Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KiwiBuild - Labour's latest spectacularly stupid idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently no applicants for the first 10 Kiwibuild places ballot in Te Kauwhata. A further 165 under contract. Developer is happy.

Sounds like a social housing development on the horizon.

Comment

• Originally posted by artemis View Post
      Apparently no applicants for the first 10 Kiwibuild places ballot in Te Kauwhata. A further 165 under contract. Developer is happy.

Sounds like a social housing development on the horizon.
      We don't need them in places like Te Kauwhata, we need them inAuckland.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• But the reasons why there is a shortage in Auckland still apply, kiwibuild or no kiwibuild.
        There is no magic wand.

Comment

• David, will you stopping letting practicality get in the way of delivering on political promises.
          It make the W'gton woodenheads look bad, so stop it, I say!

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
            David, will you stopping letting practicality get in the way of delivering on political promises.
            It make the W'gton woodenheads look bad, so stop it, I say!
            Do you suppose there is an error in the way all politicians think about stuff?
            They think in portfolios?
            It's as if a house was a separate thing from the rest of the world.

Maybe their brains aren't good enough to see how a house is interconnected with the daily needs and future hopes of people and their families.

And how history and practical geography and resources play a part.

Maybe if you created a whole lifestyle, complete with a tap into some sort of long term income stream, and some sort of vision for the future, then you would have a better uptake.

(I think that if you can get people to put small burning tubes of plant into their mouths by showing a cowboy doing it on billboards and in movies, you can get people to accept almost anything).

Comment

• Big Kiwibuild success this week. The official number of buyers has increased.

From 39 to 40.

Comment

• I'm not sure whether to hope Twyford gets fired or not as he is botching Labors chances of a repeat term nicely.
                Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                  I'm not sure whether to hope Twyford gets fired or not as he is botching Labors chances of a repeat term nicely.

He evolved from Twitford to Uncle Phil in my posts based on being the biggest line item in my cash flow statement this FY. He’s getting a Christmas Card from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                    He evolved from Twitford to Uncle Phil in my posts based on being the biggest line item in my cash flow statement this FY. He’s getting a Christmas Card from me.
                    Like like like.
                    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                      I'm not sure whether to hope Twyford gets fired or not as he is botching Labors chances of a repeat term nicely.
                      I find it galling tho how he is setting up this agency that will be able to sidestep planning laws.

The rest of us have to go through the bloody councils, why not them aye? Take too long? Cost too much? No shit Sherlock. Developers been telling them this for 20 years.

National were no better though. Heads firmly in the sand.
                      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Super Duper Dhil For The Rescue

Resignation another step to KiwiBuild failure
                        19 Jan 2019
                        Originally posted by Stuff
                        OPINION: Stephen Barclay's departure as head of the KiwiBuild unit makes it even less likely that the scheme will be able to progress at the rate hoped for by the government. Barclay was appointed in May last year, when KiwiBuild was a largely autonomous unit within the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. But the unit's transfer to the new Ministry of Housing and Urban Development has led to an employment dispute and, ultimately, his departure.

I heard both Phil Twyford and Barclay speak at a conference in June last year. At that stage, Barclay had been in the role about a month, and I was disappointed that his presentation mostly consisted of parroting the Labour Party's policy platform for KiwiBuild. To me, there was little indication that he really comprehended many of the obvious flaws in the programme and potential obstacles to its success.

Comment

• Uncle Phil has just admitted Kiwibuik won’t hit the first year target.

Anyone else just realize?

Comment

• Any mention of the second year?

Just another gummint deficit, I suppose.

Comment

• he refuses to talk about year 2 targets

too busy missing the year 1 targets
                              have you defeated them?
                              your demons

Comment

• 300 houses that others have built. Gosh, soooo impressive.
                                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                                X