• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They look pretty good!

Comment

• Originally posted by propertynewb View Post
      Refix @ 63% LVR
      Did you happen to have your owner occupied with BNZ as well?

Anyway, I surely was not that special and the only discount I got was 5.06% (instead of the advertised 5.09%) for 3 years.
      www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
      # Property Management
      # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

• Just got another small loan with Westpac >> 1yr fixed 4.49% ....told her of great BNZ rates ..her reply "Oh that's BNZ trying to build up their loan book after falling behind the rest of the big 3 ANZ,WP,ASB) LOL

Comment

• Hi Everyone

What fixed term rates have people been getting lately over the different terms? I have small loan coming off $75k that I would like to refix on an investment property.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Shop around as rates are coming down at the moment.
            Both long term (fed raises slowing and trump a fizzle) and short term (OCR low for longer).

Comment

• Was offered 5.29% for 5 years, 4.45% for 2 years and 5.15% floating

Comment

• My recent re-fix with ANZ, for about $50k:

1 yr - 4.35%
                18 m - 4.5%
                2 yr - 4.65%

Comment

• From here we expect further tightening of lending criteria,
                  some easing in net migration inflows,
                  little movement in interest rates,
                  but continued strong economic and jobs growth."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/968...-find-new-jobs
                  have you defeated them?
                  your demons

Comment

• First time poster here, I am due to re-fix my $230k mortgage in October, what are the best 2 and 3 year rates that people are receiving?

Comment

• Who offered you these rates Soltek?

Comment

• Hi, have a rental mortgage coming off fixed term in a fortnight, I have been offered:
                        4.39% fixed for 18 months and 4.45% fixed for 2 years
                        on $140,000 any opinions?
                        Not sure if the election outcome will make any difference in the short term

Comment

• Lots of fish hooks in the offer of 3.87% from HSBC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jono_L View Post
                            Who offered you these rates Soltek?
                            Sorry for the delay. Westpac

Comment

• the economist on how to deal with overly high asset prices and low interest rates

the main safety valve lies elsewhere, with banks and investors.
                              Bitter experience has shown that debt-funded assets can magnify losses, causing financial crises.
                              (like housing)

For this reason banks must be able to withstand any reversal of today’s high asset prices and low defaults.
                              That means raising bank capital in places where it is too low, especially the euro zone,
                              (and NZ)

In the end, however, there may be no escape for investors from the low future returns and even losses that high asset prices imply.

They and regulators should take a leaf out of “The intelligent Investor”, and make sure that they have a margin of safety.

so NZ banks are building buffers for the net downturn

as are prudent NZ investors, and the next gov. should do too, by paying down debt and not spending up

https://www.economist.com/news/leade...set-prices-are
                              Last edited by cube; 07-10-2017, 11:47 AM.
                              have you defeated them?
                              your demons

Comment

• Was just thinking how at the start of the year everyone was saying how interest rates are going to go up.

They basically haven't changed all year as far as I can see.
                                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                                X