No announcement yet.

Revealing Article on Housing Scarcity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think vacancies are very suburb specific also. I don't know any PM's with vacant homes and no tenants.
    And in my recent HNZ dealings with my foster son I think a huge amount of emergency homeless have self inflicted wounds. Druggies, irresponsible and often mental health issues.

Comment

Agreed.
      Lots of applicants you would not want to house in your dog kennel.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
        Are all those 3600 properties advertised empty or about to be empty?
        I wonder how many are empty verses how much rearranging people between the properties happens.
        Can't know for sure, but if owners or PMs are paying to advertise vacancies, then spending time fielding enquiries, it's reasonable to assume most are available, or soon will be.

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post
          Can't know for sure, but if owners or PMs are paying to advertise vacancies, then spending time fielding enquiries, it's reasonable to assume most are available, or soon will be.
          My point is that having 3600 houses advertised on TM now doesn't mean, if filled tommorrow, there would be 3600 more families housed.
          A large number of those 3600 houses will result is people moving from A to B, A become vacant and someone moves from C to A and C is now vacant.

Comment

Hamilton motel gets more than $200,000 from taxpayer
            9 June 20-17

I did wonder about the choice of words.

When the item makes the gummint look good, the money comes from the gummint.

When the item makes the gummint look bad, the money comes from the taxpayer.

Of course, it all ultimately comes from the taxpayer, but the greater percentage of NZ voters don't seem to know that..

Comment

Of course, it all ultimately comes from the taxpayer, but the greater percentage of NZ voters don't seem to know that..
              Well around 50% of earners pay no effective tax i.e. they pay tax but then get it all back via various benefits. So in some ways they do get a bunch of free money from the 'government'. Really it's the top tax payers who pay for everything.
              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
              X