No announcement yet.

RM property academy now redundant???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, thanks Paul - I just realised that conventional way of having B&H's low-geared will not apply (gearing will be averaged across my whole portfolio)
    LO's should be low geared to boost cashflow and B&H high geared to but I'm not telling you why - talk to Garth!
    Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

But thanks for trying to answer them on his behalf. I'm sure that when you grow up you'll be just like him.
      thanks Paul, that's EXACTLY what my intention is!
      (Thanks Niall - well different type of thanks if you know what i mean , as Dean said yesterday: It's not my business what people think about me)
      Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
        Hi Nigel,
        I've got the feeling that the word PropertyTalk and the website url (http://www.propertytalk.com/) is banned/censored on the Richmastery site (http://www.richmastery.com/).
        Is this true?
        Could I post on the Richmastery forum and mention the PropertyTalk site?
        thanks
        tricky
        Correct Tricky.
        The use of propertytalk on there forums or blogs breachs the websites guidelines and will be censored.

Comment

Niall

I suspect it would be a mistake to presume upon the numbers
          on each side in this discussion. It can be very frustrating,
          when trying repeatedly to get a straight answer (Yes/No
          would suffice) to a straight question.

Dean said this:

"This does not mean that one will never buy a normal buy
          and hold property ever again, but it does mean the
          opportunities to make money and to buy property are
          expanded, so one's overall view of PI will never be the same
          again."

That seems like a fuller, more self-explanatory view.

Then there was the "another tool in the toolbox" comment.

But the advert implies that all other tools and perhaps even
          the toolbox will be redundant.

As I see it, all that's being debated is the accuracy of an
          advertising claim. So far, I'd say the claim is exaggerated
          (puffery, perhaps, in legal speak), at best - and mis-leading
          at worst.

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
            Hi Nigel,
            I've got the feeling that the word PropertyTalk and the website url (http://www.propertytalk.com/) is banned/censored on the Richmastery site (http://www.richmastery.com/).
            Is this true?
            Could I post on the Richmastery forum and mention the PropertyTalk site?
            thanks
            tricky
            Its not explicitly banned by the rules (Or at least it wasn't when I was moderated for doing so again and again and again) but anything you do and particularly if you mention helpful advice over here or... dare to post a link to helpful advice over here well you will be moderated...

Anyway you can read all about how Richmastery run their forum here: http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8342

David
            New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

Perry has accurately divined my intention.

David - it sometimes scares me how much our thoughts cohere. I can't remember the last time I disagreed with something you had to say.

Comment

Originally posted by xris View Post
                This is a good point, one which I have recently thought about. Some advice given here by people is very good and it is all free. I like to think in an arrogrant way that some of my advice may be helpful to someone. Certainly, other posters advice has on occassion helped me.
                I am a capitalist and I have wondered if some people here should not do something to get a financial reward from the advice they give so freely.

xris
                Well some people do... people like Dean for example have made a fair bit of money off propertytalk by getting mentees (Okay so I have no idea what the appropriate word is there but I hope you get the point) from PT. Of course they have also give huge amounts to the community in the process.

I'm quite unkeen on propertytalk being used to make money directly, but think indirectly its fine. I've two reasons for not wanting financial rewards to be involved.
                1. I prefer that many of the constant writers here do it out of the goodness of their hearts rather than the fatness of their wallet... I think it provides a counter balance to those who are here at least in part out of the fatness of their wallet.
                2. We all do get some financial rewards out of propertytalk, its just an intergenerational thing, I have learnt so much and that has translated into my (mild) property success. It seems fair to me that I give some of that back with my involvement here...

On the educational seminar front, I hope that we never go down the PT introduction to property seminar path or if we do then we do it for free. I know over at RM they sneer at free advice, but I honestly think that the basics really aren't worth being charged in the hundreds or thousands to learn and that you can get all the advice, support, mentoring and business ideas here on PT.

