Header Ad Module

Collapse

PropertyTalk's been upgraded!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AMR
    Addicted
    • Dec 2007
    • 886

    #31
    Hi Donna, I can't seem to make any new threads. All I get is a blank page with nowhere for me to type my post.

    Comment

    • sarahk
      Addicted
      • Jun 2005
      • 679

      #32
      Hi AMR: Do you get that in all the forum categories? or just some?

      Just tested with my "sockpuppet" and she had no problems... very odd.
      Last edited by sarahk; 23-05-2011, 05:19 PM.
      █ Charging enough rent?
      █ NZ Scams to Avoid
      █ Add a sleepout to your rental property

      Comment

      • Jumpin
        Fanatical
        • Jun 2006
        • 1293

        #33
        AMR: Scroll about 2 miles to the right and you will find the Reply to thread box. The new software doesnt allow you to use it very well if you are logged in and not using a widescreen monitor.

        Comment

        • Perry
          Geriatric
          • Sep 2004
          • 16861

          #34
          That doesn't seem to be the problem, Jumpin.
          AMR seems to be having trouble with what
          happens after pressing this button:


          But wide screen monitors do produce their
          own set of challenges!

          Comment

          • donna
            Administrator
            • Aug 2003
            • 10072

            #35
            I'm guessing you need to upgrade your browser AMR - try firefox browser I think that forces the upgrades so you have the latest version.

            cheers,

            Donna
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


            BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

            Comment

            • Jumpin
              Fanatical
              • Jun 2006
              • 1293

              #36
              Originally posted by Perry View Post
              That doesn't seem to be the problem, Jumpin.
              AMR seems to be having trouble with what
              happens after pressing this button:


              But wide screen monitors do produce their
              own set of challenges!
              Which is exactly the same as happens when you press <<Reply to Thread>>
              The box you need to type into is about 2 miles to the right.

              Some of us don't upgrade software or hardware every year. As Propertytalk is an interest group and non-profit organisation, I don't expect them to have the resources to stay compatible with all of their users. However if this was a commercial organisation, I would no longer be a client.

              Comment

              • cube
                Thinking outside the square.
                • Jun 2005
                • 5076

                #37
                Which browser, Jumpin?

                On my 1920x1080 monitor, I get a full width box to type in on Reply To Thread and a centralised box for Post New Thread, no scrolling required.

                FF 4.0.1, Chrome 11.0.696.68 and IE 8.
                DFTBA

                Comment

                • Jumpin
                  Fanatical
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 1293

                  #38
                  OK so the problem I have is on my work computer, running IE7. Company policy is to run older software I'm afraid, however, it generally has no problems. Screen is more square than yours: 375 x 300 mm.
                  My home computer probably runs IE 8 with a wider screen and seems to work OK.

                  Comment

                  • spaceman
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 2817

                    #39
                    Is anybody else having problems when replying to threads? .... using Firefox I seem to be getting error messages all of the time.

                    Cheers
                    Spaceman

                    edit .... this is what appeared when I posted this message.

                    Errors

                    The following errors occurred with your submission

                    1. Database Error

                    Comment

                    • cube
                      Thinking outside the square.
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 5076

                      #40
                      Yes - have reported to the powers that be.
                      DFTBA

                      Comment

                      • SuperDad
                        Hamilton Event Organiser
                        • Apr 2006
                        • 4015

                        #41
                        Originally posted by spaceman View Post
                        Is anybody else having problems when replying to threads? .... using Firefox I seem to be getting error messages all of the time.

                        Cheers
                        Spaceman

                        edit .... this is what appeared when I posted this message.

                        Errors

                        The following errors occurred with your submission

                        1. Database Error
                        Yep, I'm getting that.

                        Comment

                        • donna
                          Administrator
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 10072

                          #42
                          Apologies everyone - it's very frustrating for all of us - however we will get it sorted it's a case of eliminating what it could be until we find the issue causing the grief.

                          Cheers,

                          Donna
                          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


                          BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

                          Comment

                          • One
                            Fanatical
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 1255

                            #43
                            I use Firefox too and don't see errors when I try to post, the tab just hangs until I close it. But it does actually make the posting. Firefox 3.6.17. Same problem on WinXP and Linux, in case that helps. If you want more system info or any debug output, drop me a PM.

                            Edited to add: that post worked properly. Yesterday's didn't!

                            Comment

                            • Craigrich
                              Freshie
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 10

                              #44
                              Log In

                              Hi,
                              I'm finding it difficult to follow new postings. The 'old' system of displaying new posts was user friendly. The new system allows the latest posts to be seen. Does this make sense?
                              Craig

                              Comment

                              • BusyLizzy
                                ***** Junkie
                                • Apr 2005
                                • 2311

                                #45
                                Craig, there is a 'button' right up at the top of the page that says 'New Posts' - much higher up than where it used to be. I think that's what you're looking for. (It's next the PropertyTalk logo, in the dark blue band section)
                                Lisa

                                Comment

                                Working...