Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insulation Statement - where Insulation still not completed but in the process ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulation Statement - where Insulation still not completed but in the process ...

Most of our rentals have been insulated.

However, there are some rentals it still needs insulated & currently we are getting the quotes to assess .

For new tenants sign in, it is a requirement to fill in the statement of Insulation after July 2016, there are almost 2-3 pages of stuff to fill in, including wall insulation which I think is still not required.

And there 's a end date that by July 2019 ( I think ) that all private rentals must be complied with both ceiling and underfloor Insulation to current approved level of standards.

I am wondering whilst sign in new tenants to rental properties just became vacant, where there is no insulation yet done up to standards & if the new tenants moving in agree to rent as is condition, ( this is summer anyway & I had a tenant expressing her concerns of being too hot in side the house, after insulation just completed at another rental too ,my question is can we not fill in the 'Insulation Statement' simply stating that 'Insulation Assessment is in the process & insulation is to be completed before 30/6/2018 before the industry standard cut off dates kicks in & tenants have been made aware of it & agree to move in as is basis ?

So, ot clarify better, in this context, when you have a new tenant keen to move in soon to a vacant rental (which doesn't have insulation up to standards) & happy to wait to get the Insulation done by 30/6/2018 , is it acceptable to let in that manner & what would you write on 'Insulation Statement' ?

The rules ask for the insulation statement to cover what is there now, not what you think you might install later !!

Comment

Three pages of stuff? Scheech!

Ours is about 6 lines.

Three in the actual TA and three in the in-going inspection report. Remember, to be unlawful the intent is one of the considerations. Should your statement say that your property conforms then your intent is there. If your statement says it does not conform and why, again the intent is clear.

THREE pages?

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
        Three pages of stuff? Scheech!

Ours is about 6 lines.

Three in the actual TA and three in the in-going inspection report. Remember, to be unlawful the intent is one of the considerations. Should your statement say that your property conforms then your intent is there. If your statement says it does not conform and why, again the intent is clear.

THREE pages?
        Where can I read up on those rules (please)?
        And what if my rental is concrete block building?
        Thanks

Comment

Boo (mamc)

www.3888444.co.nz
          Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
          X