Kerry Buddle - Mortgage Broker ripped off clients $1.8m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Neillgroup,

You can't just ask a direct question. You have to surround your request with delicate prose and warming introductions.

I'm not a moderator. I've just come to learn this in time.

Thank you so much, and all the best in tracking down your target. I sincerely hope she gets what she deserves, although I can't help but wonder why people were idiotically burned by this woman after other high-profile rip-offs hit the headlines over recent years. You'd think people would learn. Are they living in a cave?

Comment

My theory is NZ is a small place with many people not travelling beyond Australia and when they do it's on package tours so they are just not worldly wise - they may also spend their time watching the reality tv and not actually learning about what is going on around them....and there's the "it won't happen to me" ignorance too.

Unfortunately this leaves us wide open to scammers, fraudsters on a large and small scale. Times are tough for many and risks are being taken. This situation with Kerry is interesting insofar as it's absolutely not clear what she can be charged with - the victims signed the paperwork for the loans - and the lenders therefore go to them to get their $$ back. So accumulatively Kerry has allegedly gotten $millions however it may be that she is charged for falsifying loan documents on a very small loan with a minor penalty to match and if this is the net result what message is it sending to others? The risk is worth it?

Cheers,

Donna
      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Worldy-wise/travel has far less to do with it than (as you say) sitting in front of the idiot-box watching reality TV / Shortland St and any number of moronic programs, actively choosing to ignore the news. These scams have been occuring in NZ right under their collective noses. A fool and their money, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by donna
          Times are tough for many and risks are being taken
          That's true. I've noticed a big upturn in "money spinning" ideas/events/scams over the last couple of years. The knives are out!

"I am not shifting blame, but it takes two to tango.
          If you want to keep your money in your pocket,
          you have to keep your brains about it."
          That quote from her Father is amazing. He's saying that if you're gullible, you deserve to get ripped off. Sociopaths like these two project responsibility onto others and try to make it sound like they are doing their victims a favour by teaching them a lesson.
          You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

They should spend a day with us, it is an eye opener for many. Neillgroup.com

Comment

Who should, neill? Can you expand on that?

Comment

Originally posted by neillgroup View Post
                They should spend a day with us, it is an eye opener for many. Neillgroup.com
                Do you provide coffee and donuts on the stakeout?

Comment

Buddle Charged With Fraud
                  09/08/2011
                  Beleaguered former Kapiti mortgage broker Kerry Buddle is applying for
                  legal aid to defend fraud charges. Kerry Lynette Buddle, 31, of Mana,
                  appeared in Lower Hutt District Court this morning charged with two
                  counts of obtaining accommodation by deception.

Comment

Try Not To Die Laughing

Buddle: 'Call Off Lawyers And You'll Be Repaid'
                    (aka calling all suckers. Again!)
                    09/08/2011
                    Kay Blundell
                    A former Kapiti mortgage broker being investigated by police says
                    a new business she is representing is "snowballing" and she wants to
                    pay back clients within a year.

Ms Buddle, who used to drive a yellow Dodge, said yesterday that she
                    was working as one of two New Zealand agents pioneering sales of
                    United States-manufactured product Xtreme Fuel Treatment.
                    Magnetised fuel pipes? Even Dillbrain Anderton fell for that one.
                    Run your car on bubbling-gas-water, perhaps?
                    Something else?

Comment

A yellow Dodge. Ha! Oh the irony. Or is it a metaphor to her behaviour? Or a pun.

Who cares. It's funny anyway.

Comment

Is it known yet how she spent the $$?

Comment

I'm guessing clothes, make-up, fags and booze.
                          You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

The new business

It seems that the new business may not be all it is alledged to be.

Not sure if it will recoup the money alledgedly owed.

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
                              I'm guessing clothes, make-up, fags and booze.
                              My guess is chocolate, donuts and wine.

Comment

I reckon it's stashed in an offshore account for future use....it's too much dosh for usual living stuff.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Working...
                                X