No announcement yet.

Councils Holding the Country to Ransom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TLL, I do have some hippie leanings actually. I'm a donator to several animal welfare organisations (including SAFE which is in the papers this morning) and do volunteer work for one too.

And I'm a green capitalist I guess. I was very heartened to hear Jeremy what's his name from IceBreaker on the Q&A program on Sunday. He's got a company with revenues of $120m a year, but has fairly green views. The 2 things, business and the environment are becoming more compatible (perhaps more than compatible? Necessary?) as time goes by.

And I do think it's a shame that people can't do what they want to do on their own land. You can't even dig your own long drop dunny these days. The little men and women with their rule books are everywhere and they'll catch you and fine you! For your own good of course...

We do need a building code of course because otherwise every time there is an earthquake, it'd be like watching what happens in places like Turkey and Iran or Haiti, where everything just falls down and heaps of people die. Or when a fire breaks out in a nightclub in somewhere like Thailand and again heaps of people die because there's not proper fire regulations.

But here in NZ it's just way OTT. You can't fart without planning consent.
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Even the Brits are finally realising it's gone too far.

Prime Minister David Cameron has backed proposed reforms to safety laws - including forcing councils to pay compensation for wrongly cancelling events on health and safety grounds.
      The reforms, in a report by Lord Young, also include a crackdown on personal injury ads and cuts to red tape.

David Cameron backs a proposed shake-up of health and safety laws - including forcing councils to pay compensation for wrongly cancelling events.

Comment

You can't fart without planning consent
        It's all those lentils.

Comment

some of the oldest writing? in existence is the Babylonian code of hammurabi

which as well as listing interest rates also seems to include most? of the ten commandments

but it also has this gem

If a builder builds a house for someone, and does not construct it properly, and the house which he built falls in and kills its owner, then the builder shall be put to death.(Another variant of this is, If the owner's son dies, then the builder's son shall be put to death.)

so yes, i also think building codes are important, and have long been

have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
            TLL, I do have some hippie leanings actually. I'm a donator to several animal welfare organisations (including SAFE which is in the papers this morning) and do volunteer work for one too.

And I'm a green capitalist I guess. I was very heartened to hear Jeremy what's his name from IceBreaker on the Q&A program on Sunday. He's got a company with revenues of $120m a year, but has fairly green views. The 2 things, business and the environment are becoming more compatible (perhaps more than compatible? Necessary?) as time goes by.

And I do think it's a shame that people can't do what they want to do on their own land. You can't even dig your own long drop dunny these days. The little men and women with their rule books are everywhere and they'll catch you and fine you! For your own good of course...

We do need a building code of course because otherwise every time there is an earthquake, it'd be like watching what happens in places like Turkey and Iran or Haiti, where everything just falls down and heaps of people die. Or when a fire breaks out in a nightclub in somewhere like Thailand and again heaps of people die because there's not proper fire regulations.

But here in NZ it's just way OTT. You can't fart without planning consent.
            Hippie or not it's better to learn from natures point of view, remember natures job is to control the population regardless. While you talk about those disasters killing so many, realise this is how nature must fix the lack of population control. Regardless of what is done to make people live longer, the fact is the junk thats toxic filled these days is only going to hurry up fatal disease killing everyone faster especially the younger worst of all as their immunity is the failure of their parents ignorance passed on (ignorant fools call this inherited). Turkey, Iran, Haiti and Thailand are all better off than us as they don't have as much crap in their food and they lack the lazy lifestyle thats running the top countries people into graves so much faster.
            As for doing what we like with out property; whose property was that? Council obviously think they own all property instead and to fix this whats need is sacking all the managers of every council department firstly so as to clear out all the mongrels pocketing backhanders to control ripping all property owners off.
            It's clearly time a decent person wanting an edge into politics, groups with like minded people to form the Clean True Local Government Party and gets a petition out to have all the rules like Councils stealing from peoples bank accounts as they know they'd loose a court battle with their scams. The people of this country need to stand up and fix the mess that a over-beuracratic mob have badly stuffed up and removing a heaps of them from the upper deck would rapidly make them learn to respect the people that vote the council thus pay council workersw wages!

Comment

Council Staff Stealing a Bit More than Usual

Council staff step outside their normal stealing ways into actually steal from ratepayers:

Council workers charged in $840k corruption case

The Serious Fraud Office has announced that two North Shore City Council workers have been charged in a $840,000 corruption case.
              Hemant Kumar Maharaj, 57, and Suresh Din, 56, both of Auckland, have had more than 300 charges laid against them, with the SFO saying they used 151 invoices in a dishonest scheme to obtain over $840,000 from the Council.
              Maharaj and Din are jointly charged with 73 counts of using a document with intent to defraud and 78 counts of dishonestly using a document over a period of approximately 10 years.
              Maharaj has also been charged with two counts of attempting to pervert the course of justice in relation to the alleged alteration and provision of a diary and the alleged creation of a receipt book.

Source
              Last edited by donna; 21-03-2019, 12:13 PM.
              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Already the Auckland Supercity Council is saying "this is something that we inherited from the previous North Shore Council".

This is shorthand for "no-one now here is responsible, and none of us will be in any way punished for allowing this scam".

Comment

The buck stopped where? Look at Glenn's
                  post. How much do these people, from the
                  CC-challenged Minister down, get paid to
                  make such muck-ups?

Comment

in retrospect it looks like if the pike river coal was ever going to be mined it should have been open cut, it's not far down and it would have been a whole lot safer from the very start. of course the greenies would NEVER allow an open cut mine so it didn't happen

lets hope no one gets washed up on the coast where abramov is trying, without much luck, to get a natural coloured concrete path put over rocks

certainly would make it easier to get a rescue zodiac there but of course it isn't completely "natural"

like "death"

Latest breaking news articles, photos, video, blogs, reviews, analysis, opinion and reader comment from New Zealand and around the World - NZ Herald
                    have you defeated them?
                    your demons

Comment

• Nothing un-natural about death.
                      Without it, there could be no life.

Comment

• Yeah, while we're at it lets concrete all the rocks in at Piha...think of all the fishermen we'd save.

People come to NZ for it's areas of natural beauty and then want to concrete our coastline.....give me strength.

Comment

• Would you like that strength to
                          be reinforced or rapid-hardening?

Comment

• There is nothing much rapid happening here I'm afraid, especially that.

I'll just pop out for some Adiabatic Curing on my way to the pub; hoping to avoid some Drying Shrinkage on the way home.

SB

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                              Yeah, while we're at it lets concrete all the rocks in at Piha...think of all the fishermen we'd save.

People come to NZ for it's areas of natural beauty and then want to concrete our coastline.....give me strength.
                              the Northland Regional Council is recommending it be approved, provided the path and pontoon blend with the local environment....The 230m path would hug a cliff base, be big enough to accommodate a quad bike and be coloured and textured to match the rocks.

if we were concerned about tourists wants we could remove all the roads in nz and fill it with hobbits and horse carts

the point is in adding value and in this case it will cost rate payers nothing

but what's happening is DoC and the Historic Places Trust saying

"we don't want it

so you can't have it"

DoC would probably ban all cats and dogs in nz if they could...
                              Last edited by eri; 26-11-2010, 07:48 PM.
                              have you defeated them?
                              your demons

Comment

• eri

I am not talking about tourists and roads, but people that want to concrete our coastline for this....

It would allow access to a gamefishing launch at the pontoon during the owner's twice-yearly visits to the property.

Comment

Working...
                                X