Go The All Whites!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go The All Whites!!

No mention of the World Cup in these forums yet...so I have got in first.

NZ 1 Italy 1

What a result for NZ this morning. We had 3 shots on goal - one made it through - Italy had 27 shots on goal and only one made it through.

The football we play may not be pretty, but there's not doubting its effectiveness.

We have scored more goals than England and have more points than France....and we still have a shot at qualifying for the second round.

Go the All Whites!

Cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

I have to admit, I predicted 3 losses! Just qualifying was fantastic. Now 2 (very) creditable draws later, I am hoping I was wrong on all 3 counts. Awesome All Whites! Just goes to show where determination, self-belief and the right head space can get you.

I still think Brazil will beat Netherlands in the final !

Comment

Well played All Whites. The second half was nerve racking. I had no intentions of watching any of the game, until I noticed that you scored first. A really fun outcome.

Comment

I wonder if the power houses of football = England, France will get to the second round.

Great result for Portugal this morning.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Its extraordinary... I never realised they were so good! A fair amount of their success must be that they can run onto the pitch believing in themselves. Who would have thought we could stand proud beside the Italian team.
          Charging enough rent?
          NZ Scams to Avoid
          Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

Anybody feel lucky today? here's to Italy in a tie and your squad on top.

Comment

The All Whites did better than I thought they would with a draw to end their campaign. A remarkable effort for the lowest ranked team there - coming third in their group above Italy. I hope the game goes to a new level here though with Ricky exiting, Ryan wanting less responsibility and no International games on the radar - we may find ourselves waiting another 20 odd years before we compete again at that level.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Lets hope not, but they really need to look at the game and start working out ways to get more points on the board. Basketball is ridiculous but so are nil all draws against world class teams.
                Charging enough rent?
                NZ Scams to Avoid
                Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

What a great game, and a solid finish to end their performance at the world cup. I am over in the UK and there was a lot of respect over her for them as they were even making headlines in the paper over here.

Comment

Even if its another 20 years for a comparable performance....finishing ahead of the defending champs is solid. Really looking forward to this weekend. This will be my first World Cup in Europe.

Comment

You wouldn't want to be the Italian or French team returning home. I heard the last time the Italians lost to Cameron they were pelted with rotten fruit when they got off the plane.

Last in their group and not getting past the first round has to be worse aye.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

SPAIN the winners - go Paul the Octopus

Wow Paul the Octopus gets it right 100 % with Spain winning 1 -0 over the Netherlands.

I wonder what the Oracle Octopus would predict for the RWC 2011?

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

I was in San Sebastian in Spain for world cup final. Unreal!

Regards
                          Aaron

Comment

awesome - party time and warm.....yep you did well Aaron.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Working...
                            X