No announcement yet.

Politics, Intrigue, Referenda & Economics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those that used to buy in the market place when they retired here no longer do. They buy into the villages.
    So in Tauranga that means that the house market has changed and the number coming to buy in the market place has gone down, i.e. the house market has lost a % of its buyers.
    The turnover rate of units is a closely held figure. Despite going into the villages and knowing many of the people running somwe of them no one will comment on the turnover rate. You can guess a bit when you look at say Ryman where one has to be 70 to go in there. Others start at 55 and they have a lot more long term residents. Some I know are 16 years.
    Its been hinted to me that Rymans will be around 10% within a year two so all those units are returned to the market. When you build them 500 at a time, which is what's happening, then you are creating a lot of residences. Residences that are not accounted for in any way by Real Estate stats once the consent has been issued.
    So if you want a projection for Auckland where Ryman, Summerset and Metlife are building these villages as fast as they can buy the land then Auckland won't need all the houses that Smith and Brown are using tax and rate payers money to build.
    Same in other places like Tauranga, Hamilton Wellington etc and until the population moves and adjusts than there will be a depressing effect on markets. (supply and demand). That will be offset probably for while with immigrants coming to NZ from area's of the world that have become more unsafe and where jobs are going such as in Aussie.
    Will there be opportunities, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
      So if you want a projection for Auckland where Ryman, Summerset and Metlife are building these villages as fast as they can buy the land then Auckland won't need all the houses that Smith and Brown are using tax and rate payers money to build.
      Auckland with an excess of supply......that would be a turnaround !
      It would also be welcomed by many buyers.
      Caused, you say, in large part by retirement villages building something like 225 units at a time ?
      I don't think I'll hold my breath while that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
        Oh dear, Have you ever tried to move one of those into a developers subdivision. A subdivision with lots of covenants to protect the future value of peoples houses.
        No, thought not.
        Its not that people won't have them but that the developers just don't want them nor second hand houses on their new subdivisions.
        So the only place you can out them is on an older subdivded section where you own the rights. Done that.
        Most of the sections in WB that are low value need another $50-100 gran spent on earthworks or foundations etc. It is a hilly place as Im sure you are aware so that makes the house expensive once more.

Yes you are right there are strict Convenants http://www.hughgreengroup.co.nz/site...0Covenants.pdf- this is an easy fix for Councils to create the possibility of cheaper homes - do not consent subdivisions with building covenants - Council approves building consents anyway so they will have final say in the case of no covenant's.

Comment

Feminine logic Davo you should know better than to try and argue with it.
          Touche. I won't bother arguing with you any more, or looking for sense in what you are saying.
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Ouch... this video is painful to watch!

Colin Craig was confronted by media outside an Auckland radio station this morning after news broke of his press secretary resigning.
            You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/election-2...lery_id=145522
              Rubbish! Its just in-house politics,no more no less, you dont like the guy so look for the slightest ripple you can find. The media asked the same questions right through the video, talk about give a dog a bone. Craig tells it straight, that his press secretary has been under a lot of pressure . More pressure to because she was once with TVNZ and by her own admission lost a lot of her facebook TVNZ mates when she became Craigs secretary.If you want to know about manipulative ,look at the media in this country they have hounded Craig since he took positions on gay marriage & the anti-smacking bill. Wake up mate !

Comment

So what happened to innocent until proven guilty?
                Try practicing what you preach.

The reference to innocent until proven guilty was in regard to what Crim da Con said about John Key. However as it seems to be a free for all and that logic is not applied by the John Key haters then I will apply it to Crim da Con regarding how I see it. Can't beat it so may as well join them

If you don't like what he has to say don't listen - ignore it. Works for me.

Then ignore me, don't need to respond.

Feminine logic = oxymoron!

Butthead is also another oxymoron!
                Last edited by Meehole; 18-09-2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Palmhead works

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/election-2...lery_id=145522
                    Who was the tosspot reporter to the left of the screen that was asking stupid questions trying to sensationalise the story?

Guys like him make me feel embarrassed to be a kiwi.

Have just written about innocent until proven guilty and here we go again!

Comment

Meanwhile, back on the campaign trail, Winston doing his bit to try to stop Internet - Mana in their tracks.

Ex-Labourites back NZ First
                      Today's tour has so far appears to be an attempt to take shots at the Labour Party, with former Labour MP Dover Samuels meeting Peters for a walkabout in Kaikohe.

Samuels had already indicated that he would be supporting NZ First with his party vote, and today added further insult by wishing out loud that Peters would opt to support a National government because he may be able to bring the government "back to middle New Zealand".
                      At his stop in Paihia, Peters held a joint street meeting with Labour's Kelvin Davis.
                      Peters declared Davis the "number one candidate for Te Tai Tokerau...the man to vote for".
                      www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/10514934/Ex-Labourites-back-NZ-First
                      Last edited by speights boy; 18-09-2014, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meehole View Post
                        So what happened to innocent until proven guilty?
                        Try practicing what you preach.

The reference to innocent until proven guilty was in regard to what Crim da Con said about John Key. However as it seems to be a free for all and that logic is not applied by the John Key haters then I will apply it to Crim da Con regarding how I see it. Can't beat it so may as well join them
                        so innocent until proven guilty only applies to other people when you have an issue with them?

If you don't like what he has to say don't listen - ignore it. Works for me.

Then ignore me, don't need to respond.
                        What you say doesn't upset me - what KDC says obviously upsets you (to the point of being sick for some people).

Feminine logic = oxymoron!

Butthead is also another oxymoron!
                        too true - whatever it is that you are trying to say.
                        Regarding feminine logic - are you trying to say feminine logic is better, worse or just different to normal logic?

interesting definition of feminine logic
                        female logic
                        An oxymoron of the greatest magnitude.
                        Male logic (or just plain logic) follows a direct path,
                        clearly tying the consequences of action to the actor.
                        Female logic doesn't follow a direct path.
                        Female logic always contains a patsie,
                        something to blame her actions on just in case something goes wrong.
                        This is why whenever a girl screws up, it's never her fault - she's used female logic to cover her ass.

Essentially, female logic is to do whatever you want
                        and then justify it with unrelated bullshit excuses after the fact.
                        It's actually reverse logic.

Comment

Nah
                          Perhaps we have an unwritten rule here on PT.
                          We can all write free; and we know it actually means "ratepayer/taxpayer 100% subsidised"

Saves a lot of typing.

Comment

Yes! We know it. But
                            how many others do?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne View Post
                              so innocent until proven guilty only applies to other people when you have an issue with them?

What you say doesn't upset me - what kdc says obviously upsets you (to the point of being sick for some people).

Too true - whatever it is that you are trying to say.
                              Regarding feminine logic - are you trying to say feminine logic is better, worse or just different to normal logic?

Interesting definition of feminine logic
                              female logic
                              an oxymoron of the greatest magnitude.
                              Male logic (or just plain logic) follows a direct path,
                              clearly tying the consequences of action to the actor.
                              Female logic doesn't follow a direct path.
                              Female logic always contains a patsie,
                              something to blame her actions on just in case something goes wrong.
                              This is why whenever a girl screws up, it's never her fault - she's used female logic to cover her ass.

Essentially, female logic is to do whatever you want
                              and then justify it with unrelated bullshit excuses after the fact.
                              It's actually reverse logic.
                              yawwwnnnn!

Comment

Well there is no doubt which party share investors preferred looking at the market this morning.

Especially the power companies; whose ability to make profits and pay very healthy dividends to shareholders seems to be a good bet for the next few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X