Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real benefits of Property Investment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real benefits of Property Investment!

I was thinking to myself, as sometimes I do, about what the
    real benefit is of owning investment properties.

I thought it would be a good topic to discuss on this forum to see
    why investors choose property as an investment and what gains
    can be had by choosing to invest.

Many people will have different reasons and it would be interesting
    to find out just what is achievable with property. My interest is to get
    capital gain so would be interesting to here from anyone with this
    in mind also. When would the best time to sell, in a boom maybe.

Over to whoever.

Regards

FH
    Home Buyz
    [email protected]

My group of properties keeps a family member gainfully employed (part time) and gathering experience on several fronts. If he moves away or into a different field of work I will probably sell all or most properties and put the money elsewhere, probably the sharemarket.

Might add that they have rewarded me handsomely in the meantime, as well as meeting family needs.

Comment

Why would you sell if he moved on? and why into shares?

Cheers

Ted
      It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.
      - Babe Ruth

Comment

Hi

I would probably only sell my one and only property if someone
        offered me twice as much as what I paid for it.

FH.
        Home Buyz
        [email protected]

Comment

FH,
          There are two primary motivators: feer and greed. It will vary for each of us, but the primary motivation for me is fear; fear that I won't extract the best possible life out of my days on earth, fear that I won't be able to afford prompt medical care for myself or the ones I love, fear that I won't be able to help myself or those I love when they need it.
          Simple really: property investment can help me to mitigate the chances that my fears will be realised.
          Julian
          Gimme $20k. You will receive some well packaged generic advice that will put you on the road to riches beyond your wildest dreams ...yeah right!

Comment

Julian,

What a great way to put things into perpective. I guess without actually
            writing it down digitally I have these same fears. I have family also
            that I would like to help in tough times and my motivation does come
            from mostly wanting to help others while still being able to afford
            the odd luxury sports car in the future.

I would hate to think that I could make a large amount of money and
            not share it with the people I love the most, not to mention all of those
            people in a worse position than myself.

I started this thread not thinking exactly why I had started invested, you
            have just helped me bring that reason to light.

FH
            Home Buyz
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Ted
              Why would you sell if he moved on? and why into shares?

Cheers

Ted
              Because he does most of the property management and maintenance - and the reason I bought the properties was to provide a current and future income stream for him and his family. Too much hassle for me, and dealing with tenants and maintenance is not my cup of tea anyway. I could take on a property manager, of course.

I have had an interest in the sharemarket for years, enjoy it and have done well from it.

I look forward to having more time to spend in that area.

Comment

Hi FH

In one word: GREED

Regards
                "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Can't be just greed Muppet! Am sure there is more to you than that.

FH.
                  Home Buyz
                  [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Artemis,

I was wondering not that its my business anyway, like all things in life its what turns you on that drives you.

Cheers
                    It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.
                    - Babe Ruth

Comment

Freezinghot,
                      I'm prepared to take you up on your kind offer, and will gladly pay you double what you paid for your property - provided it is in about the same condition as when you bought it, and provided we can settle in 20 years with a one dollar deposit to hold it. Do we have a deal?
                      Julian
                      Gimme $20k. You will receive some well packaged generic advice that will put you on the road to riches beyond your wildest dreams ...yeah right!

Comment

Julian

Yeah, that deal sounds good to me. Double my money and all I had to do was find
                        the money to pay for it.

Wonder what it would be worth in 20 years?

FH.
                        Home Buyz
                        [email protected]

Comment

Julian

If he takes that deal, I will kick you.
                          Patience is a virtue.

Comment

My main reason for investing in general is similar to Julians, to ensure that I can provide for any loved ones and myself throughout lifes uncertainties. And secondly to make the most out of life where money makes this a little easier!!

The reason that I choose to invest in property however is because it is seen as a rather safe investment over time and something that we are all reasonably familiar with, hence visibly an easy option. I also find it interesting and enjoy the various options available to add value and interact.

My investment strategy in property is mainly for capital gains at this stage. Taking into account the amount of effort, capital, risk, and opportunity cost, I believe the returns are generally not that great for income with the current high housing prices and relatively low rental incomes.

I also invest in shares and managed funds to spread my risk. Of the 3 investment types I find property more interesting as it is more complex which allows me to also learn from it and apply this knowledge to assist my day to day life.

Comment

essence,
                              Hey I'm used to being kicked - I was married once.
                              Julian

Comment

Working...
                              X