Politics, Media and Colin Craig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by artemis View Post
    Some of the things Mr Craig said are fine for dinner party conversation, and may even be true. But this is about politics, which means perception and opening the door for comments from the various oppositions.
    A politician speaking their mind is refreshing. Since when should the truth ever be something we run away from, no matter the reason ?

Comment

• Originally posted by tulips View Post
      A politician speaking their mind is refreshing.
      And a guaranteed recipe for success.
      Last edited by speights boy; 04-08-2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Some people choose not to sell their soul.

Comment

Some people choose not to sell their soul.
          Politics may not be for them then.
          I'm sure you are trolling now as you honestly can't believe that it is a good idea for a politician to speak their mind on every trivial little subject.
          Particularly during an election campaign when the 'message' is all important.
          They need to be careful how the media and public will perceive what they say - perception is reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
            Politics may not be for them then.
            I'm sure you are trolling now as you honestly can't believe that it is a good idea for a politician to speak their mind on every trivial little subject.
            Particularly during an election campaign when the 'message' is all important.
            They need to be careful how the media and public will perceive what they say - perception is reality.
            Your perception is your reality.

Comment

Your perception is your reality.
              I think you will find this to be true for the majority of people.
              Remember we are talking about a politician here - not a 'normal' person.
              They need to pander to the majority unfortunately.

Comment

• Farout, received a 12 page booklet in the mail this morning.

And it's called Dirty Politics and is all about how Colin Craig has supposedly been victimised, the lies told about him etc.

Must have cost a small fortune to send this out to every household! Not sure if it's just Auckland or the whole of NZ?

What do people think of this?
                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• I'm in Whangarei and I got it... smacks of desperation
                  You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

• Originally posted by drelly View Post
                    I'm in Whangarei and I got it... smacks of desperation
                    I get the impression the country got it.
                    Very odd!

Comment

• I had a read last night. It read like an investigation by the publishers of Watchtower. If they wanted to distance themselves from the idea of a religion-based party, they probably shouldn't have included the 9th Commandment "Thou shalt not bear false witness" in huge red lettering on the first page.
                      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

• Its not just about Colin Craig.The whole of politics has become very disgusting in NZ .Freedom of thought, expression & opinion are vitally important to a healthy democracy
                        but are being sacrificed to minority vocal opinion heavily entrenched in all levels of our governance.

Unfortunately conservative opinions are all being squashed by the leftist media via radio and TV.The last portal left is the internet .Basically if you don't tow the PC line in this country you are sidelined or even vanquished.

NZ has already become a fascist state in many areas of education - If you don't tow the "Ïm a white apologist" mantra you will not be accepted for a teaching job!

Comment

• Legal action taken against Colin Craig

Former Conservative Party leader Colin Craig is being sued by one of the men he has claimed is behind a "campaign of defamatory lies".
                          The former Conservative Party leader is being sued by one of the men he has claimed is behind a "campaign of defamatory lies".

Comment

• Colin Craig.. Fark, they have thrown every thing but the kitchen sink at him to try to get rid of him and their party..
                            Everything that has been thrown his way, he has come up smelling of roses and rightfully so.. They have tried a media beat up, they have tried, propaganda, and now an ex National member has done everything in his power to try to sink the party and everything that John Stringer has come up with has so far proven to be b.s.

Last thing Colin has to defend is the electioneering spending..

I'm stoked that Colin has taken it to these assholes via court cases. Its about time some one stood up and said enough of dirty politics. There has definitely been an agenda to destroy the Conservative party and nothing so far has stuck.. But unfortunately with the 3 court cases Colin has on the go, and the case he is defending, and the fact he is trying to run several business, he's silent..

Unlike Winston Peters who is gaining in popularity for his stance on tppa, immigration, asset sales to over seas investors etc.. I think NZfirst will be a coalition partner come next election.. I'm only hoping Colin can sort out all the shit he is going through, soon and starts to be heard again soon.. As his silence currently, is deafening.

Comment

• Originally posted by friendly_prawn View Post
                              Everything that has been thrown his way, he has come up smelling of roses and rightfully so.. They have tried a media beat up, they have tried, propaganda, and now an ex National member has done everything in his power to try to sink the party and everything that John Stringer has come up with has so far proven to be b.s. ..... .
                              We (I anyway) don't know what is contained in the various court cases, though Mr Craig's booklet indicates what some may be. I guess one thing we do know is that there will be all sorts of stuff flying in all directions. Mr Williams and Mr Slater are smart guys and I think will have ducks lined up nicely. Mr Craig will as well, though, so we shall see.

It will be interesting to see in the CP can rise again. I do think there is a place for it on the spectrum but it's not looking very lively at the moment.

Comment

• I'm sure he'll rise again.. I know the party are in the process of electing new board members and putting everything in place and with Colins funding behind them, I can see it will be business as usual.. I know I'll still vote for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X