Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pt Presence would be great

Originally posted by donna View Post
    umm no reply from anyone.....are we going to do the event for PropertyTalk.com or are you more inclined to do your own thing? No worries either way - I understand it is a huge day - lots of riders, people etc so maybe it is better that we all do our own thing - this of course doesn't stop us from meeting up on the day (though that too may be way too difficult).

Cheers,

Donna
    Hi Donna- it would be great to have a PT presence and a great way of promoting PT to the big wide world. Printed riding shirts could be designed so that we stand out in the crowd (12,000 riders AND thier supporters from all over the country & oversesas) and will be great advertising. Aside from those gun -ho solo riders (Rambos!) relay team riders will need to be identifiable to one another & we would need some pre-event organisation of teams and relay legs per participant..ie combinations of riders doing 1, 2 or 3 relay legs. Great comraderie in getting to meet other Pt'ers and by wearing a uniform bike shirt and with some thought & pre-organisation by an exchange of mobile numbers , accomadation venues its all achievable for pre, during & post event catch -ups, drinks and shared experiences in Taupo town over the weekend.

Ps - Dusted off my bike and had a lovely ride around the bays of Wellington on a gloroius still & sunny morning last week :-) gave myself a fighting chance of starting afresh on the flat - but will have to head for the hills sometime

Comment

Yes - I'm keen to do a relay. Cassandra, I agree with you re shirts and accommodation etc.

I think the only way I'm really going to carry on training through the south island winter is to have an event to train for.... (and I too need to find some hills)

Comment

I'm keen to be part of a PT presence, and definitely keen on the social aspects.

PT cycle jerseys would be awesome, but I'm not sure whether the cost would be prohibitive.

I am looking at last year's official Taupo jersey, and it has the names/logos of what I take are minor sponsors on the front. I'm not sure what that would cost?

Paul.

Comment

Okay so we need someone to put their hand up and organise this event as a PT Event - maybe someone that knows the ropes etc - has participated previously, knows the registration process, and can post the teams etc in this thread....it has been started earlier in the thread.

Who's up for it?

Re. the jerseys etc - we'd need a sponsor so that would need to be a task assigned to someone. There has been some discussion around 'what we can wear etc' earlier in the thread.

Once we have it all nutted out we can get the charity side of it happening....I am sure our PT community would love to sponsor the participants for a worthy cause....umm PropertyTalk.com has already pledged $100 (think that was mentioned earlier in this thread).

Cheers,

Donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

I'm in! but getting a sponsor would be fun... trying to find one who hasn't stepped on toes somewhere down the line
            Charging enough rent?
            NZ Scams to Avoid
            Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

SarahK are you putting your hand up to be our Event Organiser for this event?

If so here are some suggestions for Sponsors - Sunday Star Times, NZ Herald....(both benefit from our forums for content).

Cheers,

Donna (umm this is my choice of bike for the event)

Comment

Approx $100 for a custom jersey http://www.tineli.com/customcycleclo...FQaOggodhzEYfA

I'm sure there's a few designers on PT that could have their arm twisted to help design it. Or if a good sponsor is found they might meet that cost.

Comment

I have a graphic designer Brother-in-law who used to design tee-shirts for Global Culture. I'll ask if he's interested in designing something.

Comment

We have our own graphic design person - that's the easy bit - what I think we need to work through right now is:
                    1. Who is our Event Organiser? Is it SarahK?
                    2. Who is participating? And what event?
                    3. What do we want to wear that says we are PropertyTalk?
                    4. Which Sponsor/s are happy to pay for it?

May need to add more tasks to the list too.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

• Hey, don't forget the support team!!!!!!!!
                      "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

• Are we going to get to see muppet in bike shorts?

In answer to Donna's questions:

1. I won't be able to organise, as I'll be out of the country for two months, and without reliable (if any) internet access.
                        2. I'll do the enduro.
                        3. I would love a PT jersey.
                        4. I would be happy to pay for my own PT jersey.

Paul.

Comment

• Where in the world do you have to go to get no internet coverage. It would be like going back to a horse and cart. By the way, I rode to primary school on a horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by sooty View Post
                            Where in the world do you have to go to get no internet coverage. It would be like going back to a horse and cart. By the way, I rode to primary school on a horse.
                            4WD safari in Southern Africa.

Comment

• Originally posted by donna View Post
                              Who is our Event Organiser? Is it SarahK?
                              I'd prefer not to be...
                              Who is participating? And what event?
                              I'm up for the classic or whatever they call it
                              What do we want to wear that says we are PropertyTalk?
                              Shorts can be effective, with the url across the hips. I've seen some good promos lately. People tend to have more shirts and fewer shorts so the shorts get out there more. Shorts will cost more and most people (or just girls) are a bit particular about their shorts.

If we want to scale back the investment we can always go for helmet covers...
                              Originally posted by sooty View Post
                              Where in the world do you have to go to get no internet coverage. It would be like going back to a horse and cart. By the way, I rode to primary school on a horse.
                              At the second relay change there was telecom coverage but not vodafone... seems you don't even have to leave the country to go old-tech!
                              Charging enough rent?
                              NZ Scams to Avoid
                              Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

• Training buddy

Originally posted by rueben View Post
                                I think the only way I'm really going to carry on training through the south island winter is to have an event to train for.... (and I too need to find some hills)
                                There is a big one very close to you ... and plenty around the area too.

I'm keen to do some rides during the winter, as I find these hot days a bit taxing to do any. I'd be keen to do some rides with you.
                                Whatever it takes ...

Comment

Working...
                                X