Header Ad Module

Collapse

young and passionate

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • David Logan
    Freshie
    • Apr 2009
    • 1

    #1

    young and passionate

    Hey guys,

    I'm only 16 and I’m currently in 6th form. I have always had a huge passion for wealth creation but haven't really had any direction. I first got introduced to property by complete accident by bumping into a guy called Corey Lust who was an old work mate of my brothers. I soon found out from talking to him that he was a property investor and instantly my heart felt like it was going to explode because i felt like i had found the path that i wanted to take. After going home that night i couldn't sleep at all. From there on i went to a few sessions with Corey and he taught me some basic principles of investment but some of it went straight over my head.

    Since then I have been trying my best to accumulate as much knowledge as i can but it has not been a very encouraging road as there is not much support around me. Most of the people which surround my life aren't that positive about what i'm trying to do and the other half think i'm just crazy and think i'm too young to be thinking about wealth creation. I'm sick of people putting labels on you just because of your age, why can't youth learn how to accumulate wealth, why can't we have the opportunity to be financially free and be able to live the life they want and be able to do the job they really want without having to blink at the pay check. Another big influence on me is my parents, don’t get me wrong I love my parents but I don’t want to end up like them - in dept and struggling to pay off mortgages and working all year only to find out they’re spending more than they earn every year.

    I don't really enjoy school because I feel like a bird with clipped wings in a cage. I feel as if there is a constant ceiling to which our abilities and creativeness are crushed under. I’m sick of having to have an opinion about every single thing…and then write an essay about it and make stupid connotations which are completely ridiculous. In my careers class we are watching surf’s up (an animated kids movie) because apparently it had something to do with careers?? I don’t know about you but if time is money, I am losing a lot buy attending that class!

    I want to live and create wealth with the sky as my limit but I do need guidance and a direction as to where to start and what possibilities are available at my age and what I can be doing in preparation for the future. I need some tangible advice and processes that I can take and apply in my life to secure my future and the future of my children (I don’t have any kids if you’re wondering lol… I’m talking years in the future haha)

    Well you guys are the experts and I’m the student ill take any advice/opportunities I can get! Tell me what you think and if you have any advice or ideas I’m all ears.

    A book I read said that creating wealth is 95% mindset and 5% technique

    Thanks heaps =]

    David Logan
  • donna
    Administrator
    • Aug 2003
    • 10072

    #2
    Hi David,

    Enjoy reading all the free information in these forums. Ask questions, answer others posts and over time you will realise you are now part of a 'tribe' (Seth Godin's book - Tribes ).

    Cheers,

    Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk


    BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

    Comment

    Working...