Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warrant of Fitness for rentals (including details)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is an article that sounds like the one Sidinz is referring to.

one day training course to become and inspector - they must be highly skilled.

In my opinion any property not up to the quality of the WOF should be bulldozed. Can't have people living in houses like that!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post

In my opinion any property not up to the quality of the WOF should be bulldozed.
      Bulldoze a whole house because the upstairs does not have one window stay?

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Keys View Post
        Don't think he was serious!

Not a lot of support for the RWOF in comments on that article. Some support for a tenant WOF though.

Comment

It's UNSAFE!
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• I think the whole push from WCC will wane somewhat after the change in Govt, they are expecting it to be picked up as per the election promises by a higher authority now.
            Last edited by Perry; 30-10-2017, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nice View Post
              I think the whole push from WCC will wane somewhat after the change in Govt, they are expecting it to be picked up as per the election promises by a higher authority now.
              Yes. Pretty sure the WCC expects their voluntary initiative to be input to a compulsory scheme, implemented by central government. The original intention by the developers of the checklist and associated process (Uni of Otago in Wellington, well funded for this by the taxpayer) was a fail (any fail) would preclude the property from being rented. Good ivory tower thinking.

Pity about the tenants.

Comment

I think the whole push from WCC will wane somewhat after the change in Govt, they are expecting it to be picked up as per the election promises by a higher authority now.
                What difference will that make?

Comment

• Good chance it will become compulsory ?

Comment

Good chance it will become compulsory ?
                    Mandatory is specific Labour and Green policy. NZ First also supports it but not clear exactly on what basis.

Comment

It would make them be more careful next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                        It would make them be more careful next time.
                        ”Sorry water temp is 0.2 degrees below standard. Bulldoze and start again.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Learning View Post
                          ”Sorry water temp is 0.2 degrees below standard. Bulldoze and start again.”
                          Sounds fair.
                          Maybe give them a warning - allow 1 day to sort (takes a while to organise a bulldozer anyway).

Comment

• My PM is consulting with council on this. His issue is any fail on the 20+ items is a fail. They don't weight anything. So insulation gets the same importance as visibility strips on a sliding door.

The council comment on that stuff article is telling - "we are experts now and this is the approved test". It's a bit like North Korea saying "everybody has enough food our scientists have measured it".
                            Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

• I get particular irked by the visibility strips thing. ACC was involved in the original WOF checklist and I have no doubt this is one of their initiatives. Probably the window security, handrails and water temperature as well.

In the last year ACC paid out over a billion dollars just for falls. Over two billion for boiling claims. Great scheme to get the tenants (via landlords) to pay the cost of reducing ACC claims.

ACC are supposed to be all over prevention. For a tiny fraction of the cost of their advertising they could send a roll of visibility tape to every landlord on the bond database. Job done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                                My PM is consulting with council on this. His issue is any fail on the 20+ items is a fail. They don't weight anything. So insulation gets the same importance as visibility strips on a sliding door.
                                69 questions across 29 criteria.

Comment

Working...
                                X