No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The government is pretty keen on stopping a housing bubble...
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• The government has substantially raised taxes on tenants with removal of depreciation, ring fencing of losses and 15% GST.
      Now they seem more and more desperate to counter the "unexpected" consequences.

What's the bet the "solution" will be worse than the problem they have created?
      The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC View Post
        The government has substantially raised taxes on tenants with removal of depreciation, ring fencing of losses and 15% GST.
        Now they seem more and more desperate to counter the "unexpected" consequences.
        Significantly this is a LVR statement from the RBNZ.
        Steadying the influence of higher risk loans on our banks is their priority.
        Last edited by speights boy; 21-05-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC View Post
          . . . ring fencing of losses . . .
          I must've missed something. What's that about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
            The government is pretty keen on stopping a housing bubble...
            Wish your Avatar would sit still

Well I finally got my CCC Davo, so at least thats dead and buried.

Comment

• LTC rules that replace LAQC.

The amount of deduction an owner can use is limited to their
              “owner’s basis,” which is the adjusted tax value of their investment
              in the LTC.

Mixed use assets - Bache - even more arbitrary rules.
              All good for keeping accountants employed.
              The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

• So that applies to LTCs but may
                not apply to other entities?

Comment

• ANZ's latest 1-year deal, competitive to say the least... http://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article...year-rate.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ithink View Post
                    ANZ's latest 1-year deal, competitive to say the least... http://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article...year-rate.html
                    Really - Westpac just offered 5.89% to me for 1 yr. Working on a better long term rate though - time to fix a little long (3-5 yrs), not all - maybe just 20% for now.

Comment

• Look at this line from that article:

Other customerswill face an increase in the one-year rate, from 5.19% to 5.25%
                      So they get all lovey dovey with new customers, and crap on their existing customers. Why on earth?
                      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• So other banks can offer a new/transferring
                        customer a similar deal. Churn, churn, churn.

Comment

• Kiwibank 1 year Home Loan Rate Down to 4.89%

There we go, I think that all the 1 year rates will now start coming down to around this level. I hear the warning bells ringing as well though!

Comment

• Originally posted by ithink View Post
                            Kiwibank 1 year Home Loan Rate Down to 4.89%

There we go, I think that all the 1 year rates will now start coming down to around this level. I hear the warning bells ringing as well though!
                            Warning that longer term rates will also come down you mean

Comment

• 5 year swap rate is at its highest in 14 months.

Kiwibank raises four and five year home loan rates as wholesale costs rise, yield curves steepen
                              Kiwibank has advised that it is raising fixed mortgage rates for its four and five year terms.
                              The increases are effective Monday, June 17, 2013.
                              www.interest.co.nz/news/64937/kiwibank-raises-four-and-five-year-home-loan-rates-wholesale-costs-rise-yield-curves-stee

Comment

• could be in for a rise soon

Comment

Working...
                                X