Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Carpet for rental property? Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Carpet for rental property? Please help.

Hi guys, I plan to replace floor covering (carpet etc) for my rental property. Which kind of carpet is suitable for rental purpose, wool or polyprolyne or? Which contractor/carpet shop you will recommend? Thanks. Patrick

Polyprop carpet is hard wearing but very prone to heat damage. If you go that way, make sure the tenancy agreement covers this and tell the tenants they must not do the ironing on the carpet.

Comment

I used polyprop once, never again. Faded really badly from the sun.
      Just replaced it with a wool blend, which came in only about 10% more expensive.
      Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

wool everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post
          Polyprop carpet is hard wearing but very prone to heat damage. If you go that way, make sure the tenancy agreement covers this and tell the tenants they must not do the ironing on the carpet.
          Have you experianced this or heard about it?
          I have seen (in person) a demo with a hot iron and a nylon carpet - not a mark!

One large advantage is poly is its stain resistance.
          There is a greater chance of carpet stain than heat damage I would have thought.

Last carpet I was all set to buy nylon but ended up with wool as they had a good special - we'll see how much staining it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
            Have you experianced this or heard about it?
            I have seen (in person) a demo with a hot iron and a nylon carpet - not a mark!

One large advantage is poly is its stain resistance.
            There is a greater chance of carpet stain than heat damage I would have thought.

Last carpet I was all set to buy nylon but ended up with wool as they had a good special - we'll see how much staining it gets.
            Have seen many GHD marks on carpets (not sure the type) and they are an essential for your average female teenager

Comment

I work in the carpet industry.
              Go light weight SDN carpet, down to 28 ounces (heavy duty residential is the rating I think).

As Stain resistant as you can get, and hard wearing, go cut pile every time, something mid range brown.
              Too dark or too light will show stains / mess.

Comment

That's Solution Dyed Nylon - this is what I was told also.
                I agonised over it but ended up buying wool as it was cheaper.
                I hope I don't regret it with stains.

Comment

Has anyone used student proof carpet?

Or the Rhino one?
                  Trust Carpet Court to make your residential or commercial flooring project happen. With NZ’s largest flooring range and award winning service, talk to us today!
                  The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

I used the Rhino one for the house that i live in. It is very good.

Comment

Working...
                    X