No announcement yet.

What would you do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So do the police have an actual solution? Like where he would go to?

Or do they just want him out of their area?
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Could you get a neighbour to gather a few of the petitioners together and you go along and have a chat? Explain the history, that he is a victim and ill but not bad, and they could look out for him (in a caring way that is) as an option. Maybe get the local copper along as well. Let everyone hear all sides and see if you can persuade them to your point of view. Nothing like some guilt tripping as a persuader. Glenn, from what I have read from you, you are indeed looking out for some of those most of us cross the road to avoid. (Might not get your reward in this life tho!)

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post
        Could you get a neighbour to gather a few of the petitioners together and you go along and have a chat? Explain the history, that he is a victim and ill but not bad, and they could look out for him (in a caring way that is) as an option. Maybe get the local copper along as well. Let everyone hear all sides and see if you can persuade them to your point of view. Nothing like some guilt tripping as a persuader. Glenn, from what I have read from you, you are indeed looking out for some of those most of us cross the road to avoid. (Might not get your reward in this life tho!)
        Well yes but the main driver of the protest is as mad as a hatter so I do not think I would get far meeting them apart from putting my life and hearing at risk. Actually when I talk to the police about most of the difficult tenants they all seem to have a deep dislike of the rich landlords using them to further our business. As for reward... well I am happy to say I am well up there.
        As for the biblical quote. Just remember the hated Samaratan we know what race he was with his heroetical scriptures. However we are mysteriously not told what ethnic source the beaten man was. We all think of him as "one of our kind"

Comment

Oh yes another true up to the minute update.
          The poor fellow's mother rang today. He is in his 50's so she must be no doll.
          She is afraid for his life. He was talking about taking it today.
          Who will go to hell if he does do the deed.
          Who will have to clean his flat again!
          I have had a few tenants die in their flats.
          The police organize the body removal but leave the mess for me.

Comment

Have had the same issue a few times over the years. Best one was when the president of the Black Power (our tenant) got shot by the Mongrel Mob guy up the road. Police wanted us to move him on and I asked if they had another place for him to go. They didn't, he stayed and things settled down. Great tenants, pay their rent and keep the place tidy.

Get some kid to tag the nutty ring leaders fence, or someone to do some burn outs outside and they will be off on another petition crusade about that.
            Plan and invest wisely - You only get one life so make the most of it!

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post
              He's a property manager, not a social worker/disputes resolution negotiator/mental health worker.

Oh, ...... wait.......
              DFTBA

Comment

Originally posted by ScottSI View Post

Get some kid to tag the nutty ring leaders fence, or someone to do some burn outs outside and they will be off on another petition crusade about that.
                Now this, I like.
                DFTBA

Comment

My trouble is my ugly face is too well known.
                  I was in court yesterday and some low life walks past and says "hi Glenn"
                  The day before I was in local bad street and some evil looking girls walk by whilst I was telling the prospect what a lovely nice area of town it was when they said " hi Glenn"
                  I have not got a clue who they all are but they certainly recognise me.

Comment

You may need to drop an N.

Last edited by speights boy; 01-11-2012, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I went through a similar thing two months ago. A petition started up against my tenant (from another family member) and her family for them to move from the small community. Kids already evicted from another house which they had trashed and moved in with mum. Police were called several times to the house re domestics and fighting with locals. Local policeman advises me the woman is nothing but white trash and its better if she leaves the area. Pays her a visit to tell her so and following Monday my PM receives her notice that she is moving out. All very well and good but we later find considerable damage in the home (fire in laundry being one of them) and the place is a mess. Two months to get a TT hearing in Huntly and another week for determination. I have a new tenant but that week house broken into and copper pipework and HW cylinder stolen. The outcome from the TT isn't good and I won't recover the costs for damages from that tenant (its not on the determination despite my PM saying she presented the claim) and we have had to pay the tenant back ''overpayment'' as there is an argument between former PM, the adjudicator and new PM as to what was being paid in rent to begin with, with the original rental agreement changed without signatures on the change. Former PM says it was the letting fee being paid off (first I had heard of it), adjudicator and new PM says it shows on the tenants documents she was paying an extra $10 per week for rent..... so for us, the problem has escalated all because of a petition and a cop who wants the tenant out of his area.

And I don't believe that the new PM was actually given a copy of the petition, just verbal from the policeman and community watch leader.
                      S.

Comment

Well the story goes on.
                        The tenant tried to end his life. I sure hope the end did not involve blood on the carpet.
                        He was feeling sad and un loved.
                        They have popped him into the mental health unit to cool down.
                        The newspaper is holding off publishing just in case they have another Greg King on their conscience.

Comment

Its a hard road being a LL and humanitarian at the same time--Good on you for at least trying.

Comment

Hope the goody two shoe neighbours are happy, their actions probably added to the situation.

Comment

If He has been a good paying tenant for the past 5 years and you have had no other big issues untill now and has not harmed anyone then why kick him out. If he pays rent on time and looks after the rental property and keeps to himself then give him a chance. But as the saying goes there is allways to sides to each story.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairbear1 View Post
                                If He has been a good paying tenant for the past 5 years and you have had no other big issues untill now and has not harmed anyone then why kick him out. If he pays rent on time and looks after the rental property and keeps to himself then give him a chance. But as the saying goes there is allways to sides to each story.
                                Thanks for the support. I can see there are many landlords out there that do not fit the comic strip view of us.
                                However yes there are two or even three sides to the story. Without a doubt the tenant is a pest. He often rings and says he needs some help with this or that. He certainly does sit around drinking wine out of a bladder from time to time. (between sleeping that is).
                                Without a doubt he is no asset to society.
                                Come on boys. Lets run him out of town.
                                Dunk in the river and if he comes up alive he is guilty and if he is dead he must have been innocent.
                                Lets clean up this town say the police. They after all are only doing their job.
                                Put him to work in the rice fields of Cambodia.
                                Send him to work in the salt mines or forests of Siberia.
                                Connect him up to the electicity to make him sane.

Bring on the experts in white coats.
                                Hand out the pointy white hats.

Comment

Working...
                                X