Hats off RM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats off RM

As a sometimes critique of RM I really have to say hats off re: The new site.

Yeah I hate all the sizzle. Yeah I hate all the religious overtones. Yeah I hate the lack of hard data. Yeah I hate the you can to message.

BUT: I can't deny that the substance of the message you promote is sound and you package it bloody well. The website is a good intergration of years of work and I just feel it is timely to say I'm impressed.

I would still love to know who the mystery WD was? More importantly I still would like to know the Phil Jones property story (what brought, sold held etc.) but at the end of the day realise it is your business to say it as you see fit.

You were wrong PJ about the selling thing but watchn the Eric Rush video made me realise that you do still hold that view so given that level of consistence I will let it rest!

Great site and while it may be a bit hard to say it, you a great asset to the PI community and deserve the success. It is clearly the result of targetted hard work and to win a critique over is I hope some reward.

Agree that the Richmastery website is fantastic resource for the whole property investor community. The sheer content the site has (including video and audio) means that all investors can see and hear inspirational stories.

What I like best about the site is that it inspires people to shed their limiting beliefs and to take action.

Comment

I'm going to keep my hat firmly on after the blog entry by Phil on the 24th entitled Bankrupt on Foolishness!
      Personally I thought that entry seemed a nasty piece of work, it sadly comes off sounding like a gleeful bully, not a respected member of the property investing community. Note, please Phil before you complain I am not saying you are a gleeful bully, I don't think you are. I am suggesting that your blogging style in this case leaves you sounding that way. I'm merely expressing a personal opinion about your writing style not about you. (In other words, please don't sic your lawyers on me... This is aimed at being reasonably constructive criticism, not a personal attack so please read it that way)

Case in point:
      Originally posted by Phil
      One of my mentors always said to me: "never pick a fight with someone that’s bigger than you, they will always win." Hows and Crisp missed this lesson.
      and another:
      Originally posted by Phil
      So Richmasterys solicitors commenced action against both Peter Crisp and David Hows and nine months later what is the result?

Both Peter Crisp and David Hows and his wife Danielle will almost certainly all be bankrupt by Christmas.

There is some value on the RM site, especially Dean and Steve's blogs some of these are gold. But there is also some like the above which turns me off a bit. Oh and the worst thing about the forum right now, the annoying POP UP ad trying to sell those tickets for the richmastery property academy this weekend... Thank you Property talk for not using pop up ads!

So hats off to Steve and Dean, as for the rest, especially given the censorship which seems to have occured recently in their forums the jury is still out.

David Hunter

Anyway people aren't wearing enough hats these days... we should be encouraging them to keep them on.

Postscript
      As an postscript to my post I should have said, please please whether you agree with me and want to chime in vigarously or disagree vehmently can we make sure we all play by the rules and if you must make any negative statements, make sure that they are followed at the end of your post by your full name! I don't want to be up till 4 in the morning moderating so lets keep it civil!
      Last edited by Monid; 25-10-2006, 12:58 PM. Reason: Added Postscript
      New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

Richmastery offers a smorgusboard of resources for investors, some you will like, some you will not.

Phil just tells it like it is. As you have said he is not a nasty person and we believe the truth deserves to be told. When stories have played out in newspapers and other public forums such as this one, there really is no point in hiding it on our web site.

Comment

There's lots of definitions of what a blog is, but I particularly like "Blog is short for weblog. A weblog is a journal (or newsletter) that is frequently updated and intended for general public consumption. Blogs generally represent the personality of the author or the Web site."

Kind of scary if Phil's entries really do represent the personality of the author. All I've read to date are entries that:
          - talk Phil up
          - cut others down
          - flog RM services

(Hey I like that last one - it's a flog not a blog )

I don't see value to the community in any of that.

Come on Phil - you lead the self proclaimed "New Zealand No.1 Property Investment and Education Experts" so lets see the thought leadership someone in your position should be demonstrating.

Gerrard

Comment

Actually, yes I felt a bit uneasy about that blog too. It did smack of "dont mess with me.." although I dont think that was the intention.
            Perhaps the lessons learned should have included lessons learned by Phil, not his opponents.
            ie Pick your friends wisely...

cheers

Tim

Comment

I enjoy Blogs, especially political ones where it can get verrry heated. I have to agree with Monid that Jones's post is pretty awful. I'm surprised that he doesnt see that he has sunk to their (according to him) level with some of the things he says against them. Not cool at all. A little immature in fact, especially where he casts himself as someone "bigger than them". Truth is, Mr Jones is a very small fish whose size is exaggerated by advertising and his post smacks of undeserved arrogance.There are many sayings about revenge but I think the best one is to live well.

Comment

After 5 1/2 years at close range with Phil, my view is at:

David Hows
                www.realestatemagazine.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Jones
                  One of my mentors always said to me: "never pick a fight with someone that’s bigger than you, they will always win." Hows and Crisp missed this lesson.

While this is not mentioned in the bible, apparently Goliath had a mentor who offered similar advice. Drunk on his own power, Goliath ended up picking on someone smaller than him. The rest is history (or at least historical fiction).

Comment

Originally posted by Richmastery View Post
                    Phil just tells it like it is. As you have said he is not a nasty person and we believe the truth deserves to be told.
                    Funny, the truthful threads keep being deleted - two in two days. Those traits mentioned by an ex-business partner are definitely ringing bells.

Also: quote from Phil's blog
                    "And it’s not right that you should prosper from the work of others that you have plagiarised and ripped off illegally."

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by David Hows

As for the stolen intellectual property from Peter Spam and Cairns Lockie that I refered to in my earlier post one only has to call William Cairns at Cairns Lockie or contact Peter Spam at his contact details in the URL above and ask them if this theft ocurred. I am sure it's still fresh in their minds.

Still waiting for that response RM to the above..... (three days now and numerous requests but still no answer) After Phil's recent blog, a response is surely appropriate!

VM
                    Last edited by Veronica Meadows; 25-10-2006, 04:46 PM. Reason: changed posts to threads

Comment

PT must be turning over quite a little profit to be so keen to save it's little RM promoting business.

Comment

What I can't stand about Phil's Blogs are how he's always big noting about who he's been spending time with.

I don't give a rat's bottom if he's been to Jamie McIntyre's bday party - or met Donny Trump.

Jamie is just a regular guy - no big deal...

Erika
                        Last edited by rueben; 25-10-2006, 05:16 PM.

Comment

You're funny Paul. Why quote the Bible, wrongly in this case, and then label it fiction?? Why quote it at all?
                          For your edification it was actually David who had the mentor, God. God told David not to fear his larger opponent but defeat him, so he did. That is historical fact, not fiction.
                          BTW it was David's courage and integrity that counted. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by pooomba View Post
                            You're funny Paul. Why quote the Bible, wrongly in this case, and then label it fiction?? Why quote it at all?
                            For your edification it was actually David who had the mentor, God. God told David not to fear his larger opponent but defeat him, so he did. That is historical fact, not fiction.
                            BTW it was David's courage and integrity that counted.
                            I think you're both slightly amiss. It's mythology, intended
                            to inspire and encourage and in so doing, may well escape
                            both 'fiction' or 'fact' labels.

Comment

Hi Perry. God is no myth. I'd be dead without Him. His life, death on the cross and resurrection are all easily proven historically. No myths!!

Comment

Working...
                              X