Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by donna View Post
    Like it!

Okay so we're in a recession for 18 months and we are dumped in it earlier than expected do we think this will be it or will it spill over into a war! Maybe Russia sees weakness and makes a play for the Baltics or China wishes to release a bit of havoc in the South China sea.

cheers,

Donna
    I always believed America wanted a war with North Korea, as war is always good for the US economy but that fizzled out..and War against China is as good as a war against Russia which is a war neither side wins..thats why my theory has been this virus is man made..less lives will be lost and just as much spending, as what a war will cost...unfortunately if people don't get spending around the world it can lead to war ...but I don't really study that side of the economy .

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
      If you wish to ban me that is your prerogative.
      What prompted that comment?

Have I missed something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
        What prompted that comment?

Have I missed something?
        Someone banned me yesterday?

Comment

But I don't really study that side of the economy .

I wonder if herd immunity applies in the case of herd stupidity?

Comment

I always believed America wanted....but I don't really study that side of the economy .

Humanity aside.

The main characteristic of this C19 event can be seen in terms of networks.
            You know, little spheres floating in space, connected by lines.

What we are seeing is the lines being cut, to protect the spheres.
            The physical (people and goods) network breaking down.

Now imagine the other network, the electronic banking computer network, and all the related services.
            What do you suppose a fast evolving Ai type virus would do to that.

Pretty much the same I think.
            But that's for next time.

Comment

• This is my biggest fear more government control over us...

Kiwibank economists, who also see recession as "inevitable", expect to see some Large Scale Asset Purchases in New Zealand.

"The NZ Government has one of the strongest balance sheets in the world. Ironically, there isn’t enough bonds for the RBNZ to buy. But there could be, if the Government chooses to backstop struggling Kiwi business.

Comment

Wealth in poverty during NZ great recession
                "Despite widespread hardship, a small portion of the population remained wealthy – and some even benefited from reduced prices. They still bought luxury goods and continued their high-society traditions.
                Some of the better-off tried to help the poor. They collected money, food, and clothes, organised fundraising events, and offered odd jobs."

For the record I'm a capitalist..but I always believe in living to your highest values...Jeffa.
                Interesting Auckland auction results on Saturday after our share market crashed..and before the ocr was cut Monday ..word from oz are the same results in Sydney.

Comment

Interesting Auckland auction results on Saturday after our share market crashed..and before the ocr was cut Monday ..word from oz are the same results in Sydney.

https://www.interest.co.nz/property/...uction-results
                  I was surprised they went three quarters of a percent.
                  I thought they would hang on to their leg room.

I wish people could see the big patterns.
                  And the interplay between physical space and biology and commerce and human habit.

You could look at historical bio events to get an idea.

Try this first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    What prompted that comment? Have I missed something?
                    Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
                    Someone banned me yesterday?
                    Why the question mark? Banned one day and back the next? I cannot think how it would ever work like that, here.

Individuals can place you on their private "ignore posts from this forum member" list, but that is not a ban.

Perry

Comment

Does anyone believe when our official cash rates goes to 0.25 by the end of the year or earlier house prices will remain the same?..inflation time!
                      Perry Im not saying it's you or any other moderator here all I was saying I couldn't sign on..maybe a glitch on my side or someone who doesn't like what Im predicting and with the ability to shut me down...Im not a fan of too much government control over us...

Comment

Perry Im not saying it's you or any other moderator here all I was saying I couldn't sign on..maybe a glitch on my side or someone who doesn't like what Im predicting and with the ability to shut me down...Im not a fan of too much government control over us...
                        You can relax.

You've been screened.

You're not a threat.

And remember, Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

But in this case, they're not out to get you.

Ha.

Comment

• Originally posted by McDuck View Post
                          You can relax.

You've been screened.

You're not a threat.

And remember, Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

But in this case, they're not out to get you.

Ha.
                          Oh trust me I'm not paranoid...Im prepared $.

Comment

• Probably a glitch

re "I am prepared" which means you saw this COVID coming or the money that is been thrown at a problem.
                            Go on then , tell us what (Asset class ), where (location) and when are you going to pull the trigger , timelines please.

Comment

• Australia going into lockdown

Comment

• I predict if you have 1m in debt..and interest rates come down 1%,you will be 10k better of,
                                If you have 1m in debt and rates fall 2% you will be 20k better off ,if you have 1m in debt and rates fall 3% you will be 30k better off...I can guarantee 1 thing in life..we will all die at some stage...its what you do with your time and I mean the next 6,12 months that will make or break you...I know kids today don't say it but I do..HARDEN UP.

Comment

Working...
                                X