Politics, Intrigue, Referenda & Economics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
    Especially the power companies; whose ability to make profits and pay very healthy dividends to shareholders seems to be a good bet for the next few years.
    Pity we all have to pay so much for power

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      Pity we all have to pay so much for power
      Which therefore makes them attractive to investors; just like rents going up.
      At least some of the profits go directly to investors and not all to the State's coffers anymore.
      Last edited by speights boy; 22-09-2014, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
        Which therefore makes them attractive to investors; just like rents going up.
        yip - and the consumer pays over the odds for power

Comment

10-16k for a solar system that can replace up to 70% of energy requirements - may mean line rental goes up like RUC to cover more efficient cars. Then off grid systems could become attractive (was thold about 3x the costs of on grid system, however battery technology is improving).

Comment

Just as well all NZ houses are well maintained to be warm and dry then.

Comment

"You'd listen to Laila Harre and you could tell she knew nothing about us.

Our old people went and fought world wars and here we are about to put this German fella into Parliament and he is already suspect

- a lot of people saw that straight away."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11330937
              have you defeated them?
              your demons

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
                Am very happy Joe Public saw sense over Craig and his bunch of weirdos. Also rather pleased about Kelvin's Northland result, and the impact that had on Hone and Dotcom's even weirder ensemble cast of tens.

Not too happy National got the majority without technically needing help (aka sanity checking from other parties). Winston would have played an ok role there.
                Give it up Leftie, time you stopped being so bloody rude. Just because he doesn't spout your leftist views. 86,000 people agree with the policies and there would have been far more that would have voted Conservatives if they weren't so scared of the left getting a bigger chunk. My husband for one faltered at the polling booth and gave his tick to National instead of to the Conservatives where he really wanted it to go.
                Colin got a lot of credibility over the last 4 weeks of campaigning and they will be in Parliament come 2017.
                I'm rapt that National ended up getting the majority, I hope JK grows a backbone and really puts the cat amongst the pigeons with some right winged policies.

Comment

Originally posted by Meehole View Post
                  I hope JK grows a backbone and really puts the cat amongst the pigeons with some right winged policies.
                  I agree that JK needs to grow a backbone - and a pair!
                  Stop the 'smile and wave' and really get the country moving.
                  What sort of right wing policies are you looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Meehole View Post
                    I hope JK grows a backbone and really puts the cat amongst the pigeons with some right winged policies.
                    That's not what John Key is. He's a slightly right of center guy. That is why the left hate him so much.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                      That's not what John Key is. He's a slightly right of center guy. That is why the left hate him so much.
                      Agreed.
                      Attracting previous Labour / Greens voters will do far more in securing a 2017 term.

Child poverty on Key agenda

Comment

Key is rushing ahead with a referendum on the flag despite the fact a herald digipol early in the year indicated 53% against & only 40% for changing the flag.
                        So he is breaking his promises already by wasting money on a needless referendum instead of attending to the gross debt situation.
                        Last edited by mrsaneperson; 25-09-2014, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Key is not "slightly right of centre". That is rubbish you have been blinded & sucked in by the "cult of personality". He has continued the separatism agenda with much more acceleration than Clark ever did. He has chalked up 6x more debt since taking the reins from Labour. Unemployment levels are getting worse because he has no vision on how to create jobs.He dosen't give a rats about democracy, the last 2 referendums are evidence of that. Watch the next 3 years & see how much down the gurgler life will become than it already is.

If you are still immune & comfortably numb to it all, take a look at how our [everyones] govt debt is going up every second:

Find out who owns various types of New Zealand's national debt, who manages the country's debt, and why the country's debt-GDP ratio is so low.

The only reason Key won the election was people chose the lesser of 2 evils.
                          Last edited by donna; 26-09-2014, 12:38 PM. Reason: offensive reference removed

Comment

That'd be thin ice you're skating on, Mrs Ane, implying that the landslide win by National owing to the majority of voters is somehow wrong. The majority have spoken. You are outnumbered. Live with it.

It's just mental to suggest he doesn't give a rats about democracy. Hello!!?? He's holding a REFERENDUM on the flag. If he wasn't interested, he would just change it by decree. Isn't that what you Colin Craig-supporting losers wanted?? Referenda?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
                              That'd be thin ice you're skating on, Mrs Ane, implying that the landslide win by National owing to the majority of voters is somehow wrong. The majority have spoken. You are outnumbered. Live with it.

It's just mental to suggest he doesn't give a rats about democracy. Hello!!?? He's holding a REFERENDUM on the flag. If he wasn't interested, he would just change it by decree. Isn't that what you Colin Craig-supporting losers wanted?? Referenda?
                              Typical that you are blindsided. Referendum on the flag is fine with me,i am ambivalent about the flag, but if herald digipol results indicate that a majority don't want to change the flag why waste millions of dollars on a referendum that is most likely going to have the same result. Or are you just one of those folks that loves to waste precious tax payer money!
                              The majority have spoken i.e "caught between a rock & a hard stone". The lesser of 2 evils won the election.Hobson's choice.Period.
                              Do not pretend it is anything else!

Comment

Colin Craig would have had a referendum. I'm pretty sure his policy wasn't "let's consult the Herald Digipol first as that always outweighs a referendum".

If it were the lesser of 2 evils, I think you would have found the majority voting for Craig or Winston. You sound chock full of sour grapes to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X