Header Ad Module

Collapse

Hrv ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bluekiwi
    Fanatical
    • May 2008
    • 4002

    #1

    Hrv ?

    Interested to know what everyone thinks of HRV.

    We are looking at it for our house to dry it out a bit, warm it up and get some dampness out of the house.

    Looking at it for our house the cost is about 3.6k to 4k to put in.

    I have heard stories about it being good, about it being useless, about it being noisy or causing other problems.
    Some people say it has made a slight difference but nothing substantial.

    So havent really come to any conclusion.
  • Keys
    Fanatical
    • Nov 2006
    • 6062

    #2
    Had one of my houses which I was heating with two LPG portable heaters (I know). Moisture running down the walls and drawers unable to close etc.

    Put one in and it dried the place out magnificiently. Cooled it down as well. Really cooled it down.
    https://www.propertytalk.com/forum/i...ilies/lock.gif

    Comment

    • BusyLizzy
      ***** Junkie
      • Apr 2005
      • 2311

      #3
      Have you seen this thread??
      Have a question or tip about improving the value of your investment property?


      I know there have been a few other discussions too....
      Lisa

      Comment

      • Bluekiwi
        Fanatical
        • May 2008
        • 4002

        #4
        Great,

        I wonder if Dean still thinks that brand Healthair is the best after putting in 47 of them back in 2007.

        Comment

        • PC
          Fanatical
          • Apr 2004
          • 2172

          #5
          I'ved used DVS & HealthAire.
          They do make a great difference.
          Would recommend HealthAire.

          A lot of different vendors now supplying very similar systems.
          Get a few quotes and talk turkey.
          They will drop quite a bit off the price when pushed.

          If you have a sparky friend - can get simple two outlet version for ~$900 wholesale.
          The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

          Comment

          • Lenny69
            Freshie
            • Oct 2009
            • 23

            #6
            I can vouch for the HRV system, we are totally happy with its performance.

            Makes the house much easier to heat as its already warmed the air and removed moisture. Still a little condensation but very very little and nice cooling down during those hot humid nights. Air seems much cleaner too after coming home to a shut up house at the end of the day.

            From what I have been reading they all seem all very much similar when comparing HRV, DVS and a few others, although when I had mine installed DVS only had the one port whereas HRV had one per room.

            Next home we own, will definitely be installing one again.

            Recently came across this for filters.

            Filter Bags, Filters, Cages, Dust Collectors, Baghouses, Dust, Ventilation, Filters, Filtration, DVS, HRV, Connectors, Flexible Connectors, BFM, Flexible FIttings, Fittings, Liquid, Liquid Filters, Filtration, Press Plates, Press Cloths, Press Filtration, Industrial Fans, Commercial Fans, Axial Fans, Centrifugal Fans


            Haven't tried it myself as we've recently had HRV come around for the filter change. $380 later *ouch* so might look into this next time around.

            Comment

            Working...