"Reasonable storage costs"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Reasonable storage costs"

Can someone give me an idea of how much approximately "reasonable storage costs" are? Tenant has ended tenancy and moved out but left goods in the garage telling me they will return in a week or two to collect. I'm not confident they will return however I want to notify him that he will be charged storage costs until such time as he returns to collect, or I will charge him costs for disposal if that's what he chooses and deduct from his bond.
    He has also not returned garage key, can I claim costs to replace locks?

Originally posted by sheijstra View Post
    Can someone give me an idea of how much approximately "reasonable storage costs" are? Tenant has ended tenancy and moved out but left goods in the garage telling me they will return in a week or two to collect. I'm not confident they will return however I want to notify him that he will be charged storage costs until such time as he returns to collect, or I will charge him costs for disposal if that's what he chooses and deduct from his bond.
    He has also not returned garage key, can I claim costs to replace locks?
    Check the cost of a storage unit sufficient to store the goods and charge that.

Comment

Charge them what ever you could rent the garage for ? Particularly as they haven't returned the key. You cannot use the garage for anything else while theit stuff in it and they have the key.

Comment

A Tricky One

Which means they can take it away at any time, whether or not any storage fee has been paid.

you should be safe in changing the lock, but then the garage may be broken in to, to get at what's stored there.

Comment

Working...
        X