No announcement yet.

Who will be the next Labour leader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like the punters are waking up to the fact that "tax the rich" means hammer the working middle class.
    Tax our houses? "Sod off" is the reply.

Labour need policies to help workers not just the same old tax us to death baloney.
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

• Why David Cunliffe is not a good Labour leader

David, you remember to wear a red coat with Labour logo on it, yet your wife wears a dark blue dress...

This is not a personal attack just a joke, but that's the first thing that came to my head when I saw David & his wife handing out sausages to journalists outside his home.

Why was your wife wearing blue???

Comment

• I watched the 7 Days Election Special and I remember thinking the same thing why don't they wear their colours so we know who they are? Found it funny Hone asking for cash for the foreshore (think it was a bit early for that one)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maccachic View Post
          I watched the 7 Days Election Special and I remember thinking the same thing why don't they wear their colours so we know who they are? Found it funny Hone asking for cash for the foreshore (think it was a bit early for that one)
          Well looks like Mrs Cunliffe did put on a gorgeous red dress for the election night party.

Hone got himself into trouble the day he got in bed with Kim Dotcom and the Internet party.

Although he was probably lured by the large campaign donation from KDC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
            Well looks like Mrs Cunliffe did put on a gorgeous red dress for the election night party.

Hone got himself into trouble the day he got in bed with Kim Dotcom and the Internet party.

Although he was probably lured by the large campaign donation from KDC.

Koha overcomes most issues tho doesn't it? Looking at building a house and may have to figure in Koha for archaeological issues.

Comment

• May be reading too much into it, but Mrs Cunliffe did not look too happy. Big smiles and waves but the eyes were not following through. Apart from the election result, and the stres of the campaign she will no doubt be dealing with the rumours swirling about her husband.

Comment

• Originally posted by artemis View Post
                May be reading too much into it, but Mrs Cunliffe did not look too happy. Big smiles and waves but the eyes were not following through. Apart from the election result, and the stres of the campaign she will no doubt be dealing with the rumours swirling about her husband.
                Well if David is demoted from being leader of a party, he will get a sizeable pay reduction, even more so if he's demoted to the backbench.

So if Mrs Cunliffe is in charge of the household and household finances, she certainly won't be happy!

Comment

• A big problem for them is how do you create unrest with a robust economy and not much real dirt to play with. Even if David has more Charisma, which is his biggest issue, he still heads a party with little to contribute to improve things and almost all of their potential partners are slightly looney. He was on a hiding to nothing regardless of how good or bad he was. Kiwis wont take a punt when the current dead cert is doing fine thanks. Why would we?

Comment

• Yeah exactly, it's hard to knock National out of their saddle at the moment.

I remembered the final two years of Helen Clark's third term in power, basically it was going downhill:
                    1) GFC and downfall of the economy
                    2) Anti-smacking bill fiasco
                    3) can't remember now, but lots of things that added up the negative sentiment

So until National shows its cracks, it's hard to knock them out in the next election.

Comment

• Ok, so he's not charismatic but his biggest problem is that he talks in left-wing cliches and poli-jargon that alienates many of the people listening to him. You might not agree with what John Key has to say but he talks in simple terms without the waffle and doesn't come across as if he's constantly pushing a political agenda like Cunliffe does.
                      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

• I find David Cunliffe arrogant - and John Key not. JK works hard not to be arrogant - pretty much saying so too. Whereas David seems to work on his arrogance probably misinterpreting it as just confidence. It is all in the communication....labour and the greens are pretty much doomed till they both sort out their leaders....a 3 way coalition is too messy too - nothing would get done. More was expected from the Greens they had a good opportunity to lift their game but went instead went backwards....whereas NZF improved. You can see why National want them onside.

cheers,

Donna
                        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• I don't watch tv much at all so I don't know what David Cunliffe sounds like, but yeah I agree that David is not the leader that can win an election.

Not even a National lead by Steven Joyce can lose vs Labour right now.

I don't think National would want NZF involved though, they will just stick with Act/United future/Mana

Comment

• most leaders of the left

suffer from a messiah complex

which means they preach

instead of listening

A messiah complex (also known as the Christ complex or savior complex) is a state of mind in which an individual holds a belief that they are, or are destined to become, a savior. ... the disorder closely resemble those found in individuals suffering from grandiose delusions (GD) or delusions of grandeur. ...... Little is known about the disorder, but it is believed that as many as 10% of the population may hold similar beliefs in one form or another, though not significant enough to warrant a diagnosis

You get up every morning

Take the 8:15 into the city
                            There's a whistle up above
                            And people pushin', people shovin'
                            And the girls who try to look pretty
                            And if your train's on time
                            You can get to work by nine
                            And start your slaving job to get your pay
                            If you ever get annoyed
                            Look at me I'm self-employed
                            I love to work at nothing all day
                            And I'll be

Taking care of business (every day)
                            Taking care of business (every way)
                            I've been taking care of business (it's all mine)
                            Taking care of business and working overtime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhnSiRYPqpw
                            have you defeated them?
                            your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
                              I don't watch tv much at all so I don't know what David Cunliffe sounds like, but yeah I agree that David is not the leader that can win an election.

Not even a National lead by Steven Joyce can lose vs Labour right now.

I don't think National would want NZF involved though, they will just stick with Act/United future/Mana
                              You started a thread saying "Why Cunliffe is not a good leader "then admit you've never heard him speak? Where have you been hiding this election? So you didn't tune in to radio or TV at all for the last 6 months at a minimum? Didn't tune in for Cunliffes diatribe on Capital Gains Tax??
                              Last edited by mrsaneperson; 22-09-2014, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• granny herald

joins the

abc

anybody but cunliffe

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11329493
                                have you defeated them?
                                your demons

Comment

Working...
                                X