Header Ad Module

Collapse

Sue Tierney - what's the latest?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AMR
    Addicted
    • Dec 2007
    • 886

    #16
    Will this impact negatively on any of the people who got their mortgages through MBD?

    Comment

    • Heg
      Fanatical
      • Jul 2005
      • 1309

      #17
      Can't see how? We used Sue (until this ) but can't see how banks can renege on mortgages just because a broker pulls a stunt...
      Jo Birch
      Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
      +61 450 148 678

      Comment

      • Dean@Massiveaction
        Giving life my best shot
        • Jun 2005
        • 5213

        #18
        No has no effect on loans at all.

        Comment

        • f1speedman
          Opinionated
          • Dec 2006
          • 118

          #19
          Depends if Heg has been watching Coro or not!!

          Comment

          • Dean@Massiveaction
            Giving life my best shot
            • Jun 2005
            • 5213

            #20
            Yep apparently a contractor owed 70 grand, but there was 400K of of other debt.
            Every broker I've asked can't figure out how any broking business could be so badly managed to get nearly half a mil in the red?

            Comment

            • drelly
              Fanatical
              • Jan 2004
              • 5838

              #21
              I expect the creditors will be supplied with a list of debts to the company. Perhaps one of them could enlighten us?
              You can find me at: Energise Web Design

              Comment

              • Mark_B
                Addicted
                • Apr 2004
                • 676

                #22
                Hi Dean

                You seem pretty upset by this.

                M
                Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. Before making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

                Comment

                • donna
                  Administrator
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 10069

                  #23
                  Hi All,

                  I have merged the two seperate threads as requested.

                  Cheers,

                  Donna

                  ....I am learning as I am sure many of us are re. this type of company activity e.g. company gets in debt, not enough assets to pay debt, close company to 'ring fence' debt (umm probably not the correct term), start up new company and continue trading as usual. So I am grateful for this discussion. Let's keep it clean though aye! Thank you.
                  Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


                  BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

                  Comment

                  • Heg
                    Fanatical
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 1309

                    #24
                    Until I get an explanation, then I all I have to go on is what has been reported.Which in my opinion, seems less than honest. However, MBD seem in no hurry to correct the press and let me know their side of the story.....
                    Last edited by Perry; 21-01-2010, 02:53 PM.
                    Jo Birch
                    Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
                    +61 450 148 678

                    Comment

                    • whitt
                      Fanatical
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 3922

                      #25
                      Heres hoping this all is completely innocent and nothing dodgy as some members here have implied.
                      It is painful to watch any legitimate business get burnt, especially if something could be speculation rather than facts.

                      Lets also hope previous RM connections did not have an involvement in the unfortunate debt which seems to be discussed in this thread.

                      Watch what we say untill both sides of the story are clear.

                      Comment

                      • donna
                        Administrator
                        • Aug 2003
                        • 10069

                        #26
                        Umm I beg to differ - there is nothing wrong with commenting on a news article - we are a 'discussion site' and might I add - many of us are guilty of 'shooting from the hip' - prior to making any attempt to clear up the facts first directly. There is enough evidence on the site to support my thoughts - don't you think.

                        Cheers,

                        Donna
                        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


                        BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

                        Comment

                        • muppet
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 10593

                          #27
                          Actually the original posting was made in 2009.
                          Then a newspaper article was published a few days ago.
                          All comment has come about from the newspaper article.

                          Comment

                          • Bob Kane
                            Fanatical
                            • May 2008
                            • 3679

                            #28
                            Originally posted by muppet View Post
                            New company, same name, but the debts are history
                            by Greg Ninness - Sunday Star Times Last updated 05:00 17/01/2010

                            A PROMINENT mortgage broker has liquidated her company and created a new one under the same name, leaving behind a court-ordered debt to a former contractor.
                            Sue Tierney, president of Auckland Property Investors Association and founder of well-known mortgage broker Mortgages by Design, placed her company in liquidation on December 23, two weeks after changing its name to PIN Ltd.
                            http://www.stuff.co.nz/sunday-star-t...ts-are-history
                            If Sue wants to be president of Auckland Property Investors Association then she needs to lead by example. Investors get enough bad press as it is.
                            If there's a simple explanation then let's hear it.
                            I wouldn't want a politician to use this as an excuse to introduce some tax rule changes for property investors.
                            If Sue doesn't want to comment then she should step down as president.

                            Comment

                            • drelly
                              Fanatical
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 5838

                              #29
                              Hey Peter,

                              You said you'd spoken to her... so what is the story from the horse's mouth?
                              You can find me at: Energise Web Design

                              Comment

                              • PeterEmpowerEd
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 725

                                #30
                                Originally posted by drelly View Post
                                Hey Peter,
                                You said you'd spoken to her... so what is the story from the horse's mouth?
                                It's not my place to say, Dave.

                                Frankly, I don't think Sue is accountable to us on PT.
                                How she handles the PR fallout from the end of the litigation etc is her business. (Likewise her role in APIA.)

                                I merely spoke up in the face of what I saw as unfairness in some of the 'discussion' here.

                                Cheers,
                                Peter Aranyi
                                Blog: www.ThePaepae.com

                                Comment

                                Working...