you will see the older houses are still depreciating, unlike the rest of Europe.
            Italians are not DIYers. They prefer to buy new builds.
            Profiting from Property, not People

Want free help on taking your portfolio to the next level?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
              It seems like we are going to have no inflation and super low interest rates for the next eon or so.
              This is the new normal.
              I guess this time it really was different.

I suspect this is all a lie.
              And it's low inflation in name only.

The cost of introducing more paper money into any system must be inflation.
              by logic alone, since true inflation is the amount of goods* relative to the amount of dollars.
              10 dollars divided by 10 goods, equals an inflation of one.
              20 dollars divided by 10 goods equals an inflation of two.
              and so on.

Note, different sections of society will feel that inflation differently.
              It's significant and it's there alright, possibly hidden in the averages.

* and services etc.
              Last edited by McDuck; 10-05-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• It's a pretty realistic lie then.
                If you can find some inflation then grab it with both hands and give it to the Reserve Bank governor - he hasn't seen any for a long time.

People seem to think that printing several trillion dollars over the last few years will cause a lot of inflation.
                Doesn't seem to have happened which has confounded a lot of people.
                We're still waiting for someone to come up with a plausible explanation.
                If your definition of inflation is true then I suspect the amount of dollars is not as it appears.

Comment

It's a pretty realistic lie then.
                  If you can find some inflation then grab it with both hands and give it to the Reserve Bank governor - he hasn't seen any for a long time.

People seem to think that printing several trillion dollars over the last few years will cause a lot of inflation.
                  Doesn't seem to have happened which has confounded a lot of people.
                  We're still waiting for someone to come up with a plausible explanation.
                  If your definition of inflation is true then I suspect the amount of dollars is not as it appears.
                  Hi
                  Tony alexander mentions inflation in his latest report.
                  Thanks
                  Richard

Comment

• economics

should be the easiest course at university

the test questions remain the same each year

unfortunately, the answers keep changing...
                    Last edited by eri; 11-05-2019, 02:10 PM.
                    have you defeated them?
                    your demons

Comment

It's a pretty realistic lie then...
                      Doesn't seem to have happened which has confounded a lot of people...

There are several ways to hide inflation.
                      I won't go into them.

Apart from hiding it, there is one other thing that could be happening.
                      If all that printed money was drained out of the country as soon as it was put in, that would cause low inflation or stagflation.

I'll let you figure out who could be doing that and how.
                      (No, not importers of goods.)

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSky View Post
                        When and by how much is unknown. One cant make financial decision based on a time event- hence think long term. So I bought at the peak of 2006 , it's up by over 100% , why does it matter to me?
                        But the USA that, of course, hasn't happen as they still haven't seen Real House values pass the peaks reached pre-GFC

In Japan real house values are only 84% of the highs reached some 20yrs ago

NZ like Aus have MAJOR Bubbles in the property market(really unaffected by GFC) as to why we see the rates continued to push downwards as the reserve banks hope to keep the cheap money games going to keep Cindy and team in power

Unless average household incomes increase HUGELY its at best going to flatline as rates continue to fall going forward
                        Last edited by JBM; 16-05-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBM View Post
                          Unless average household incomes increase HUGELY . . . .
                          And what real productivity might induce that?

Comment

• Nothing this Govt will allow ...Mining - Oil & Gas high priced exports... the fact is we are going backward as a Nation more tourism jobs making 30k-40k pa more RE agents and sales ... Vs $80k+ Export driven jobs

But even then I just don't see it .... I guess more rate cuts lending to cheaper money might at least stop prices dropping in main centers and help push other lower prices areas a touch higher ... I see the west coast is one of the new property growth areas ... (LOL you know the end is near)

Comment

• Originally posted by PTILoveYou View Post
                              Chinese sharemarket will crash sometime this year...
                              That prediction was May 2015.

Any signs of a crash of note, yet?

Comment

• Another great prediction from the oracle Garry Lin

Comment

Working...
                                X