Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
    It’s the middle to poor with no assets who gets hit hard when the printing press gets rolling. What I’m saying is the dominos are already falling, if they wait another 6months to drop rates, it could be too late for most. Maybe that’s exactly what the RBNZ want!
    Thats exactly it, things will be drastic when they do pivot and it will be way too late for the majority

Comment

• Originally posted by chook View Post

Thats exactly it, things will be drastic when they do pivot and it will be way too late for the majority
      That statement is really quite sad. After covid the landscape really changed. Will prices ever go back to pre covid. I doubt it. So what is your option to overcome this cycle. You have more outgoings and less discretionary spend.
      "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

That statement is really quite sad. After covid the landscape really changed. Will prices ever go back to pre covid. I doubt it. So what is your option to overcome this cycle. You have more outgoings and less discretionary spend.
        Come to think of it, this country is really in the crapper. Higher costs everywhere.

Comment

• Meanwhile Jabcinta is getting married in hawks bay. Good for her. What a total sham that is.

Comment

• "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Its a recession FH, chop wood and sell it, grow a vege garden etc etc , anything to survive and extra cash...time to tighten the belt but many young ones have no idea what this means

Comment

Its a recession FH, chop wood and sell it, grow a vege garden etc etc , anything to survive and extra cash...time to tighten the belt but many young ones have no idea what this means
                A matter of having to.

Comment

I agree, I no longer pay for a gardener and have decided to mow the lawns myself !

..ok maybe not that bad.

Comment

Meanwhile Jabcinta is getting married in hawks bay. Good for her. What a total sham that is.
                    What's your source?

Last time that rumour circulated, turned out to be yet another load of social media BS.

Besides, being as bent as she is, even superman couldn't make an honest woman of her.

Comment

So what is your option to overcome this cycle. You have more outgoings and less discretionary spend.
                      From observations around Hastings mostly, no sign of cafes closing, or macmalnutrition or krummy fried krap. So little sign of a reduction in discretionary spending that I can see.

How the whole house-of-cards holds up - I have no idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                        From observations around Hastings mostly, no sign of cafes closing, or macmalnutrition or krummy fried krap. So little sign of a reduction in discretionary spending that I can see.

How the whole house-of-cards holds up - I have no idea.
                        Thats hastings, auckland is a different kettle oh fish, higher mortgages, less dollars for smashed avocado. And us jaffas love the old smashed avo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post

I agree, I no longer pay for a gardener and have decided to mow the lawns myself !

..ok maybe not that bad.
                          I have told the pool maintenance guy to only come fortnightly now to vacume the pool and the car cleaner people for the Merc the same,....lifes tough..

Comment

I have told the pool maintenance guy to only come fortnightly now to vacume the pool and the car cleaner people for the Merc the same,....lifes tough..
                            Lazy sodds

Comment

• Originally posted by donna View Post

not according to Chook in the financial Armageddon discussion- who says - there will be rate hikes to deal with inflation.

Some say up, some say down!

regards,

Donna
                              Stop Press:.....

Us inflation figures came in ...HIGHER than expected oh bugger.. so no rates cuts just yet folks by the looks

And on the local front ASB bank says inflation still high and no rates cuts on the horizon..

Maybe a possible rate hike? who knows..

Comment

• Wishful thinking the banks will have a race to the bottom while OCR holds firm.

I hope it happens and it won’t come soon enough for many borrowers.
                                There could be some big drops coming - and sooner than many might expect, experts say.
                                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
                                X