• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made the papers!

well done

have you defeated them?
    your demons

Fantastic! Great photos too.

Wondering if this was picked up via PT? If so, good on the Herald (for once).

Pity that Robert Whitaker at Renters United had to damn with faint not-quite-praise and could not turn off the bias for a few minutes.

Comment

Is this you eri? If so, well done!

Assumed you only owned apartment(s)? Haha.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

It's sidinz. She posted them in actually. Quite the discussion on the FB group beforehand.
        Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Well done Sidinz. Nice to see the pics and you did a great job. I remember you seeking some advice on here as you were doing it. I hope you reap the rewards of all your hard work. You do deserve it...all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
            Is this you eri? If so, well done!

Assumed you only owned apartment(s)? Haha.
            Haha, got that wrong.

Didn't think eri sounded like a female, but you never know right?
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

It's been quite the ride. After I submitted it to Stuff, I posted to Graeme's FB group. It was then pointed out to Peter, so he and APIA peddled it to the Herald. Upshot was, it came out on Stuff and the Herald on the same day. Oops. I thought that Stuff weren't interested......
              There was also a radio slot yesterday. Radio Live. And I've been contacted by a publication in Oz (!?).
              The Stuff people have asked me to do a follow-up on 'what I've learned through being a landlord.' Might need some help from these threads for that one! Some much more experienced heads than mine on here and the FB group.
              My blog. From personal experience.
              http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post

Story picked up by one of the APIA Board members, and then put through to our publicity people who refined it and pushed it out to the media.
                A chance too good to miss.

Comment

great result

but be careful

getting into bed with the media

is like getting in bed with a crocodile

if you can get our with only losing a finger

you've done well

Last edited by eri; 29-09-2017, 11:19 AM.
                  have you defeated them?
                  your demons

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post

Pity that Robert Whitaker at Renters United had to damn with faint not-quite-praise and could not turn off the bias for a few minutes.
                    Well done! Great to get the real property investor story out there.

Artemis.......we're not likely to know. PropertyTalk is very rarely given any recognition for being source for seeding networking groups and a reference site for news stories. Not that we can or would complain as neither Marc nor I are motivated for that sort of attention. I'd say over the past 14 years PropertyTalk has been online, we may have been voluntarily mentioned as a reference site or source less than 5 times.

cheers,

Donna
                    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Well done Sidinz.

Loved the comments on stuff, some people just don't get it.

Craig

Comment

The vitriol in the comments is outstanding. apparently because some work 40 hours a week and get taxed on that income you should be taxed both for that income and for the next 40 hours that you slave in your own time.
                        Of course the left didn't abolish slavery did they. That was the right.

Comment

Ahhhh capital vs labour.
                          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

It completely escapes them that the same labour going into other projects - the family home, growing food, doing up classic cars etc. isn't taxed.....
                            My blog. From personal experience.
                            http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

and that CGT would mean everybody would trick out their home to get tax free capital gains (like Sydney) and houses would still go up
                              Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Working...
                              X