Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warrant of Fitness for rentals (including details)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how would you insulate something like this?

Find your dream home in New Zealand with Trade Me. Browse our full range of NZ real estate listings to discover the perfect property for families, couples and s...

looks to be cinder block walls, concrete floor, custom iron? windows on 4th floor

who decides if it is impossible to fit?

guess a lot of BC secretaries will be hiring experts to find out
    Last edited by eri; 09-07-2015, 02:10 PM.
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

• The changes were broadly flagged earlier, but it will be interesting to see the exceptions. Like what does 'physically impossible' mean. Almost any insulation retrofit is physically possible, though might be a bit tricky if (for example) the floor has to be taken up. (I don't really expect that to be required.)

Multi storey places will need their own rules if not exempted.

Wonder if there will be a subsidy for landlords or a tax change to allow new insulation to be expensed. .

Comment

• Originally posted by Courham View Post
        The Radio Live the news said insulation in walls, ceilings and floors, the Herald article mentions only floor and ceiling. Hopefully it is the latter. Can anyone confirm? Insulating the walls on my rentals without out would be a royal pain in the arse and not even my PPOR has wall insulation.

Craig
        Does anyone know if there is a non-destructive way of determining weather the walls are insulated?

Comment

• Originally posted by brendan View Post
          Does anyone know if there is a non-destructive way of determining weather the walls are insulated?
          many places you could

- pull the correct light fuse

- pry or screw off a switch cover

to get a look at the cavity space
          have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

• I doubt that they're going to expect wall insulation. That would be a major expense.
            You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

• Originally posted by artemis View Post
              Wonder if there will be a subsidy for landlords or a tax change to allow new insulation to be expensed. .
              From interest.co.nz: http://www.interest.co.nz/property/7...insulated-july
              Smith said the insulation retrofitting of an estimated 180,000 rental properties was expected to cost landlords NZ$600 million, while the requirements for smoke alarms was expected to cot them NZ$7 million. Officials estimated these extra costs were expected to increase rents by around NZ$3.20 per week.

I think we have an answer

Also note:
              Regulations would make landlords responsible for ensuring an operational smoke alarm was in place, and tenants would be responsible for replacing batteries or notifying landlords of defects. Long life (10-year) photoelectric alarms would be required where there was no existing alarm or when replacing an existing alarm.

Craig

Comment

• This is the date I have been dreading. My slumps now need an upgrade
                www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                # Property Management
                # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

• This is potentially good news though (again from same interest.co.nz article) :

"There will be a new 10-day process introduced to enable re-tenanting of properties where a tenant abandons a property with no intention of returning. The current process can take up to six weeks leaving a house empty and the landlord out of pocket," he said.

Craig

Comment

• How about windows? Do we need to replace all to double glaze?

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisgoh View Post
                      How about windows? Do we need to replace all to double glaze?
                      I won't think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDreamer View Post
                        This is the date I have been dreading. My slumps now need an upgrade
                        Upgrade them in the coming slump, when tradies are cheap

Comment

• "The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment will have new powers to investigate and prosecute landlords for breaking tenancy laws as part of these reforms, particularly where there is risk to the health and safety of tenants.
                          Toxic mold ?
                          Meth contamination ?

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisgoh View Post
                            How about windows? Do we need to replace all to double glaze?
                            Stop giving them ideas!

I can only hope not!
                            www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                            # Property Management

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
                              Upgrade them in the coming slump, when tradies are cheap
                              My thoughts exactly!
                              www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                              # Property Management

Comment

• LLs in the gun, yet again. I wonder about the how, why
                                and when of tenants and smoke alarm batteries, if it
                                comes to a TT Kangaroo Kourt Hearing..

Comment

Working...
                                X