Header Ad Module

Collapse

TT decisions removed from database?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigWal
    Opinionated
    • Dec 2014
    • 147

    #1

    TT decisions removed from database?

    When playing around with the 'keyword' search facility on the TT database I happened to discover that two rulings in my favour (one in 2015 and one in 2016) are no longer available.

    Nothing contentious - tenant didn't pay rent on time, and I first got a conditional order, and then a lot later got an order for payment of arrears and release of bond to me.

    Any ideas on how / why they're gone now?

    I feel an FOI request coming up, as this just makes a mockery of the TT process.
  • artemis
    Fanatical
    • May 2004
    • 3102

    #2
    Good idea. If making a general request (ie no identifying info), suggest use FYI.org site. Requests and responses are public. There are a few requests there re the TT.

    Comment

    • Perry
      Geriatric
      • Sep 2004
      • 16861

      #3
      There is a time limit for the decisions to stay on there.

      Comment

      • Keys
        Fanatical
        • Nov 2006
        • 6062

        #4
        Three weeks?
        https://www.propertytalk.com/forum/i...ilies/lock.gif

        Comment

        • BigWal
          Opinionated
          • Dec 2014
          • 147

          #5
          The 2016 decision was made roughly one and a half months ago.

          Comment

          • artemis
            Fanatical
            • May 2004
            • 3102

            #6
            I thought 3 years. But there was a case discussed on here a year or two back where a tenant requested a decision not be published on the database. This was apparently granted and perhaps there are many others. IIRC I don't think the landlord was informed of the reasoning, or the decision not to publish, but it was pretty obvious from the details provided at the time (lawyer/academic tenants). Though I couldn't possibly comment ...

            Comment

            • artemis
              Fanatical
              • May 2004
              • 3102

              #7
              Originally posted by BigWal View Post
              The 2016 decision was made roughly one and a half months ago.
              They may have a backlog.

              Comment

              • Keys
                Fanatical
                • Nov 2006
                • 6062

                #8
                ^^^ Just like the Tribunal itself. Struggling under the weight of all of those claims which used to be sorted by landlords directly with tenants.
                https://www.propertytalk.com/forum/i...ilies/lock.gif

                Comment

                • BigWal
                  Opinionated
                  • Dec 2014
                  • 147

                  #9
                  Originally posted by artemis View Post
                  They may have a backlog.
                  'Fraid not. I had been checking to see when it came online, and it appeared a couple of weeks ago. And now it and its predecessor are gone.

                  Comment

                  • mrsaneperson
                    Fanatical
                    • Jan 2012
                    • 2289

                    #10
                    Originally posted by BigWal View Post
                    'Fraid not. I had been checking to see when it came online, and it appeared a couple of weeks ago. And now it and its predecessor are gone.
                    Strange because the TT need Landlords permission to delete these decisions before the time expiry.

                    Comment

                    • BigWal
                      Opinionated
                      • Dec 2014
                      • 147

                      #11
                      Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                      Strange because the TT need Landlords permission to delete these decisions before the time expiry.
                      Hah - just replied to your other post before seeing this. Where does it say that the landlord's permission is required?

                      May be applicable to a ruling I'm involved in which doesn't seem to be there any more.

                      Comment

                      • mrsaneperson
                        Fanatical
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 2289

                        #12
                        Originally posted by BigWal View Post
                        Hah - just replied to your other post before seeing this. Where does it say that the landlord's permission is required?

                        May be applicable to a ruling I'm involved in which doesn't seem to be there any more.
                        Tenant sent me an email advising they had tried to get the TT decision taken offline earlier than the timeout period which i think is 3 years, they were informed they needed landlord to approve this & LL write directly to TT in order for this to happen.

                        Comment

                        • Rentex
                          Opinionated
                          • May 2013
                          • 149

                          #13
                          I've emailed MBIE & MOJ to see if any change in procedure, etc. Will post their response as soon as have.
                          Last edited by Rentex; 01-12-2016, 09:13 AM.
                          Rentex Limited Property Management - Est. 1988

                          Comment

                          • Rentex
                            Opinionated
                            • May 2013
                            • 149

                            #14
                            That was quick and they (TTOL) confirmed okay to post.

                            Thank you for your query. We are aware there is an issue with not all orders displaying on the webpage, and I apologise for this.

                            We are advised by our web team that a further enhancement to the system is required to alleviate this problem. I am advised this will be done on 5/12/16.

                            If you are able to check the system again for specific orders next week, and if they are still not appearing please come back to me directly with the application numbers or party names, so I can follow it up accordingly.

                            Thanks again for your feedback.
                            Rentex Limited Property Management - Est. 1988

                            Comment

                            • BigWal
                              Opinionated
                              • Dec 2014
                              • 147

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Rentex View Post
                              That was quick and they (TTOL) confirmed okay to post.
                              Excellent. Thanks Rentex!

                              That also explains why I've been finding very few decisions when I've tried searching for the latest decisions by city. It's been that way for a while now, so I'm guessing that nobody's complained before now.

                              It'll be interesting to see what happens next week.

                              Comment

                              Working...