This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacDonald Trial

Thinly property-related case, but interesting nonetheless, how these farming families operate with split ownership etc.

Regarding the result, I was not surprised that he was found not guilty. Every scrap of so-called evidence was circumstantial to say the least.

And in other news this morning, looks like Anna MacDonald is back on the market. Like a slightly older looking Charlize Theron, I reckon.

McDonald is innocent in the same way OJ Simpson is. i.e. totally guilty but unable to be proven so.

Kylie Guy is a very attractive lady. I wondered throughout the trial whether it wasn't just the farm McDonald was jealous of. Maybe he was jealous of Scott Guy having such a beautiful wife as well. Maybe he wanted the farm and her?....
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

I don't think that's the case re guilt. In any case, he's been found not guilty, so is therefore not guilty. That's the system.

I think Anna is far nicer looking than Kylie. It'd be unfair to say out of Ewen's league, of course, as I don't know the size of his wallet. Moot in any case now.

Comment

The shareholding has changed too Ewan won't get a thing from the farm I reckon. He's on the market too I guess but clearly not an attractive option.

A classic Shakespearean like real life drama as mentioned on close up last night.

Cheers

Donna
        Last edited by donna; 08-07-2012, 11:14 AM.
        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

I was surprised he got off. Given his vandalism, tagging, deer slaughtering etc it only seems a short jump to actually doing harm to someone. That and the fact that he only admitted to things as they became provable. What else has he done that he hasn't been found out about....

Comment

Kylie rates slightly higher in my books.

I cant help thinking that the defence lawyer was pretty good.
            And that the chief detective, well she looked bordering on incompetant, didnt do very well to create a well secured case.
            The prosecuting lawyer was pretty weak.

My gut feeling is that if the defence lawyer was the prosecuter we would have seen a different result.

Comment

But the boots, people, the boots. Squiggly imprint lines confirmed they're not his.

Comment

Toasty - how can you say that? It's a HUGE leap from vandalism to murder, for crying out loud.

Yeah, calling him guilty is tantamount to libel, isn't it, now that he's officially innocent.

Bluekiwi - bad taste, I'm afraid. I guess both are available, but give the lady a break. At least Anna's availability is by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                  Kylie rates slightly higher in my books.

I cant help thinking that the defence lawyer was pretty good.
                  And that the chief detective, well she looked bordering on incompetant, didnt do very well to create a well secured case.
                  The prosecuting lawyer was pretty weak.

My gut feeling is that if the defence lawyer was the prosecuter we would have seen a different result.
                  Prosecutors are more hamstrung than you might think...they have to be even handed whereas the defence lawyer is under no such restriction. However they do have the states resources behind them.

It seems to me that the police and prosecutor knew they didn't have a definitive case but concluded that it wasn't going to get any better, and that the family deserved to have the evidence against MacDonald tested in court. I suspect they would have briefed the family beforehand that the chances of success weren't over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLiberalLeft View Post
                    But the boots, people, the boots. Squiggly imprint lines confirmed they're not his.
                    A vital cock up on the prosecution's case IMHO

www.3888444.co.nz
                    Facebook Page

Comment

Toasty - how can you say that? It's a HUGE leap from vandalism to murder, for crying out loud.

Yeah, calling him guilty is tantamount to libel, isn't it, now that he's officially innocent.

Bluekiwi - bad taste, I'm afraid. I guess both are available, but give the lady a break. At least Anna's availability is by choice.
                      I am just rating the looks and the defence / prosecutor cases on their merits.
                      Worse form saying someone is "back on the market" TLL I think too much green stuff has colored your sunnies, you need to stop wearing them indoor's.

Ivan regardless of what the lawyers can and cant do, the defence lawyer was brilliant, the proesecutor lawyer below par.
                      Yes the case was always going to be a hard sell and an unlikely chance of conviction.

Still the police must have look back on this, and think could we have done better.

My pick is that in time the police will have another go at him, when he slips up.

Comment

..... Kylie. It'd be unfair to say out of Ewen's league, of course, as I don't know the size of his wallet.
                        Ye olde "all women are w?&$es" .....tsk tsk not very liberal of you TLL

Cheers
                        Spaceman
                        Last edited by donna; 05-07-2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I'm disappointed by all this presumption of guilt stuff. He's been found not guilty by his peers.

I'm also a bit surprised his Mrs isn't sticking by him.

Comment

I have a pretty low opinion of taggers. It is a big step but the guy seems to have a screw loose and I wonder if there are any intermediate crimes between tagging and murder that we don't know about because he hasn't been caught out on them. There are a few studies and links between people who torture animals and move on to human related violence etc.

They should have called the puppies and deer as witnesses. I bet they know some stuff, although he silenced the deer....

Comment

I'm disappointed by all this presumption of guilt stuff. He's been found not guilty by his peers.

I'm also a bit surprised his Mrs isn't sticking by him.
                              I think you know that your last statement very well explains the first

Comment

Working...
                              X