Header Ad Module

Collapse

Tax on sale of Rental Property

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lodestar
    Freshie
    • Dec 2005
    • 8

    #1

    Tax on sale of Rental Property

    I had sold a rental property in March this year under my LTC. I had this property for over 5 years. Do I need to inform IRD for this sales and the capital gain I have? Please adivse what I should do. This was my only rental property. Thank you.
  • donna
    Administrator
    • Aug 2003
    • 10072

    #2
    Get a property accountant like GRA.

    Plus read up on capital gains tax etc. It’s all about your intention as well as the bright line test.

    cheers

    Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


    BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

    Comment

    • BlueSky
      Forum Junkie
      • Feb 2013
      • 458

      #3
      Originally posted by donna View Post
      Get a property accountant like GRA.

      Plus read up on capital gains tax etc. It’s all about your intention as well as the bright line test.

      cheers

      Donna

      They are a bit too expensive for a single property - a good property account should be able to know


      They are good in all matters of tax but unfortunately bit too expensive - you think with all the efficiencies it will be getting cheaper


      Comment

      • BlueSky
        Forum Junkie
        • Feb 2013
        • 458

        #4
        Originally posted by Lodestar View Post
        I had sold a rental property in March this year under my LTC. I had this property for over 5 years. Do I need to inform IRD for this sales and the capital gain I have? Please adivse what I should do. This was my only rental property. Thank you.

        There are two things you cannot avoid
        death and Taxes and guess what IRD has all systems linked money -- cash cow for this Lab govt to pay for all their mistakes


        Comment

        • BlueSky
          Forum Junkie
          • Feb 2013
          • 458

          #5
          This website is now very annoying, while posting it continuously is asking for password despite already signed in.

          Comment

          • Perry
            Geriatric
            • Sep 2004
            • 16861

            #6
            That would be very annoying. If no other PT forumite is having that problem, try another web browser, in case your present one has indigestion.

            Comment

            • donna
              Administrator
              • Aug 2003
              • 10072

              #7
              Originally posted by BlueSky View Post
              This website is now very annoying, while posting it continuously is asking for password despite already signed in.
              Plus check for software updates. I use Chrome and Safari.

              cheers

              Donna
              Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


              BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

              Comment

              Working...