No announcement yet.

Round Taupo and Bike The Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have done a reasonable amount of training this year, but almost all of it on my indoor wind trainer due the BLOODY AUCKLAND WEATHER and the issues sarahk notes. I was going to do the Coromandel K2 as well but I woke up one morning and realised I am not Lance Armstrong, so thats all off !!!!! Not sure how things are panning out for me for taupo yet, training-wise its not an issue, but there are other issues playing up at the mo !!!

Comment

• Hi all you sports fans, I know this idea of PT sponsorship and getting together etc seems to have died off this year, but was just wondering how everyone's training is going if you are still doing these events? Rotorua is just over 2 weeks away now, I am doing it, along with Taupo. Will keep an eye out for any PT'ers along the ride !!!!

I did the 100k Puke ride last Sunday, not a bad ride.

Hows the Enduro training going Superdad ??

Comment

• I've bombed out of both <sob> to focus on tris

next winter I'll be able to get those long rides in!
        Charging enough rent?
        NZ Scams to Avoid
        Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

• Is there anyone riding this year? We have dropped the ball somewhat on this event - working more hours than usual and it's an event where there needs to be a fair bit of dedication to training hours.

We are happy to donate some $$ to the charity.

This Christmas we are keeping our carbon footprint down and instead of traveling around the region for Christmas Meets we will be donating the $$ spent on airfares etc to charity. I very much doubt we will commit to this every year as we do love meeting everyone at Christmas time. It will probably be a one-off commitment but a worthwhile one this year as less people are giving to charity due to recessionary times.

Cheers,

Donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• I'm definately in for next year - if I can get my training regime back to normal. One of our local "Point Pedallers" emailed this out
            Hi all,

My name is Michael and I am one of the guys that come along for rides on the weekend. My son Tadgh is fundraising for Heart Children (he had open heart surgery when he was 10 days old and has had a valve replaced among other things) and he will be riding 10k in Taupo.
            The money raised goes towards supporting all heart children, buying equipment to ease pain etc, so if you can chuck in a dollar or two it would be appreciated.

Enjoy your rides and cheers,
            It's easy to forget that the race has a serious side. My daughter has been in Tadgh's class a few times and when you hear the stories about these kids it makes you very grateful for the help they get. He's a lovely kid.
            Last edited by sarahk; 20-11-2008, 08:55 PM.
            Charging enough rent?
            NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

• Is there a link for donations SarahK? Better put my $$ where my mouth is!

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

• All done - donation made!

Interesting - the website does not allow you to enter in email addresses that are '.com'

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

• I am riding it this year. Rode a personal best in Rotorua last weekend, so hoping for same this year.

What about you Superdad, still doing the Enduro??

Comment

• We have a new team member. Morph lives around the corner from me and is a gun cyclist (and his investing isn't too shoddy either).
                    Charging enough rent?
                    NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

• Good luck to all the cyclists.

Weather looks likely to be good...traffic has started...i'm outta here!

I am leaving town to try to catch a fish.

Sarahd

Comment

• So! How did you guys go?
                        Charging enough rent?
                        NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

• I did 6hrs 5mins this year (last year was 6hrs 02mins - GROAN !!!!)
                          Conditions were great but very hot - much more suited to swimming in the lake as opposed to riding around the damn thing !!!

Its now time to ease up and have a rest from the saddle..................

Comment

• Well done kalovatt - geez just 3 mins off wot a bummer! Still shows your fitness is great - and what an awesome accomplishment.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Working...
                            X