Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deception leaves clues ...

Originally posted by whitt View Post
    does that mean busylizzy can see Ip address and we have a duplicate user??
    I’m not a geek’s armpit Whitt, but there are other clues. I know from my (strictly ‘Learner’s plate’) admin role at thePaepae.com that people commenting and posting leave a trail. It’s amazing how much spam (oops, sorry, ‘internet marketing’) even my humble lil’ blog attracts.

For instance, someone attempted to post the original muddled message that started this thread as a comment on my 8th August post on thePaepae.com about Kieran’s vent/infomercial: Kieran Trass: “I was lied to by ‘locusts’ ”.
    They entered a user name NZPG and an email address [email protected] (… implying NZ Property Gurus, yes?)

The only trouble is, a quick whois search shows the nzpg.com domain is owned by a guy called Andrteas (sic) Wolf from Rudolstadt, Germany — and as far as I can see he’s nothing to do with Dean Letfus and Shaun Stenning, the NZ Property Gurus … um … er … business operators (whatever).

So, why be misleading? It reminded me of Kieran Trass’s accusation: ‘False pretences’… which is what led me to think it was a prank or a spoof.

Because deceptive bullshit like that is unwelcome on my blog, I didn’t approve the comment (Ah, the power, Igor!) … which, I guess prompted the artist formerly known as ‘New Zealand Property Guru’ to make his remark here about ‘undue moderation’ ... implying, don't you think, that he/she posted the comment to thePaepae.com and knew it hadn't passed muster.

My point is: people playing ducks and drakes leave clues — not necessarily IP address based.

I have only one log-in and identity for PT — this one. When I joined PT in 2003 I used PeterEmpowerEd as my user name so as to be transparent about who I am, not to shove marketing down people’s throats. I’ve discussed that before.

So I have no problem taking Lisa’s hint. Thanks. Gotcha. A nod is as good as a wink.

Peter Aranyi
    Blog: www.thePaepae.com
    Peter Aranyi
    Blog: www.ThePaepae.com

Comment

"Rocking"

Thats all I will say.

Comment

If Kelvin Trauss was so good he wood be at propertyguru only the best r there professsionals who r the best at wat they do they no property to sell to buy why else r they sold out all the time ?
        may be jealously by Trauss ?

Comment

Originally posted by blub View Post
          If Kelvin Trauss was so good he wood be at propertyguru only the best r there professsionals who r the best at wat they do they no property to sell to buy why else r they sold out all the time ?
          Lol... thats some alias guy r pretending to talk r unedumicated like, but r does the handle "Blub" r give it away ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
            Lol... thats some alias guy r pretending to talk r unedumicated like, but r does the handle "Blub" r give it away ?
            He's a fast learner though, his next 3 posts are in more regular english.
            Charging enough rent?
            NZ Scams to Avoid
            Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that

Comment

Originally posted by halfempty View Post
                I don't mean to go on about it but the New Zealand Property Gurus events were 2 day events in Christchurch and Auckland on a weekend, so they can't have been 2 days apart.

This is correct were both great events

Comment

He had less difficulty in Kieran's name in this post:

Being accused falsely can be highly destructive to your emotional health and relationships, Thanks to Kieren Trass for revealing the sinsiter side to this whole issue.
                  Lisa

Comment

If Kelvin Trauss was so good he wood be at propertyguru
                    This is correct were both great events
                    You do know he was one of the presenters at the event you were (apparently) at, right?

Comment

How's that line go?
                      Never put down to conspiracy, that
                      which can be explained by stupidity.

Comment

Aha, its one of Exnzpat's alter ego's.

Thanks for clearing that up Perry.
                        Last edited by Perry; 23-08-2010, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xav View Post
                          You do know he was one of the presenters at the event you were (apparently) at, right?

He is a nice guy even though he is not a christian but a buddist but nzpropertygurus decdided he was not good enough to represent nzpropetygurus that is their decision and I back them because they r trusted in the community and have traded 1 billion dollars property has Trass traded 1 billlion dollars property ? when he has maybe he will speak at nzpropertygurus again
                          Last edited by donna; 23-08-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

It is possible - blub - that you under
                            estimate the intelligence of many of
                            the more erudite posters, here.

Comment

DFTB.......even though it's hilarious to watch.

Comment

But it's so fun

Comment

Working...
                                X