Header Ad Module

Collapse

Accountants slam IRD allowance change

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • essence
    Fanatical
    • May 2004
    • 3578

    #1

    Accountants slam IRD allowance change

    07/12/2012

    The Institute of Chartered Accountants (NZICA) has joined the chorus of dismay over the Inland Revenue Department's decision to retrospectively tax accommodation allowances.
    Source
    Patience is a virtue.
  • artemis
    Fanatical
    • May 2004
    • 3102

    #2
    I heard IRD say on the radio that there is no change to the rules, it is a clarification only.

    Comment

    • Perry
      Geriatric
      • Sep 2004
      • 16861

      #3
      I wonder which source is correct?

      Comment

      • Keys
        Fanatical
        • Nov 2006
        • 6062

        #4
        The backdating bit !
        https://www.propertytalk.com/forum/i...ilies/lock.gif

        Comment

        • buxlo122
          Forum Junkie
          • Apr 2010
          • 311

          #5
          Originally posted by artemis View Post
          I heard IRD say on the radio that there is no change to the rules, it is a clarification only.
          It's not a clarification, it is a reversal of previous IRD positions so the can squeeze more tax dollars out of the public.

          If the government need more tax dollars they should increase tax rates not come up with stupid ideas that punish a few people.
          NZ Tax fixed fee accounting, we are an online accounting practice. Our integration with Xero and our unique approach provides provides superior value to our clients.

          Comment

          • spaceman
            Banned
            • Feb 2004
            • 2817

            #6
            Here is some "inside" info that I got....
            I just looked into your question regarding what prompted the retrospective accommodation benefit to come out - it was the work from Inland Revenue’s Crown Department pertaining to ministerial allowances.

            I think that makes me all for it!!!!

            Cheers
            spaceman

            Comment

            • buxlo122
              Forum Junkie
              • Apr 2010
              • 311

              #7
              Originally posted by spaceman View Post
              Here is some "inside" info that I got....


              I think that makes me all for it!!!!

              Cheers
              spaceman
              Yea but it will be the employers paying for it not the employees. So would not affect the MPs.
              NZ Tax fixed fee accounting, we are an online accounting practice. Our integration with Xero and our unique approach provides provides superior value to our clients.

              Comment

              • Perry
                Geriatric
                • Sep 2004
                • 16861

                #8
                And who employs the MPs?

                Comment

                Working...