Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    Why would it need to be 'repegged'?
    If it is established that the current pegs are in the correct position then they are in the correct position.

In the case in this thread it is more about what constitutes a reasonable fence under the act.
    2m is probably a bit high to force but 1.8m has always been the 'normal' fence in a suburban environment.
    Why would someone want a 1.6m high fence? I don't know the situation but it sounds like it is along a ROW on one side side what would the height matter to those using the drive?
    The fellow is strange he claims it feels like he is driving through a "tunnel" when he goes down the drive . At 1.6M he seems to think the "imaginary tunnel" effect will disappear. I drove down the drive myself and my vehicle sits lower than his ,i could not comprehend his "tunnel vision"..lol..The same guy helped build a 1.8M fence for the other side of the drive with the owner of that property..He gave a labour contribution to that by removing the old fence . When i asked him why did he not raise objection at the time regarding that reconstructed fences height at 1.8M ,he said "I did but it was too late and i didnt play a part in the construction".
    Is there a club that he can join?

Reagrding building a shed on the boundary line, my understanding is this can be done with consent from the neighbour.
    Last edited by mrsaneperson; 01-12-2014, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
      The fellow is strange he claims it feels like he is driving through a "tunnel" when he goes down the drive .
      I can only presume that there were no fences when he purchased his property and he was away when all fences were built in the past.
      If it feels like a tunnel maybe he will toot his horn everytime he goes through. My dad used to when I was a kid.

Comment

Tell him he may find some light
        at the end of his tunnel!

Comment

Talking of 'lights' our neighbour has put lighting on our 'shared' fence. Our property's boundary is on a shared driveway - I wanted a fence so I paid for the materials and a labourer and one property owner (two share the driveway) did the rest - he got his 'boys' to build it.

...maybe the answer is in lighting mrsaneperson?

cheers,

Donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

An illuminated tunnel?! What a good idea.
            I have noted that many cities do just that.

Comment

I will put it to him, lol..

Comment

Wow, an unfortunate and unsurprising consequence of inflating property prices. People get all precious and argumentative with their neighbors.

I suggest some people get together over a peace pipe.
                Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 02-12-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

The latest trend is to hold one's breath when going thru a tunnel. Is it quite a long drive?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelNZ View Post
                    Wow, an unfortunate and unsurprising consequence of inflating property prices. People get all precious and argumentative with their neighbors.

Im struggling to see what rising prices have to do with a disagreement over a fence?

Comment

Originally posted by Maccachic View Post
                      Im struggling to see what rising prices have to do with a disagreement over a fence?
                      Um, never seen or heard of the sort of neighborly fights that happen in wealthier areas?

Comment

Fencing arguements have been going on for years and have nothing to do with property prices.

Comment

Fencing arguements have been going on for years and have nothing to do with property prices.
                          Sure, but more people will get even more precious about things now.

Comment

Sure, but more people will get even more precious about things now.
                            No more than the last time the values showed a jump.
                            You are drawing a parallel where there isn't one.

Comment

No more than the last time the values showed a jump.
                              You are drawing a parallel where there isn't one.
                              Well, whatever the case, they should be locked in a room together and they're not coming out until they have sorted out their differences. Or better still not have a fence seeing it's causing them so much anxiety (and separation).
                              Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 03-12-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Well, whatever the case, they should be locked in a room together and they're not coming out until they have sorted out their differences.
                                That seems like an easy option but I have found others are often not willing to negotiate or compromise.
                                The adopt a ridgid position and won't change it even if it is in their favour - I think they think it makes them look weak if they back down at all.

I have been in a number of fencing disputes over the years and usually compromise more than half way just to get it done.
                                The last major one was really funny and I ended up giving them the fence for Xmas.
                                I only needed to build half the fence at the time so that is all I built straight away.
                                The rest was to be build before they moved in in April.
                                They got ahead of schedule and wanted it built earlier. I said I would do it by April (it wasn't on my critical path - I had other bits of the house to build).
                                So they got it built and I paid half the materials I would have purchased.
                                In the end I won big time and it cost them heaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X