Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Marketing Consultants - suddenly there are so many....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are called twits Perry, not twitterers.

Comment

• That twitter positivity formula must not be overly accurate, i have been following P.Diddy for some time and he is extremely positive and motivating and also amazingly good at using Twitter to further his own business interests in an entertaining and fun way.

Comment

• Hilarious! --Steven Fry (100,000 followers) calls them "twitterers", The New York Times calls them "twitterers" ... but a local 'expert' says ....
        Originally posted by Dean Letfus View Post
        They are called twits Perry, not twitterers.
        Gee, who should I believe?

--

AndrewK: I agree. In my experience, the word "accurate" doesn't really belong in the same sentence as anything like "personality indicator".
        re P Diddy, what you or I find "entertaining, intelligent, humorous and interesting" ... someone else might not. Who cares? He's got something.

BTW: I thought I detected a whiff of satire (or at least tongue-in-cheek) in the original Telegraph article, viz:

"...the most up-beat celebrity according to a scientific formula"... "Language experts created a formula to gauge how positive each Twitter post is"...."The study was carried out by Foster's, the Australian lager company"

Er, Andrew. Hello?
        Peter Aranyi
        Blog: www.ThePaepae.com

Comment

• LOL my bad Peter wasnt paying full attention, more focussed on whether my wifes contractions meant she was going into labour or not at the time. - False Alarm.

I'm sure Fosters performed the 'Scientific' tests to the highest of standards..........

And if Dean or anyone else wants to call themselves a 'Twit' let them. but there are numerous phrases i have heard from twitterer, tweeter, tweoples and even twiggas so take your pick
          Last edited by AndrewK; 05-07-2009, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
            LOL my bad Peter wasnt paying full attention, more focussed on whether my wifes contractions meant she was going into labour or not at the time. - False Alarm.
            Wow, cool, Andrew! All the best for the imminent arrival. Life-changing. Been there... I'm sure we all wish you happy days.

Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
            And if Dean or anyone else wants to call themselves a 'Twit' let them. but there are numerous phrases i have heard from twitterer, tweeter, tweoples and even twiggas so take your pick
            Yes, of course you're right. My comment might read as more caustic than I meant.
            It was just what I saw as the definitive and instructive tone: Originally Posted by Dean Letfus: "They are called twits Perry, not twitterers" when no less than Steven Fry had just been quoted calling them twitterers!

...as Terry and others have pointed out, the 'I've been here 5 minutes but I am the guru' schtick is, er, implausible.
            Call twitterers anything you like (tweoples? <snort>), but why make the effort to trivially correct someone else's use? Seems like more 'expert' posing to me.

(Or perhaps the game is just to get one's bold red underlined free advertisement out there as much as possible?)
            Last edited by PeterEmpowerEd; 05-07-2009, 11:23 AM.
            Peter Aranyi

Comment

• Not too life changing this is child number 4 LOL.
              Last edited by Perry; 05-07-2009, 12:16 PM. Reason: removed quoted text

Comment

• Hello all,

This thread prompted by own opinion piece on this - click here.

Cheers

Marc
                Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

• I agree Marc.

Just another moeny making scheme in the big picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by whitt View Post
                    I agree Marc.
                    Just another moeny making scheme in the big picture.
                    What's wrong with that? Can you ever have too much moeny ??

Yes, OK. I know it's bad web etiquette ... but that typo seemed funny.
                    Peter Aranyi

Comment

• How many pithy aphorisms can you think of:
                      • Fools and their money are soon parted
                      • There's one born every minute
                      • Fools rush in . . .
                      • Decide in haste - repent at leisure
                      • A wealth pitch of mine gives me thine
                      • Attend in haste - be spent at my pleasure

Some, ahhhh, liberties taken, there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                        How many pithy aphorisms can you think of:
                        • Fools rush in . . .

How about "Moeny makes the world go around..." ??

Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
                        Not too life changing this is child number 4 LOL.
                        Good luck for number four, Andrew. All the best to your family, - regards, P
                        Last edited by PeterEmpowerEd; 05-07-2009, 06:52 PM.
                        Peter Aranyi

Comment

• Tweeter, Tweetree, Twhirl, Twitterfon . . .

Maybe there's a special place for Luddites?

Things are spiralling out of control. I think I have become
                          lost in a world of electronic madness.

One of my sons informed me this week that my cell phone
                          has become obsolete and I must head down to the Cell
                          Phone store and get a phone that is contemporary with the
                          time.

I pointed out that the fancy Razor/Slim line phone with
                          camera built in that he made me trade my perfectly good
                          flip-top ******** cell phone for two years ago still works
                          perfectly fine. Well, except for the camera thing. Never
                          could figure that out... Even the few times I actually did take
                          pictures I couldn't figure what to do with them and gave up.

That is except when I would push the wrong button and take
                          a video of the ceiling or my feet.

Seems the issue is that I am unable to text with the tiny little
                          3 character buttons. "Hi, son," would come out looking like,
                          "Gh Qmo." My grandkids have even spoken to me about my
                          crazy text messages. Give me a break. What ever happened
                          to actually talking on a phone? Isn't that what they were
                          invented for?

They want me to get one of those phones that you can turn
                          upside down and sideways and has a typewriter keyboard
                          with keys about one-eighth the size of my pinky finger.

One of my four sons is a realtor whose real occupation is fly
                          fishing. "Way to go, son."

Or in my text language, "Xbz um Io, rmo."

We were floating the Yakima River in his guide quality drift
                          boat south of Ellensburg, Washington. We were miles from
                          anything remotely resembling civilization. Rock canyon
                          walls were on either side of us. Bear with me as I try to
                          explain this strange thing.

His "Blackberry" rang. It was blue and I asked him why it
                          wasn't called a Blueberry. He shook his head with that
                          'dealing with an elder despair' look I get a lot these days. It
                          was another realtor who called to say that the sellers he
                          represented had agreed to my son's client's changes and he
                          had the signed documents in hand.

My son told him to FAX the papers to his office and he
                          would get them signed and Faxed back, to close the deal that
                          morning. A minute later the phone rang and he hit a few
                          buttons and looked over the FAX, now on the Yakima River
                          with us.

He then called his clients and told them he was Faxing the
                          papers to them to sign and asked them to FAX them back to
                          his office.. While he was waiting, he hooked into a fat
                          rainbow and was just releasing this 22 inch beauty as his
                          phone rang again with the signed FAX from his clients.

He called the other realtor and told him he was sending the
                          signed papers back by FAX. The deal was closed. He smiled
                          and just said, "You are a little behind the times, Dad."
                          I guess I am.

I thought about the sixty million dollar a year business I ran
                          with 1800 employees, all without a Blackberry that played
                          music, took videos, pictures and communicated with
                          Facebook and Twitter.

I signed up under duress for Twitter and Facebook, so my
                          seven kids, their spouses, 13 grandkids and 2 great grand
                          kids could communicate with me in the modern way. I
                          figured I could handle something as simple as Twitter with
                          only 140 characters of space.

That was before one of my grandkids hooked me up for
                          Tweeter, Tweetree, Twhirl, Twitterfon, Tweetie and
                          Twittererific Tweetdeck, Twitpix and something that sends
                          every message to my cell phone and every other program
                          within the texting world.

My phone was beeping every three minutes with the details
                          of everything except the bowel movements of the entire next
                          generation. I am not ready to live like this. I keep my cell
                          phone in the garage in my golf bag.

The kids bought me a GPS for my last birthday because they
                          say I get lost every now and then going over to the grocery
                          store or library. I keep that in a box under my tool bench
                          with the Blue tooth [it's red] phone I am supposed to use
                          when I drive. I wore it once and was standing in line at
                          Barnes and Nobles talking to my wife as every one in the
                          nearest 50 yards was glaring at me. Seems I have to take my
                          hearing aid out to use it and got a little loud.

