RM property academy now redundant???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by powerbroker50
    Richmastery are not stating that lease options are the only way to go.
    What do you make of the following claim Nigel?

Originally posted by RM advertising
    Once you understand the power of lease options you will never buy or sell real estate the conventional way again.

Comment

lease options

It is a way to trade and make money. They also promote buy and hold. At the end of the day you can only make real money from capital appreciation. I taught people about lease options in Australia 5 years ago. It is a good way to make money. But it is not the only way it is just but one strategy. Does it state anywhere on their web site ignore everything here just focus on lease options?

As investors we have to change with the market. As individual investors we can choose the courses we do and the level of services we choose to purchase. If it helps people to be in a mentoring group then thats good. Whatever helps people get to the next level.

Comment

You haven't answered my question Nigel.

You write:

They also promote buy and hold
        They (RM) write:

Once you understand the power of lease options you will never buy or sell real estate the conventional way again.
        Anyone else spot the contradiction?
        Last edited by SuperDad; 05-02-2007, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by powerbroker50 View Post

Paul you seem to spend a lot of time attacking RM and thats your right. But I think it is important to look at the big picture. Things can only change when people start to do things differently than they do now.
          You may be on the way with changing your life but if Richmastery helps people by offering education then I think thats great. Yes they charge so what. If you go to school, you pay. If you see a financial planner you pay. It is there choice as to what services they wish to use.

So ask the question what is it worth to change your life?
          I suggest you use forums like this to assist and motivate people rather than just attack.
          Powerbroker,

The trouble is that the so called education offered is, on the whole, rubbish.

I also do not class as education being told that if you think positively then you will achieve positive results. That is simple life skill, much the same as learning that to be treated nicely you have to treat others nicely.

The pieces of 'education' offered by RM, such as how to make an offer, what nett yield means etc, is pretty basic stuff that anyone with half a brain can pick up from chatting to a few people and reading a book.

Wose still though is that some of this more tangible pieces of education are simply wrong. This is an area I have picked up on occassionally and commented about.

So, what do you get for the $x,000 you pay to RM for an education? Not very much at all I would say, and so would the majority of people who have paid thousands of dollars to RM - (the silent majority).

All this is compounded by the gloss, the misleading advertising and the tasteless American style tack RM loves to indulge in.

So, the critism of RM from me boils down to the fact that they are asking people to pay a large amount of money for a service which is not worth it.

xris

Comment

have you been to the property academy?

Xris

If you have attended the full academy then you have a right to your opion, if not where do you get your information from. No one is forcing anyone to use Richmastery. Perhaps if you guys are so switched on you should start yor own course to help educate people.
            Many people do not know how to start.

To say that all the information is rubbish is frankly just plain ignorant.

Pual I have answered the question. Show me on the Richmastery site where it states that everything else apart from lease options is a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by powerbroker50
              Show me on the Richmastery site where it states that everything else apart from lease options is a waste of time.
              Nigel, I have shown you. In case you missed it, here it is again:

Now, I appreciate that your pro-RM blinkers may be preventing you from seeing the glaringly ovious, so I'll spell it out in a little more detail.

The LO advertising clearly states that LOs are the superior investing strategy in today's market. Indeed, the advertising goes so far as to say that once you understand the power of LOs, you'll never revert to convenional ways of investing again.

Now, here's the tricky part, so read carefully:

The clear implication of this claim is that other (traditional) investing strategies are a waste of time, once you know how to do LOs. (Why else would you never go back to them, unless they were a waste of time?)

So there it is. Clear enough?

Paul.

Comment

I liken getting Property Investment Education from Richmastery to getting a Sex Education from a Street Prostitute, many get taken in by it but none will ever admit to it. I have been to neither.

Comment

Xris

Perhaps if you guys are so switched on you should start yor own course to help educate people.
                  Many people do not know how to start.

This is a good point, one which I have recently thought about. Some advice given here by people is very good and it is all free. I like to think in an arrogrant way that some of my advice may be helpful to someone. Certainly, other posters advice has on occassion helped me.
                  I am a capitalist and I have wondered if some people here should not do something to get a financial reward from the advice they give so freely.

xris

Comment

Originally posted by ivi View Post
                    I liken getting Property Investment Education from Richmastery to getting a Sex Education from a Street Prostitute, many get taken in by it but none will ever admit to it. I have been to neither.
                    omg thats hilarious

it does seem to me though that RM is heading back towards it's 'good/bad old days' style again. the super secret cash flow generating machine = network marketing juice, is the obvious sign.
                    payji-san dayo, SAN! sonkei shiro!

Comment

Yes Paul

I do blog on the Richmastery site. I am also a moderator their. I have never been told to sensor people. I have also been told that I can write whatever I like and I do. I have never had one of my bloggs changed or altered in any way. ...
                      Hi Nigel,
                      I've got the feeling that the word PropertyTalk and the website url (http://www.propertytalk.com/) is banned/censored on the Richmastery site (http://www.richmastery.com/).
                      Is this true?
                      Could I post on the Richmastery forum and mention the PropertyTalk site?
                      thanks
                      tricky

Comment

“Richmastery is happy to answer any questions on its operations, products or services and we invite you to place your questions on our web site accessible through the signature link below, so our team of support staff can adequately respond to your query and answer it appropriately"

Comment

I would take you up on yor offer but...

you banned me from your site, remember. Why? Exactly because you were NOT happy giving straightforward answers to questions about your products, services, or operations.

Nice try though RM - trying to lure people over to your site so that you can sell them academy tickets, expensive hand-holding (whoops, should that be mentoring) programmes and wonderjuice.

Paul.

Comment

Down boy, down!
                            DFTBA

Comment

Not really wanting to enter the political side of this debate but in relation to lease options....
                              Many of the people who attended my course this weekend have emailed me today or spoken to me by phone saying that they will never view PI in the same light. Lease options creates opportunities where none existed previously.
                              This does not mean that one will never buy a normal buy and hold property ever again, but it does mean the opportunities to amke money and to buy property are expanded, so one's overall view of PI will never be the same again.

Comment

Originally posted by pooomba
                                This does not mean that one will never buy a normal buy and hold property ever again, but it does mean the opportunities to amke money and to buy property are expanded, so one's overall view of PI will never be the same again.
                                See, why didn't the advertising make this point, rather than:

There's a big difference. Dean, maybe I'm just being picky - I'm sure that you will think that I am, and that I nedd to "get out more".

Paul.

P.S. Do you LO contracts show the same disregard for clarity, coherence and consistency as your advertising. I hope not!

Comment

Working...
                                X