In other words what can you get out of a course that with a little persistence you can't get here on PT?

However at the moment the advice you get and whether you get that advice is a tad chaotic, you only learn about x if you happen to read the post where x is mentioned. That's why I created the my favorites thread.

Gerard and I presently involved in setting up a project where this will hopefully be somewhat sorted out, and much of the gems of wisdom here on propertytalk will be squeezed for their juices and then those juices will be delivered in a coherent, non-mass marketed fashion...

And if you are interested in getting in on the ground floor just send me $99 no questions asked and... Oops sorry I'm not RM, I mean to say if you would be interested in being involved in a project that should help educate and support both newbies and seasoned professionals then send me and/or Gerard a PM, we will explain the current idea and you can be added to the pool of contributors/brainstormers discussing the idea...

Cheers
                David
                New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

Did someone say juice?

Comment

Yeah!

99gms of sugar/100mls
                    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

I did notice Muppet that the consumer awards you posted had a health food category...

Any nominees...

David

Comment

I wish you would pull your head in Superdad.

So RM are advertising Jungle Juice type seminars from which you can make real Sweet Tea from.

They have identified a market from which they can make good money from.

Great stuff I say.

Another group is also advertising Snake Oil seminars to be held on the 24 February, 24 March and 19-20 May.

They like our esteemed other group will get lots of people going to these seminars expecting to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or a pot of sweet tea.

Some will, most won't but at least 98% will enjoy the experience of going and I am sure will learn something, even if the seminar(s) were a waste of money.

The other seminars are about:
                        Holiday Home Investments, Successful Subdivisions and Making Money in Commercial Property Training Seminar.

Bye for now

Comment

See you next time TT

Comment

"Find a gold mine and sell pans" - Brad Sugars,
                            Phil Jones' mentor and friend. Director of action international.

RM is a very successful business. The gold mine is the property market. Pans being education/software/mentoring groups.

I have done the academy. So I am offering my opinion here from experience.

The RM academy (and all the other add ons) are expensive. And you may end up spending allot of money on tools you could get from else where for much cheaper.

After 3 days of intense education and hard selling my head was full of lots of great new ideas and my credit card was maxed out.

I did take action though which is the key. Had I not, and just gone back to my 9-5 job wasting away my new found knowledge (with a maxed out credit card) I would be another ex RM graduate who "can't find any positive cash flow deals, Its all RM's fault".

What I did was implement a plan to:

A) Work for my self/ start a business for cash flow.
                            B) Purchase buy and hold property for passive income.

Nothing that you do Is a waste. Only a great lesson either way whether you think it was good or bad.
                            Learn to view life as a journey or adventure.

I don't agree with everything that RM do or say. But they have given me an opportunity (kick up the ass) to improve my financial situation. I did fell like I had to go and use my new knowledge to pay off the debt I had incurred from the education though!

But then what price can you put on an experience that improves the course of your life?

I really enjoyed several of the key speakers like Kurek Ashly, Marten Ayles and the DVD of Brad Sugars.

Anyway no point wasting energy on something negative.

If you don't wont to spend the money on the academy at least buy some of Brad Sugars' books on Property or Business. He is the brains behind RM anyway.

Going to seminars like RM's will allow you to meet lots of like minded people to network with.

Life is about the people you meet & the experiences you have along the way
                            Last edited by Libertas; 21-02-2007, 11:38 AM.
                            No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

There are three profit centers in the property field.

Number one is Buy and Hold - good for wealth creation but crap for cash flow.

Number two is trading - good for chunks of cash and can be O.K for cash flow but involves on going work.

Number three is information marketing - teaching others how to do it so you have more money to do number one.

Personally I see nothing wrong with any or all, unless you don't practice one or two.

Then your a charlatan and should be dealt with appropriately. And theres plenty of those "experts"!

Comment

Amen to that Toby, there's far too many of them in this business!!

Comment

Working...
                                X