I mean the GPS looked pretty smart on my dash board, but
                          the lady inside was the most annoying, rudest person I had
                          run into in a long time. Every 10 minutes, she would
                          sarcastically say, "Re-calc-ul-ating" You would think that
                          she could be nicer. It was like she could barely tolerate me.
                          She would let go with a deep sigh and then tell me to make a
                          U-turn at the next light. Then when I would make a right
                          turn instead, it was not good.

When I get really lost now, I call my wife and tell her the
                          name of the cross streets and while she is starting to develop
                          the same tone as Gypsy, the GPS lady, at least she loves me.

To be perfectly frank, I am still trying to learn how to use
                          the cordless phones in our house. We have had them for 4
                          years, but I still haven't figured out how I can lose three
                          phones all at once and have run around digging under chair
                          cushions and checking bathrooms and the dirty laundry
                          baskets when the phone rings.

The world is just getting too complex for me. They even
                          mess me up every time I go to the grocery store. You would
                          think they could settle on something themselves but this
                          sudden "Paper or Plastic?" every time I check out just
                          knocks me for a loop.

I bought some of those cloth re-usable bags to avoid looking
                          confused but never remember to take them in with me.

Now I toss it back to them. When they ask me, "Paper or
                          Plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I'm bi-sacksual."

Then it's their turn to stare at me with a blank look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marc View Post
                            Hello all,

This thread prompted by own opinion piece on this - click here.

Cheers

Marc
                            Nice post Marc.

I went to Mark Joyners farewell on the weekend and met amazingly real people who do just what these people talk about when they sell these seminars.

Amazingly though they do it, they don't sell how to do it to other people, they just do it.

One guy flew down from Japan for the party (because he can), he has a number of sites that generate the equivalent of the average wage (each) for him and he spends most of his days tramping and reading because thats what he likes to do. Another guy has written 92 books, all published and he continues writing.

The guys doing it.....do it. well at least it looks that way to me.

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                            How many pithy aphorisms can you think of:
                            • Fools rush in . . .

Look Ma No Hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
                              Look Ma No Hands.
                              In my opinion the 'Look Ma No Hands' is exactly why we have SO many internet marketers. They sell the belief that because its online it requires no effort and people really believe that.

I actually had what i guess you could call a business proposal suggested to me recently that had me laughing.

I have a friend who has been trying to get into affiliate marketing on and off for years, he gets all the concepts but just cant apply himself long enough to ever earn more than $100 a month , he has been to all the seminars and even bought into several expensive pieces of software to automate everything for him but he has just never put in the necessary effort to succeed.

Well he approached me and another friend about starting a business doing guess what???? Teaching people for thousands of dollars how to affiliate market! I nearly fell off my chair laughing when it was pitched to me. But apparently its a case of taking our knowledge of affiliate marketing and sharing it with other people for cash so we dont have to put in all the work as affiliate marketers cos we can just go around teaching seminars and it would be effortless compared to actually working.
                              Of course he wanted me and our friend to actually run the seminars and for him to participate in an undisclosed role and split the profits evenly 3 ways.

He had thought this through right down to inquiring about leasing european sports cars to drive around in and actually stated this as part of his idea to me as it would make us look more credible and be fun to have expensive sports cars that were tax deductible becasue they were leased through a company.

Comment

• 'Out the window' with the 35 hour work week....I think the French still have that. If it is lifestyle you want then go and live in France they do it the best!

To do well with Internet related businesses (probably like any other type of business) it takes long hours (often unsociable - not sure what a social life is anymore ) hard graft and has a certain unpredictability to it for the first few years (not sure exactly how many years we're still experiencing the unpredictability after 6 years).

It's certainly not the easy way to lots of $$ in fact there would be more people losing lots of $$ with Internet businesses then people making lots of $$ (my guess).

The glorification of the successful Internet businesses that originally started in their garage - I think has given rise to the thought that it's easy to do. I mean if Microsoft, google, TradeMe etc did it.....and from their garage - how hard can it be?

Cheers,

Donna
                                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
                                X