Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
    Because they wouldn't get any votes.

I'm quite happy to vote for a tax on you, but not for a tax on me.
    As a home owner I get taxed on my rental, own homes and sale of business. That's fair isn't it?

Comment

'no reason' end of tenancy

How quickly will this be abolished if Labour gets in?
      I wonder whether I should give notice before the election day.

Comment

A Labour-led government is not a done deal at all. But in any case they won't be forming a government on 24 September ....

Comment

Originally posted by nano View Post
          If you have NO REASON then why would you want to evict?

Comment

Originally posted by Learning View Post
            If you have NO REASON then why would you want to evict?
            Not quite as simple as that. This article sets out other aspects ...

Landlords is the home for property and real estate investors. Read news and articles on investing in rental property, subscribe to the NZ Property Magazine.

Comment

NEVER give a reason for a 90 day notice.

www.3888444.co.nz
              Facebook Page

Comment

Anthonyacat the government had to pay for the red zone land, bail out southern response and act as a reinsurer of last resort for the EQC ( for which they had been receiving premiums every year since inception so they weren't doing us a favour). Also put in lump sums of capital to help with rebuilding infrastructure. Whether that is offset enough by the extra tax coming in I don't know.
                Last edited by hawkeye; 10-09-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                  I can't be bother finding article but they keep talking about the stimulus from the Chch rebuild.
                  The insurance money coming in helped the balance of payments heaps.
                  Balance of payments maybe but maybe not the surplus.

Comment

Originally posted by Learning View Post
                    It's a vote buying promise so it either won't happen or will take years to come in to effect. If it comes in at all it could be as soft as Jacinda described "A reason" ie. any reason, or as hard as you assume. More likely it will be in some middle ground like second or third 14 day notice issued.
                    I don't think Jacinda will be one to muck around. She wants to get those taxes introduced without waiting for the next election for a mandate so I can't see these other things taking that long to implement.

Comment

Originally posted by Meehole View Post
                      [/LIST]
                      I'm not a TOP supporter but even for our own investment property I don't see the 1st 2 items being an issue. Doesn't the land tax apply to everyone?
                      I think Gareth's land tax is more like 1-2%. The working party suggested 0.5%.

Comment

Not sure what stimulus you are referring to but we went to Chch about 2 months before the 1st earthquake and it was as dead as a dodo. Sad to say but economically that was the best thing that could have happened as far as the City was concerned. It hums now, has awesome cafes, restaurants, shops and commercial buildings with heaps more to come.
                        Southern Response and Stream to name 2 PMO's provided employment to project managers, administrators and then all the follow on trades and suppliers. Rents went through the roof post earthquake, house prices inflated due to a shortage of unbroken homes. We couldn't even find a place to buy and add value as EQC and the insurers were already doing that for free.

Comment

One sided review of renting

Comment

Originally posted by nano View Post
                            Wouldn't you just give notice when you wanted to move a person on?
                            Why wait for election day or later?

Comment

I gave notice and worry about the possible consequences... (damage, drug use)
                              House inspection can be done only once a month.
                              I just hope that the tenant moves on without trouble.

Comment

In Europe, where long term tenancies are more normal, how are alterations by the tenant managed/approved?
                                DFTBA

Comment

Working...
                                X