Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warrant of Fitness for rentals (including details)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes that's actually quite a good idea Artemis. Of course the problem is HNZ would have to meet the required standards and they would never be able to afford it so the whole thing breaks down then.
    In fact that is quite a salient point, if private landlords, (with a very small number of exceptions), looked after their properties as badly as HNZ do they would be lynching landlords in the streets!

Comment

• Perhaps if HNZ charged higher rents there might be more money in the kitty for maintenance. Case and point woman in her late 60's living in a 3 bedroom house on full site in Orakei, been there 30 years pays $65 week rent.
      Where's the logic or reasoning?

Comment

• Because "She's entitled".

Comment

• Yes it's ridiculous Meehole!

Comment

• Maybe because there a shortage of 1 beddies for the oldies to move to?
            On another note just wondering how many landlords would pay a one off of $599 for a meth alert monitor? $150 to install and serviced once a year for $100.
            The alarm if it detects cooking goes to your own mobile or that of the property manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meehole View Post
              Maybe because there a shortage of 1 beddies for the oldies to move to? ...... .
              That is certainly the case. Almost half of applicants on the social housing register nationally are waiting for a 1 bedroom place. That means they are singles or couples.

It used to be that most on the waiting list were families and 2-3-4 bedrooms were usual. (2 bedrooms often being solo parent with a child.)

Part of the reason for the change is probably that there is not the level of pensioner housing there used to be, with few new builds. And with changes in mental health policies over the years, there will be increasing numbers who need extra housing and other support. Also I see Housing NZ is building more small units now.

Comment

• Sounds heartless but someone who can only afford $65 a week needs to be on a permanent disability benefit or moved out of Auckland. Of course if HNZ can afford to subsidise then good on them but the houses I visit in Auckland that are HNZ are a disgrace. Never seen such incompetent work and so many shortcuts taken. And sub par standards accepted.

Comment

• Wellington's voluntary WOF goes live 28 Aug. http://wellington.govt.nz/your-counc...ant-of-fitness

Comment

• Originally posted by Learning View Post
                    Wellington's voluntary WOF goes live 28 Aug. http://wellington.govt.nz/your-counc...ant-of-fitness
                    Nice list they have.
                    I got stuck at the 2nd one - . Is there adequate space for food preparation and storage?
                    I find our current house has 'adequate' space. My wife says it is OK, my son has stuff all over the kitchen so clearly not adequate.

Comment

• Number 17, I need to stick ugly stickers onto my nice clean ranch-slider doors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Learning View Post
                        Number 17, I need to stick ugly stickers onto my nice clean ranch-slider doors.
                        They are a very good idea.
                        If they don't have it built in then they are probably old with un-tempered glass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                          They are a very good idea.
                          If they don't have it built in then they are probably old with un-tempered glass.
                          Does new or retrofit double glazed ranch-sliders come with visibility stickers as standard?

Comment

• when we redid the floor insulation on a rental, the company we used and the other 2 companies didn't recommend putting down the ground barrier sheet. Its closed in underneath but with slats with gaps inbetween, sloping section.

Comment

• It's a comprehensive list and no 17 might need looking at. We haven't put up ugly visibility strips on the sliding doors or french doors at home or in our rentals - at a guess, in the rentals, they'd never be clean enough to trick the tenants into trying to walk through them so in this case dirty is good!

cheers,

Donna
                              Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• Needs a few NA answers in places; surely not every question can be a pass/fail answer ??

Insulation and ground moisture barriers are not feasible in every property, nor are they demanded by the RTA.

In general it is a more sensible response than their last one though !

Comment

Working...
                                X