No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to Adrian - I'd say he's pretty much confirmed that little will happen apart from the LVR restrictions coming in - in March.

The trade-offs make doing like rising interest rates, DTI measures etc too risky. Tanking the economy, and loss of jobs, etc frightens the Gov't way more than rising house prices.

A 'wait and see' what the LVR restrictions do puts off any real action. Meanwhile, round table meetings will be enough for the Gov't to communicate they're taking housing seriously.

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• Haha.

I'm calling total and utter BS on Mr Orr's "Economic trade off" opinion.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Someone might just be stuck, or covering their behind.

We've seen that the figures are not coupled, or else they wouldn't have diverged.

Think man, think, how did you decoupled them in the first place... what changed,
      What got added.

No more hints, do your job.

Comment

• Originally posted by donna View Post
        Listening to Adrian - I'd say he's pretty much confirmed that little will happen apart from the LVR restrictions coming in - in March.

The trade-offs make doing like rising interest rates, DTI measures etc too risky. Tanking the economy, and loss of jobs, etc frightens the Gov't way more than rising house prices.

A 'wait and see' what the LVR restrictions do puts off any real action. Meanwhile, round table meetings will be enough for the Gov't to communicate they're taking housing seriously.

cheers,

Donna
        He doesn't care, there are no real consequences for him getting it wrong.

Some say...

His last job paid over 1.2 Million per year,
        Yes, that's over 20,000 dollars a week.

His present job pays around 800,000 per year.
        Yes that's over 15,000 per week.

Can you honestly expect him to understand that a standard house costing 1.5 million dollars is a problem?
        "Meh! what are they moaning about", he would say, it's only a bit of pocket money".

He wouldn't really understand what its like for a young couple to try to get out of the rent trap
        by saving 100 dollars each week, only to have prices outrun you by 1500 per week.

Ps don't tell Jeffa this, he'll come up with all sort of theories why a small town boy, with a basic education, could get onto such a sweet deal, and then take a 400k pay drop to move to the RESERVE BANK.
        Last edited by McDuck; 03-12-2020, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Back to the topic.
          Interest rates are still going to go negative at some stage.there just putting off the inevitable.

Here's an inside tip.

The longer the border stays closed the longer were in the red..the more stimulus we will need, the lower inflation we have, the lower interest for longer it will be.

Has anyone mentioned that the political party for the working class people is supporting this massive wealth transfer ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post

It's the cheapest time since Nixon ended the gold standard in the 70s to buy a house.
            Ha!

Grief!

You must have invented some new definition of "cheap" that I'm not familiar with..

If this is how you used statistics in your previous job, I can honestly see why they had to fire you.

No matter how rich you think you are, that 15,000 per week, that Mr. Orr is probably getting, that makes you look like a small fry.

Comment

• Have just been offered 2.35% on a 1 year fixed term for 376k, Is this good/bad?
              "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
                Have just been offered 2.35% on a 1 year fixed term for 376k, Is this good/bad?
                What bank? I just got offered 2.39% 1yr with ANZ, $470k worth of loans

Comment

• Originally posted by deechnz View Post

What bank? I just got offered 2.39% 1yr with ANZ, $470k worth of loans
                  SBS bank, pretty good so I see.

Comment

• i'm looking long... 5 - 7 yr terms. While there might be some downside opportunity the upside risk is far greater.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                      i'm looking long... 5 - 7 yr terms. While there might be some downside opportunity the upside risk is far greater.
                      I don’t see interest rates climbing anytime soon.

Comment

• Although I don’t have a crystal ball either!

Comment

• Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                          i'm looking long... 5 - 7 yr terms. While there might be some downside opportunity the upside risk is far greater.
                          I agree my fixed term loans come off JULY21 ... you can currently get 2.99% for 5yrs ... maybe 2.79% 5yr etc mid next year will be well worth taking up .... 2.99% for 7yrs would be brilliant as inflation is coming as sure as day come after night

Comment

• Originally posted by JBM View Post

I agree my fixed term loans come off JULY21 ... you can currently get 2.99% for 5yrs ... maybe 2.79% 5yr etc mid next year will be well worth taking up .... 2.99% for 7yrs would be brilliant as inflation is coming as sure as day come after night
                            Seven years is long time when most seasoned investors would probably be debt free in under that period.
                            The rocketing rents and low interest rates have enabled most investors to repay all their debt :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Beano View Post

Seven years is long time when most seasoned investors would probably be debt free in under that period.
                              The rocketing rents and low interest rates have enabled most investors to repay all their debt :-)
                              Doing well if thats the case ... I guess if your making payments from other incomes sources then yes one could pay of loans in a few years rather than 10-30yrs etc ...my commercial property is setup to pay its self off along with paying all its taxes,costs etc ... 10.5% net yield .. I'm working on having it paid off within next 10-12yrs depending on rates I secure ...

I have company loan's I only pay I.O on I have no interest to pay off at this stage as the funds are used to trade with and If I can't make money off 2.79% pa etc then I shouldn't be trading the market .. some weeks I make enough to pay the entire years interest bill ..

Comment

• Originally posted by JBM View Post

Doing well if thats the case ... I guess if your making payments from other incomes sources then yes one could pay of loans in a few years rather than 10-30yrs etc ...my commercial property is setup to pay its self off along with paying all its taxes,costs etc ... 10.5% net yield .. I'm working on having it paid off within next 10-12yrs depending on rates I secure ...

I have company loan's I only pay I.O on I have no interest to pay off at this stage as the funds are used to trade with and If I can't make money off 2.79% pa etc then I shouldn't be trading the market .. some weeks I make enough to pay the entire years interest bill ..
                                Whereabouts is your commercial JBW?

Comment

Working...
                                X