How to Create a Twitter Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Create a Twitter Account

Twitter is a great tool for business to connect and share information. Twitter is classed as a micro-blogging service in that you “Tweet” (which means post) a short text message to the Twitter network. You are allowed 140 characters for your “Tweet”. The tweet is sent out to all the people who “follow” you. In a way it works like SMS but instead of the text message being sent to just one recipient the message is sent to many people.

Follow the steps below to setup a Twitter account:

Read here: http://businessblogs.co.nz/2009/11/2...itter-account/

Cheers

Marc
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Now is that about twitter marc or just providing some links back to your new blog

Comment

Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
      Now is that about twitter marc or just providing some links back to your new blog
      Both tpr2

Comment

Called....Clever Marketing!!!!!!!!!
        "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

.....called 'interactive marketing'.

Cheers,

Donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

It's called Social Media

Comment

how is it "interactive marketing" ?
              What are you guys using Twitter for ?
              How does it help the business ?
              How does it help the website /blog ?
              Food.Gems.ILS

Comment

are you saying you're not on twitter Keith?

Cripes... you better get over there quick, all the spots are running out lol

Comment

NO, not saying that at all, some of your (& Marks & Deans)various twitter accounts follow some of my accounts.
                  The question is, how are you using it for efficient business purpose rather than being a potentially huge time waster?
                  Food.Gems.ILS

Comment

And just to show that I am willing to share my knowledge, as opposed to just receiving it, I use a couple of twitter accounts to promote a friends restaurant.
                    In his case, Twitter is used not so much to make a direct sale, or do a direct promotion, (which does occur) but to create a lasting web presence.
                    Same happens with these posts from PT - Mark must have thousands of links back to his blog via PT twitter account
                    Food.Gems.ILS

Comment

My Twitter accounts generate clients directly. My last event had Facebook and Twitter people who otherwise didn't know me at all.
                      It also helps me drive traffic to some of my websites where they become clients. People I could reach no other way.

Comment

We have a few twitter accounts some just pump out automated posts from RSS feeds coming from some of our websites - PT included. This is to drive traffic back to the website. Works okay but not a major focus. Then we have ones such as @BusinessTalk which takes time and effort and I use it to network. Networking is very powerful on Twitter - better than Facebook for me personally.

However - right now - nothing and I mean nothing comes near search. Google is it.

Comment

Working...
                        X