Clear All

• i've been

imbibing

vapour trails
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
      Unbelievable! There is a song called "Blinded by the light", [Manfred Mann]that fits your almost religius fervour above, i can only say if you really think National have done well , revisit the facts :
      When Key came into office as PM and took over thereins from Uncle Helen the debt was only 10 Billion..It is now a 60 Billion dollar bill ,.And yes i know about the earthquakes, but get real, Key is driving the country into doomsville.

And NO i am not a labour supporter..Will be voting Conservatives all the way..much needed blood transfusion for the Beehive
      Yep its unbelievable how people fail to see the facts in front of their face when they dont want tol.

You do know the world went through the GFC in recent times, worst for about 75 years, do you think the numbnuts at Labour could have steered us through that.
      We would be broken like one of the PIGS and debt would be 600 Billion.

Considering Labour managed to rack up 10 Billion when it was the best of times.

Still I dont mind them back in again.
      At least they let inflation and interest rates and house prices out of the bag and house prices will rise beyong belief.
      And CGT will stop investors selling houses and restrict supply and push prices up even more.

And we get rid of key who has done more in his time, AGAINST property investors than labour have done in the past 200 years.

Ahhhhh................ why I am I voting Key again ???

Well probably because I kind of like NZ and dont really want to see it go to rack and ruin.

Comment

..... the facts : When Key came into office as PM and took over thereins from Uncle Helen the debt was only 10 Billion..It is now a 60 Billion dollar bill ,.And yes i know about the earthquakes, but get real, Key is driving the country into doomsville.....
        So what services should have been chopped, and what would have been the effects of those cuts? Health, education, welfare, social housing, input to the Christchurch rebuild, tax administration and collection, conservation, births/deaths/marriages administration? Something would have had to give - we're talking billions here not chump change. Most cuts would have adverse consequences.

If you think there were, or are, services that the country either doesn't need or could be chopped without adverse consequences, then let the Taxpayers Union know.

Comment

• Originally posted by artemis View Post
          So what services should have been chopped, and what would have been the effects of those cuts? Health, education, welfare, social housing, input to the Christchurch rebuild, tax administration and collection, conservation, births/deaths/marriages administration? Something would have had to give - we're talking billions here not chump change. Most cuts would have adverse consequences.

If you think there were, or are, services that the country either doesn't need or could be chopped without adverse consequences, then let the Taxpayers Union know.
          Free Student Loans
          Working for Families

Anything that collects tax's in one hand and hands back as bribes to other tax payers with the other.
          And the costly admin that goes with that.
          Just get it right first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
            Yep its unbelievable how people fail to see the facts in front of their face when they dont want tol.

You do know the world went through the GFC in recent times, worst for about 75 years, do you think the numbnuts at Labour could have steered us through that.
            We would be broken like one of the PIGS and debt would be 600 Billion.

Considering Labour managed to rack up 10 Billion when it was the best of times.

Still I dont mind them back in again.
            At least they let inflation and interest rates and house prices out of the bag and house prices will rise beyong belief.
            And CGT will stop investors selling houses and restrict supply and push prices up even more.

And we get rid of key who has done more in his time, AGAINST property investors than labour have done in the past 200 years.

Ahhhhh................ why I am I voting Key again ???

Well probably because I kind of like NZ and dont really want to see it go to rack and ruin.
            The GFC did not have a big impact on NZ . So that is not true as a reason why our debt increased 6 fold since Key took office.

Comment

• Originally posted by artemis View Post

Guess you would need to ask John Key that same question . How on earth has he ranked our debt to 60 billion? 6 times more than when he took office. Then he has the audacity to tell everyone the economy is doing well. People need to start asking the hard questions & see through his obfuscation.I blame the media to a large extent, they are quite ignorant & uninterested in the overall perspective and instead relish in sensationalism. We are talking billions ;not a $75 bottle of plonk used for celebration in the SFO enquiry into Rod Petricevic financial fraud:http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10756363

Comment

Guess you would need to ask John Key that same question .........................
                Well his, and the government's, views are pretty obvious are they not? Since the government chose to borrow rather than cut services wholesale. So what would you suggest? What services should have been cut is the true hard question and I'm not seeing any answers .....

Comment

• Personally I prefer National. Their focus is on business and growing the economy rather than the more popular 'handouts'.

Go National, Go John Key.

cheers,

Donna
                  Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• These I found these interesting from he Greens:

Low-decile schools to get free after-school care and holiday programmes, free lunches, and school nurses. Why stop there why not just keep the kids till they are 18 then just give them the benefit?

Extend $60-a-week in-work tax credit to cover beneficiaries’ children too ..umm missing the point?

Restore 'house for life' for state house tenants.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11318886
                    Last edited by Maccachic; 12-09-2014, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Keep Digging

Originally posted by artemis View Post
                      What services should have been cut is the true hard question and I'm not seeing any answers .....
                      How about cutting the number of MPs?
                      OK - not a service but a huge cost.

Anything that vaguely resembles a plastic
                      waka, as a generalised comparison.

How much of what's borrowed goes on
                      foreign aid? Christchurch seems more of
                      a good charity case.

Kicking all the bogus ToW claims out, plus
                      re-claiming some of the obscene payments
                      already made would save many millions.

What contributory function does the Local
                      Government Commission fulfill?

I don't doubt that there are many more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maccachic View Post
                        The Greens:

Low-decile schools to get free you name it!
                        One giant step for us kind would be to make it a crime
                        for politicians to use the word free, when what's meant
                        is taxpayer-funded.

Free would only be allowed when the woodenhead who
                        is speaking is the one actually paying for it.

Comment

• like 'free'

only being true if you look short sightedly look at the here and now

i'd like a ban on the word 'fair'
                          have you defeated them?
                          your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by eri View Post
                            i'd like a ban on the word 'fair'
                            Yeah; and a good ol' fashioned book burning of all the books using that horrible word I say.

Comment

• Originally posted by eri View Post
                              l'd like a ban on the word 'fair'
                              Agreed: highly subjective when not qualified by to whom or
                              what it would be 'fair.' Another good one for the dustbin.

Comment

• Originally posted by donna View Post
                                Personally I prefer National. Their focus is on business and growing the economy rather than the more popular 'handouts'.
                                Which policies do they have that are doing that?
                                They seem to be giving a few handouts and a wee potential tax cut bride in a couple of years if we are all good boys and girls.
                                If Labour did that you would jump on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X