No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right, bloody banks! Have been with them for 9 years with this property and havent missed a payment, that is the thanks we get! Im looking elsewhere.
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
      Right, bloody banks! Have been with them for 9 years with this property and havent missed a payment, that is the thanks we get! Im looking elsewhere.
      Banks treat new customers better than existing ones... ie they give better rates to new customers than existing ones re-fixing...

Money is the only loyalty worth getting!

Comment

• Yes im starting to realise that with lending. Guess you sometimes have to be thankfull they are lending you the money at all��

Comment

Yes im starting to realise that with lending. Guess you sometimes have to be thankfull they are lending you the money at all��
          The Red Bank gets stingy with its term deposit rate offers, and that is on top of its tough interest-payment arrangements

Given Westpac is not wanting more local deposits, I say they probably got enough lending business this month, and don't want much more business until June!

I'm getting rates for my new purchase today or monday, so I can give you some fresh rates soon!

Comment

• Hated Westpac were not user friendly moved to BNZ and have got good rates since small loan just fixed at 4.99 for 5 years good equity tho. Will move my rental load that way at some stage too but its a bit more complicated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
              http://www.interest.co.nz/news/75630...terest-payment

Given Westpac is not wanting more local deposits, I say they probably got enough lending business this month, and don't want much more business until June!

I'm getting rates for my new purchase today or monday, so I can give you some fresh rates soon!
              Thanks, would be interested to know the numbers, would like to know what the banks are offering are fair and just.

FH

Comment

• Originally posted by Maccachic View Post
                Hated Westpac were not user friendly moved to BNZ and have got good rates since small loan just fixed at 4.99 for 5 years good equity tho. Will move my rental load that way at some stage too but its a bit more complicated.
                4.99 is a great rate over 5 years, would be happy with something close to this.

FH

Comment

• Bloody banks

Well I'm still working !!! with the banks on trying to re-finance

50% LVR 550k loan in total 90k+ p.a income ...

with ANZ currently best they could offer 5.3% 6 months fixed ..I said not good enough ,,,,so talked with BNZ $3500 + 5.1% well that was what I was told for the first few days but as 150k of the loaned funds is in the sharemarket within a company..the BNZ Business women stated I must pay 6.7% on that loan..(never in the previous several years had I had to pay anything higher than residential rates)...so no go with BNZ will find out what Westpac can offer on monday talk round 5.1% 3k cash but must fix for 2yrs ...

last time I went to ASB they didn't even offer any cash or a great rate 50% LVR ??...I know 90k isn't huge income but even with two kids we don't have a issue paying interest ...might have to change bankers ...now this is a complete sexist comment but seem to always have more issues with bankers of the fairer sex more strict ?

Comment

• The Opening Bell: Where currencies start on Monday, May 25, 2015

The Fed now believe that the labour market is "approaching full strength," and unemployment should fall to near 5 percent by the end of the year.

Yellen went on to state, "delaying action to tighten monetary policy until employment and inflation are already back to our objectives would risk overheating the economy,"

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                      The Opening Bell: Where currencies start on Monday, May 25, 2015

http://www.interest.co.nz/currencies...ay-may-25-2015
                      What does this mean for New Zealand interest rate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge View Post
                        What does this mean for New Zealand interest rate?
                        My guess.

If the Fed starts raising their rate, it would make an OCR drop here less likely.

Comment

• 27 May 2015 prediction here.

Auckland House Price 'fire' Means No Rate Cuts Until 2017: NZIER

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                            Really?

I think market reaction so far is rate cut coming soon.

Comment

Thanks, would be interested to know the numbers, would like to know what the banks are offering are fair and just.

FH
                              5.3% @ 6 months

5.2% @ 1 year

Wespac sucks

Comment

• Broker just got back to us yesterday, Finally Wespac have offered us 5.5% on 121k, still not 5.39 like ASB but we think we may as well take it, old rate was 6.39%.

But as you say Wespac do not want to negotiate, had to hound them for that rate.

FH

Comment

Working...
                                X